• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Well even so, shouldn't the movement work anyways? Meh... I'm gonna try it and see if it works out.

EDIT: It didn't work. The guy still doesn't send you back a space =[ Any help?

Maybe you should add a waitmovement 0x0 after your movements.That might fix it,but Im not sure.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
really weird problem

I have this code for a person event:
Spoiler:

But when I test the game and talk to this person, It just says I got a rare candy and then the person disappears, but then reappears if I take a step.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
I have this code for a person event:
Spoiler:

But when I test the game and talk to this person, It just says I got a rare candy and then the person disappears, but then reappears if I take a step.

you need to set a flag to make them actually dissapear.

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
yeah i did that, still doesnt work
did you register it?

go to command promt, go to the directory where you put the ocx, then type in regsvr32 [insert filename here]

where [insert filename here] is the name of the ocx, plus the extension.

for example: regsvr32 blah.ocx

PlatniumPiano

Years
I realize that now, but the problem was that the script is not working at all. The person is not doing any of the things in the code for their person event, they are just acting like an item.
You forgot to use a fadescreen 0x1 command to bring the screen back. Try that first.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Well even so, shouldn't the movement work anyways? Meh... I'm gonna try it and see if it works out.

EDIT: It didn't work. The guy still doesn't send you back a space =[ Any help?

lol, oops, Quickster totally reminded me of that.
I didn't look for waitmovements.

changes in spoiler, BOLD RED

Spoiler:

Thanks to Quickster for pointing that out.

PlatniumPiano

Years
lol, oops, Quickster totally reminded me of that.
I didn't look for waitmovements.

changes in spoiler, BOLD RED

Spoiler:

Thanks to Quickster for pointing that out.

Actually... Shouldn't you have another waitmovement? I presume he doesn't want to have them both occur at the same time. If not just take out the first waitmovement. And it would be best to combine the two msgboxes at the beginning into one 0x5 box. Changes to Changes in spoiler lol
Spoiler:

ExitWound

Boggle
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
Actually... Shouldn't you have another waitmovement? I presume he doesn't want to have them both occur at the same time. If not just take out the first waitmovement. And it would be best to combine the two msgboxes at the beginning into one 0x5 box. Changes to Changes in spoiler lol
Spoiler:

Yeah I had already fixed this once I saw what I was wrong. Thanks for the help though. And there should be only 1 waitmovement because the player is going to step back when the old man steps forward. But the only thing that is wrong now is that when he pushes you back, he doesn't face the way he was facing before (right). Instead, after he pushes you back, he's left facing the tree... And as you can see, there is a face right in the movement.

tool

Novice Hacker
Years
Hello to everyone. I'm new to this forum.:)

I'm Hacking Pokémon Ruby, but i need help with a scipt!

Spoiler:

This is Maxie(The Team Magma leader)'s script on Mt. Chimney.
I don't want Archie(The Team Idro leader) to show up and say anything at all, so after the battle with Maxie, he says something to you then he and the Magma grunts disappear.
Can anyone help me?:\

Note: Sorry if my English is bad sometimes, I'm Italian :embarrass

Last edited:

ExitWound

Boggle
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
Ugh... Here we go again... I'm having troubles with a moving/battling script... again... This is what it's supposed to do:

Exclamation mark above your head followed by turning right.
Person walks 7 spaces left from out of screen to in front of you.
Wait for movement to complete.
Talks
Battles
Talks
Leaves
Wait for movement to complete
Done

This is what it does:
Wait for movement to complete (but doesn't move)
Talks
Battles
Talks
Done

The guy's Person ID is 1001 so you can't see him until the script kicks in. Which works. The only thing that doesn't is that he doesn't move (to my understanding). You can't see him because he is out of screen but that's what I think happens. The scripts var number is set to 5240 and this is a hack for Pokemon Sapphire.

Here is my script:

Spoiler:

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Ugh... Here we go again... I'm having troubles with a moving/battling script... again... This is what it's supposed to do:

Person walks 7 spaces left from out of screen to in front of you.
Wait for movement to complete.
Talks
Battles
Talks
Leaves
Wait for movement to complete
Done

This is what it does:
Talks
Battles
Talks
Done

The guy's Person ID is 1001 so you can't see him until the script kicks in. Which works. The only thing that doesn't is that he doesn't move (to my understanding). You can't see him because he is out of screen but that's what I think happens. The scripts var number is set to 5240 and this is a hack for Pokemon Sapphire.

Here is my script:

Spoiler:

See if that works any better.Fixes are in bold.

Chileno4Live

«Step into the light with me.»
Years
Okay, so i'm quite new to this forum, so if i do anything wrong forgive me.

I made this script. What it's supposed to do is give you a pokemon when you pick a pokeball on the desk of professor Oak's lab. That works properly. However, the problem is that the "pokepic" doesn't go away. I've done "hidepokepic" but it doesn't work. Here's the script:

Note: I made this script from scratch, i'm very proud of myself since everything works except that part D=<

Spoiler:

Years
Okay, so i'm quite new to this forum, so if i do anything wrong forgive me.

I made this script. What it's supposed to do is give you a pokemon when you pick a pokeball on the desk of professor Oak's lab. That works properly. However, the problem is that the "pokepic" doesn't go away. I've done "hidepokepic" but it doesn't work. Here's the script:

Note: I made this script from scratch, i'm very proud of myself since everything works except that part D=<

Spoiler:

Fixed it, it should work now. Changes in bold:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Chileno4Live

«Step into the light with me.»
Years
Hey thanks for fixing up my previous script. I've been scripting a lot and i've come up with a new problem! So let me first show you guys the script:
Spoiler:

So basically, i need to know a few things here. First of all, when you run into the script, you need to have a pokemon, obviously, or else you'll battle with a missigno, that part is good! However, i don't know which setflag i have to use, so i need a bit help on that. Also, when the script starts, Gary doesn't walk to you, so thats really weird. After the battle, he gives you the nationa dex, but i don't see the pokedex menu popping up! And last but not least, i need to know a command on how to make a sprite invisible until my script activates. And after the script he needs to be invisible again. How do i do that? Also how do you activate the rival battle and not just an ordinary trainer battle?

Last edited:

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
Years
Game:Ruby
Type:yes/no,special.apply movement
Editor:xse
Script:when i click yes or no it doesnt come up with the birch bag and thats what that special is supposed to do
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back