• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awec

Maniacal Egotist ~
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
1st Gen Hacking

Is it possible to hack 1st gen to fix the Ghost type doing no damage to psychic type bug?
I've been searching for ages for some info on this but I haven't seen anything.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Hey, I'm working with Pokemon Gold, and I accidentally moved an event in Elm's lab in Goldmap, and now every time I enter, the police officer is there and asks me to name the rival. How can I go about fixing this?

(Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I changed the trigger. Can this be fixed in Goldmap?)

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Hey, I'm working with Pokemon Gold, and I accidentally moved an event in Elm's lab in Goldmap, and now every time I enter, the police officer is there and asks me to name the rival. How can I go about fixing this?

(Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I changed the trigger. Can this be fixed in Goldmap?)
What you really did was changing his Bit No.
Check this out: http://hax.iimarck.us/files/scriptingcodes_eng.htm#Eventaufbau

As you can see, each person has a 2-byte bit number. However, GoldMap "doesn't know" this and assumes that each person has a 1-byte bit number instead (that "Triggered-box value").
You can fix this easily by changing the bit number of that person event back to normal. That link points to the Event Data structure in Gen II games so use it to find where the event data of that person is and change his bit number. The event data for the map can be found under Map Properties.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
I already know how to add new sprites, unless you're saying that the method you're mentioning in question makes it so the spots don't follow the Spinda sprite when repointed. I also use Wichu's program to do it since its simpler. So i'm guessing using UNLZ is effective?

I don't know if those spots will changed if you use that tut but I think you can remove them by using an ASM code or something... :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2012
Hey everyone.

Recently I've been working on a fire red hack. This was just a personal project I started a bit ago and wasn't supposed to be anything ultra fancy. I have very little programming knowledge, but with all the tools that have been made for rom hacking I didn't really need it. At first I was just using A-Trainer to make the game a bit more challenging and realistic (making gym leaders harder, giving trainers well-rounded teams, stuff like that). Then I started to get frustrated with using the same Pokemon over and over (150 is really not much) so I began using AdvanceMap to add most of the Gen I-III Pokemon catchable in the wild, which gave enemy trainers much more variety in their teams.

But then I randomly came across an old rom hack that interested me. One of the features of this hack was that it was a version of Fire Red that used the fourth gen method of splitting physical/special attacks by the move instead of the type. This was my single most favorite change with the fourth gen games and something I always wished was available in previous gens. So, I want this functionality in my game.

I have tried searching. But it's not an easy topic to search for. I'm sure it's been discussed here. I searched through the tutorials and such but couldn't find anything.

Ideally I would love to find a patch that I can run on a Fire Red rom that would change this functionality. However, if this is something that can only be achieved through ASM I would still consider doing it. If there is such a patch I'm not sure if it would interfere with the alterations I've already made, which is why I'd like to get the scoop on how to get this working before I work on my hack any further. I would be okay with doing all the changes over again if I could get the physical/special based on move and not type thing working.

Thanks for your assistance with my little project.

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2013
I followed some tutorials on music looping, but when my song should loop, the game crashes. It loops in Sappy though. I used Hackmews thumb.bat to create bins out of my .s files and import them. Hopefully someone can help me, I've searched the internet for looping midi's in anvil studio, but that didn't seem to work. Thanks in advance for reading this post :p

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2012
That's what you're looking for! :D
Brilliant, thank you. I wasn't sure how to describe this for a search, I guess "class split" was what I was looking for :)

Appreciated.

----------

Hi, bear with me, I have one more question.

I applied DoesntKnowHowToPlay's patch to (hopefully) enable type splitting. But I want to apply Jambo51's Counter/Mirror Coat fix here:

0801F6C2: 86 7A
0801F908: 00 2E
0801F90A: 41 D1

I'm not entirely sure how this is done. I found a hex editing guide here: showthread.php?t=237691 (can't post links even to threads on this forum itself... how annoying)

I'm not sure how to find those values above though to change them. Is 0801F6C2 an offset? When I Edit > Goto and type '0801F6C2' as an offset and press OK nothing happens. Darthatron in the class split thread was asked this same question but he just said "go read a guide." I read a guide and I'm still lost...

Last edited:

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Brilliant, thank you. I wasn't sure how to describe this for a search, I guess "class split" was what I was looking for :)

Appreciated.

----------

Hi, bear with me, I have one more question.

I applied DoesntKnowHowToPlay's patch to (hopefully) enable type splitting. But I want to apply Jambo51's Counter/Mirror Coat fix here:

0801F6C2: 86 7A
0801F908: 00 2E
0801F90A: 41 D1

I'm not entirely sure how this is done. I found a hex editing guide here: showthread.php?t=237691 (can't post links even to threads on this forum itself... how annoying)

I'm not sure how to find those values above though to change them. Is 0801F6C2 an offset? When I Edit > Goto and type '0801F6C2' as an offset and press OK nothing happens. Darthatron in the class split thread was asked this same question but he just said "go read a guide." I read a guide and I'm still lost...

Just ignore the 08 part of the offset. The 08 is just clarification that the offset is in the ROM, not the memory. So, 0801F6C2 is the same as 0x01F6C2.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2012
So when I "Goto" 01F6C2 it highlights 86. The next value is 78. I assume I change that to 7A and then repeat with the next 2 lines and I'm good to go? Thanks a lot!

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Hello everyone! I'm having a problem with Advance Map on Fire Red.
I'm trying, on route 1, to place seedot. I put the id 252 (because for a reason, the places in the scrollbar doesn't show), but ingame, he become a "??". I don't know why, and it gives 1 exp point. I do this for every Gen3 Pokémon, but it doesn't with Gen 1 and 2. Is there a solution? :[

Years
I'm trying, on route 1, to place seedot. I put the id 252 (because for a reason, the places in the scrollbar doesn't show), but ingame, he become a "??". I don't know why, and it gives 1 exp point. I do this for every Gen3 Pokémon, but it doesn't with Gen 1 and 2. Is there a solution? :[

There's a gap of 25 between Celebi and Treecko, so if you can't select a Pokémon with the dropdown, you need to add 25 to the Pokémon National Pokédex Number. Though it is weird why the dropdown box doesn't work.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

There are question marks in between Celebi and Treecko.
If you want to know Seedot's number, you can use YAPE.
2s85umg.jpg

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Oh, I didn't know this! Thank's!

I'm now wondering why there's blank space between Celebi and Treecko. :/

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2013
Does anybody have any info on how to change the song that is played for a certain trainer class? For instance: play the music of a gym leader(battle3 0128) when battling against the youngster trainer class.

KF

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2013
How can I import revamped G/S/C sprites in FR without having any palette problem?
Any idea? Anyone has a working G/S/C revamped sprites database?

Thank you very much.

I repost my questions, 'cause I'm revamping 251 sprites all by myself, and I can't see the end of it.

Thank you.

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2012
Hello, everybody i'm having a problem with Advance map and am wondering if anyone knows how to fix it. Basically i can load it up fine and edit things and all that. But when i save and close when i try to load it back up it gives me an error saying that it cannot create advancemap.ini even though its already there. i have to redl advance map everytime to get it working again.

Years
I repost my questions, 'cause I'm revamping 251 sprites all by myself, and I can't see the end of it.

Thank you.

There are tutorials in the Tutorials section on how to insert sprites properly.

Whenever I use the "fanfare" command, the game freezes. It used to work fine. The only things I've changed is add the Pokémon encryption specials etc. from JPAN's hack and inserted Mastermind_X's music hack. Now, logically, the music hack would be the culprit. However, I undid the changes of the hack, completely removing it, but fanfare still freezes up. It's definitely fanfare, as scripts with it freeze, but work fine once it's removed. If it wasn't obvious, I'm hacking FireRed.

KF

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2013
The only problem is I can't see the end of all this revamping, is there any database of revamped G/S/C sprites for FR/LG?

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
Yay lists!

1) Worldmaps 1, 2, 3, and 4 in Firered all use the exact same image on UNLZ.gba, but each map has a different tilemap. For info on changing these, I recommend this tutorial.

2) I believe you're referring to the Vs Screen before you battle the E4. This is possible, since I did it in my hack, but I don't know where the tutorial is. I recommend searching around the tutorial thread.

3) I've heard that there isn't a table or anything that controls what music plays where, so I don't know how to fix it. However, Jambo51 said he had a routine that could accomplish this. I'd PM him, and I also hope he'll post his routine here, because I really want it too @_@

4) I don't think anyone's completely figured out how to do move animations.

5) I've never tried it, but I'm guessing there might be a small problem, since the table that deals with the 60,000+ OW has a pointer to the original OW data, and not to the newly repointed OW data that I assume the 40+ Sprite patch would have. Just go in with a hex editor, and do some poking around to find your pointers and replace the old one with the new one.

6) I think pretty much all ROMs have trouble saving on VBA. I've played ShinyGold on both No$GBA and VBA, and it saved fine in one, and failed in the other. I've even played a normal Emerald rom, and it failed to save as well. The best option is to just take savestates of the game.

1) ...Can you give me their unlz num tilemap num?

2) If you find it tutorial give me the link.

3) Hope Jambo51 will post him routine. If have say with me.

4) ...Too bad. :(

5) I copied after 0x800000 bytes to my clean Fire Red Rom, when I use advance map to load my Fire Red Rom the Ow sprite cant load to the added Ow sprite,why? It has a pointer to load 0x800000 offset? Where is the pointer?

6) But statestates can't save at the after beat elite four and champion and restart game.

PS: Sorry for my bad english :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back