• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where will Ash Go after the Unova League?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendofox3d

Watch Pokemon Cyclone Saga!!
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
The Unova league arc is close in japan, and they wont be releasing gen 6 anytime soon, so where could ash go after?
Maybe he could return to johto or hoenn. Maybe they'll make something like the orange islands? Where do you guys think he will go? Maybe the anime will end with ash, and start a new anime like that b2/w2 animated trailer. I'm sure nintendo saw feedback on how it is better than the anime. Then again, most anime viewers are kids...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Anime wise, only other hints as possible return is Kanto. Team Rocket left at the end of their arc back to Kanto so to keep the main Antagonist they'd have to go back to Kanto. Especially since Giovanni is planning something new.

There's not really anything for Ash to do in Hoenn anymore. Everything made for Hoenn has been done already. We can still get a hint for Gen 6 in the anime as well since the tournament hasn't ended yet so odds are he can still go to a new region at the end of Unova.

Nothing says Gen 6 cannot come out in Fall of 2013. Anything is fair game now and there haven't been any hints on what's next unless you count Team Rocket returning to Kanto. In which case, Kanto is where Ash is going next.

BTW we already know about half the tournament right now. Most of the main Characters have already battled and only 3 major ones are still in with 2 facing off next leaving 2 for the episodes after that. Which will come fairly quickly.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I would like to see something like the Orange Islands. We can assume he will win whatever there sense he has beaten the Tournament in Orange Islands and Offered to become a Frontier Brain. But ya,I would really love to see something like Orange Islands. I would also take a guess that there is probably another region to the west of Unova. I would like to see him return to Johto,but it is possible that that may bring Dawn back sense she in currently in Johto.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I agree with Xanders points. By all indications we have seen he should go to Kanto. Heck even if the intro they have Ash pokemon at Oak Lab. So reunite him with them and they embark on some Filler Arc.

For me though it all fringes on what the League results are. If he wins than I see a Champions League, if he loses than I see some random arc that occupies us till 6th gen. And yes it can happen soon, there is nothing to stop it from happening. So after Movie 16 or even a little before I wouldn't be surprised if we see or hear of some 6th Gen related things or pokemon. There could always been a Plasma interruption which can lead to a Plasma arc, which gives them a little more room to develop Ash pokemon he has with him.

Years
Just gonna throw this out there...a filler arc in Ransei or Oblivia. I just think that would be cool, personally. (probably never gonna happen, but still.)

The characters never explore spin-off regions since the main series games are often the priority on an advertising spectrum. Game Freak wants to make money, which explains why they only travel to main series regions.

Also, I do agree with XanderO that I could see Ash returning to Kanto since there is not much to do until the possible 6th Generation is revealed. Although a Team Plasma arc can be a possibility since the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami in Japan caused the Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma episodes to be cancelled.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hopefully they will finally show those episodes about TR and TP. After this new what they call N Episode comes out. I wonder what he would do in Kanto though. He has done the Battle Frontier and the Orange Islands there.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
It doesn't seem sensible at this point in the show to go back and air TR vs. TP episodes. I am sure they already thought of something new which is what this Episode N stuff is about. I just dunno how much of an arc they can encompass in this.

EDIT: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2012/11/121130_g01.html?i001=news
Guess its not really out of the question than. Although I don't know why they would come all the way back from Kanto.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
It's a good question, but it might lead to something. Least is shows that this N Episode might be more than just a Chronicle like special.

Anyways, maybe not Hoenn but there is always the Sinnoh/Johto "Battle Frontier". Wherever they wanna put it. And in the matter of Caitlin being part of the Elite Four of Unova that can easily be covered since it's her Butler that is really the frontier brain? iirc... But not really fond of this idea because he would be backtracking a bit?

But honestly I really like the idea of a Plasma arc. :|b Maybe the place Axew ends up in is a lead up to it if we don't have information on where Axew ends up in yet. idk.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Well that is what has been confirmed since so that's going to be the case. Also Team Rocket is going to be part of it as well since they're coming back.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
It seems like they may stay in Unova for the N arc. TBH I think people would be mad if they did a 3RD Kanto journey again. I mean they could pull a OI and make up a small region or something. I guess we will find out next week when we get more info about the upcoming arc.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
Anything that brings back old regions or old characters (like Misty, Brock, etc) will be super fun because it's things we've grown attached to and will be exciting

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Anime wise, only other hints as possible return is Kanto. Team Rocket left at the end of their arc back to Kanto so to keep the main Antagonist they'd have to go back to Kanto. Especially since Giovanni is planning something new.

There's not really anything for Ash to do in Hoenn anymore. Everything made for Hoenn has been done already. We can still get a hint for Gen 6 in the anime as well since the tournament hasn't ended yet so odds are he can still go to a new region at the end of Unova.

Nothing says Gen 6 cannot come out in Fall of 2013. Anything is fair game now and there haven't been any hints on what's next unless you count Team Rocket returning to Kanto. In which case, Kanto is where Ash is going next.

BTW we already know about half the tournament right now. Most of the main Characters have already battled and only 3 major ones are still in with 2 facing off next leaving 2 for the episodes after that. Which will come fairly quickly.

No they mention in the Anime the Unova league is being held in Johto, so you would possibly see a return to there.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
No they mention in the Anime the Unova league is being held in Johto, so you would possibly see a return to there.

Um...no? The Unova League is held in Unova. Why would it be held in Johto? I've already watched all of the current episodes for the Unova League and they are in an Anime only location in Unova. There haven't been any "go to Johto" references.

We know they stay in Unova for the next season as they head to Aspertia after the league and TR comes back from Kanto for some, as of yet, unexplained reason.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Um...no? The Unova League is held in Unova. Why would it be held in Johto? I've already watched all of the current episodes for the Unova League and they are in an Anime only location in Unova. There haven't been any "go to Johto" references.

We know they stay in Unova for the next season as they head to Aspertia after the league and TR comes back from Kanto for some, as of yet, unexplained reason.

Don't know how you've watched them all.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

It is in Johto... according to Kotetsu :D

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
It is in Unova. Most of the Unova League episodes are out in Japan and they are almost done. Kotetsu is fairly stupid in the Anime so you really can not go on anything he says. He may have meant he was from Johto or has been to Johto. Or thinking he was in Johto.

We know everything that happens in the Unova League, and you can watch new episodes on apps on a smartphone or computer.

This is a link from Bulbapedia about Higaki Town where the Unova League takes place. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Higaki_City

After the League he goes to the White Tower or something like that where Reshiram is suppose to be. He meets Cheren as well who has just become a gym leader. So the next arc takes place in Unova and is a Team Plasma arc. And the reason they come back to Unova is to take out Team Plasma. According to what Serebii had.

Last edited:

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I assume Ash will go back to Kanto, but I hope Brock, Dawn, Zoey and Paul come back to the show as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back