• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Netflix and other streaming services?

Years
Love em or hate em? I don't have cable in my room so I get netflix, it's amazing to me. I never watched enough tv to justify a huge cable bill. The price for Netflix and Hulu is amazing and you get these huge libraries of constantly updated movies and tv.

I don't watch much tv but these days when I'm going to bed at night it's great to wind down with a movie or tv series I like. The suggestion engine for Netflix is pretty good at finding me things I like as well.

Years
I love my Netflix, I've had it since summer 2011. And yes, unwinding at night with a nice movie or a cool documentary with some snacks is great.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
My connection is rubbish so Netflix doesn't really work for me. It takes forever to load anything and then whilst it's playing its all buggy and skips so I stopped using it. I'll probably try it again some time if I get a new router or something, but for now it's just not worth it. I do love the idea though, being able to watch any movie at any time sounds wonderful <3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I don't have Netflix, but I want it. I used it at my cousins house once and it was awesome. I love how cheap it is also, definitely on my list of things to get this year.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I love netflix -- we use it instead of bothering with a cable bill. I can't see living without it ;)

Years
Streaming is great. I still like having my own copies of particular movies, but just paying a flat fee for access to more movie and television that I could ever watch is great. I can try new things anytime without any downsides. I have netflix and while it doesn't have everything I would want it to, I kinda feel like eventually it will. Or if it doesn't someone else will.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I have both Netflix and LoveFilm (along with other TV catch-up apps such as 4oD and BBC iPlayer), I think they're brilliant. I mainly use them to watch films on as I'm not a huge fan of long series and if I do really like a series I will make sure to watch it on TV.

Years
Streaming is great. I still like having my own copies of particular movies, but just paying a flat fee for access to more movie and television that I could ever watch is great. I can try new things anytime without any downsides. I have netflix and while it doesn't have everything I would want it to, I kinda feel like eventually it will. Or if it doesn't someone else will.

Can't wait til the streaming services have basically any content you're looking for. I can see it getting that way, when netflix began it had next to no selection and people said it was gonna go nowhere - yet now it's making deals with disney for first dibs on its content.

Back