• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Fish Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Bag_Super_Rod_Sprite.png
The Fish Challenge
Bag_Super_Rod_Sprite.png

129.png

Hey guys, don't let the AFD prank fool you. It's Sydian! (Really, click my profile and you'll see I'm telling the truth!) I know I said there wasn't going to be an event this month, but you know, this prank has been so fun and gotten me in the spirit of spring! So I thought...why not? Let's do it! Let's have a challenge revolved around using fish!​

Rules
1. Only fish Pokemon are allowed. Evolving is fine, as long as they remain fish. Octillery, you are not a fish.
2. No hacking! There are fish available in each game!
3. HM slaves are allowed. They don't have to be fish...but they're lame if they're not.
4. If your game has multiple fishing rods, you must obtain them all.
5. If your game has Lure, Net, and/or Dive Balls, use only those as soon as you can get them.
6. Challenge ends after defeating Rival (RBY/FRLG), Red (GSC/HGSS), Steven (RSE), Cynthia (DPPt), Alder (BW), or Iris (BW2).
7. You have until le sept avril to finish. Why so early? Why en francais? Screw the rules, I have a random Pokemon avatar!

Fish Pokemon
Goldeen
Seaking
Magikarp
Chinchou
Lanturn
Qwilfish
Remoraid OCTILLERY YOU'RE NOT A FISH
Carvanha
Sharpedo
Barboach
Whiscash
Feebas
Relicanth
Finneon
Lumineon
Basculin
Alomomola
Stunfisk

Sign-Up Form
Username: Sydian
Game: Red

Challengers:
Spoiler:

Fishermen
Spoiler:

Let's get fishin' birds!

poisson%2Bavril.jpg

POISSON D'AVRIL!!!!!!!!

did i do it right

hi

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
You're gonna go through the game with Magikarp, Goldeen and Seaking? omg

Anyway;

Username: dragonomega
Game: Ruby

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, I'm a daredevil, aren't I? And according to PC, your name is Karrablast... :( What is this "dragonomega" you speak of?! jk. PC thinks it can trip me up.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
What a ridiculous challenge! I better sign up.

Username: [Supporter]NecrumWarrior[/Supporter]

As it happens, I needed a challenge for my Ruby Version, so I guess this will work! XD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Username: KagamiChan

Bring on the fishies!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
This is too hard on Ruby omg. I'm gonna swap to Crystal, Syd. :)

Last edited:
Years
Username: GolurkIsDabomb

Hopefully I can finish this! With only like three mons it should be pretty quick :P

And I just want to point out that in both of your posts Sid, you are a fish. (Stunfisk and Goldeen)

Edit: Does Mudkip count as a fish ;; I'M SCARED TO FACE WATSON WITH ONLY MAGIKARP.

Last edited:
Years
Okay, I'm definitely interested (who cares if it's a prank? It seems interesting), but:
Gyarados looks like a deep-sea fish, even if it is based on a legend about fish becoming dragons (there is a reason it's water/flying.)
Mantine and mantyke are manta-ray... which are fish.
Milotic makes me think eels and oarfish, which, again, are fish (dem gills)
Gorebyss and huntail, deep-sea fish again, so as long as you had a way to immediately trade them?
Luvdisc, which is based on the same family as alomamola, I think... but even if they aren't, they are also fish.
Horsea line are sea-horses/sea-dragons... again, fish
Tynamo line, despite their... ah... rather... water-lacking priorities, are eels (fiiiisshh)
(I just really like eels, okay)
Mudkip line, I suppose, is at least partially based on mudskippers, though they lean more to axolotls/amphibians.

User: Waters_Echo
Probably in Emerald

Last edited:

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
Two questions:

Lots of these pokemon can't be acquired until late game if i remember correctly, are we just supposed to use our starter until then if we can't hack?

Is it allowed to do a solo challenge with one pokemon from this list?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I started my Ruby run and it was all fun and games until I realised that despite having chosen Gen 3 because of ...well, more fishies from your list, I'm still stuck with only 1 (2 if you want a useless magikarp as well >.>) throughout like half the game .-. basically until after you get your 5th badge from Petalburg and get Surf so you can grab the good rod .-. so you can catch more fishies. Also, some of them like Chinchou or Relicanth should anyone want to use them (like me xD) can be obtained far late in the game .-. (Route 124). So, despite there being fishies in every game, obtaining them makes it seem more like a solo with your fish kind of thing then get the rest of your team towards end-game then train them till your eyes bleed .-.
I think I'll switch to 2nd Gen or I dunno .-. gotta check how fast you can get the fishies there as well xD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This is too hard on Ruby omg. I'm gonna swap to Crystal, Syd. :)

WHO ARE YOU ODDISH

Lots of these pokemon can't be acquired until late game if i remember correctly, are we just supposed to use our starter until then if we can't hack?

Is it allowed to do a solo challenge with one pokemon from this list?

STARTER YUP

SOLO YUP

Okay, I'm definitely interested (who cares if it's a prank? It seems interesting), but:
Gyarados looks like a deep-sea fish, even if it is based on a legend about fish becoming dragons (there is a reason it's water/flying.)
Mantine and mantyke are manta-ray... which are fish.
Milotic makes me think eels and oarfish, which, again, are fish (dem gills)
Gorebyss and huntail, deep-sea fish again, so as long as you had a way to immediately trade them?
Luvdisc, which is based on the same family as alomamola, I think... but even if they aren't, they are also fish.
Horsea line are sea-horses/sea-dragons... again, fish
Tynamo line, despite their... ah... rather... water-lacking priorities, are eels (fiiiisshh)
(I just really like eels, okay)
Mudkip line, I suppose, is at least partially based on mudskippers, though they lean more to axolotls/amphibians.

nope nope nope not fishy enough

logic is not allowed plz

Years
How much more fishlike can you get than actually being a fish... ?
Mudkip is even called "mud fish pokemon"...

In whatever case, started, named trainer "Icthio", because there wasn't enough space for "Icthiologist"
Picked mudkip, named him "Periophtha", after the tribe of goby that mudskippers comprise.
Did starting plot stuff, got some zigzagoons to do heavy stuff that fish cannot (Driver, Record and Runner)
Peri evolved and I've headed to Petalburg gym to trigger the Wally event.

Periophtha
Marshtomp, gentle, M, lv16
Water gun, bide, mud slap, mud shot

Driver, Record, Runner
Zigzagoon

~Waters_Echo

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Guys, this challenge was a prank...not meant to be taken seriously. ;( I really hope y'all are pulling my leg when you say you're doing it...or my fin. Whichever.

How much more fishlike can you get than actually being a fish... ?
Mudkip is even called "mud fish pokemon"...

Because poisson d'avril lol. I was picking the more generic fish Pokemon because putting a Mudkip on someone's back like...wouldn't work. ;(

Anyway, this was just a prank, so I'm gonna go ahead and lock this. If you seriously wanna play this challenge, go right on ahead but...lol. Looks like the pranker got pranked here since I didn't think people were really gonna do this. ~_~

I'm having an emblem made just for those of you who were good sports and signed up though, whether you really are doing this or not. Happy AFD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back