• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Loser of Unova.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
I honestly didn't have a 'loser' of the Unova region since it's supposed to be based in a far away place with completely different types of pokemon. But if I had to choose maybe solosis? I mean it looks kind of creepy being a molecule of floating fetus DNA or something...
Solosis fetus it far tolerable than Gen 1 mew sprite fetus

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
I don't care for the starters. The monkeys, Pidove, Woobat, Basculin, Foongus, and Ferroseed are all pokemon from this gen that I couldn't stand.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
Stunfisk. Even the jokes about it being the most majestic thing ever have gotten old. That said, I used one in Black 2 specifically because I think it's ugly and stupid, and it was decent in terms of usefulness.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
My god, what's wrong with you people! Cofagrigus was awesome, high defense and good special attack. Stoutland is awesome too. But Scrafty, Druddigon, Unfezeant, Haxorus, Emolga, Zebstrika, Durant, Eelektross, Hydreigon, Basculin, Siglyph and anythin Marshal uses are all the banes of my existence. Am I the only one who likes Vanillite and Swoobat!? Most of them I hate from their power or unwillingness to just die! I could really care less about the designs, I just hate those! But I do hate Scraggy, unless in x and y, it's cry hurts my ears. Zebstrika's annoyingness inspired me to catch a Blitzle in B/W. SIGLYPH IS MY WORST NIGHTMARE EVER. Such high speed and special attack, yet when I use it, it always goes last and gets killed in the first two minutes. Same with Basculin, except it's attack not special attack. Basculins everywhere, when you surf and fish. *SHUDDER* It's just like Emolga, paralyzing and spamming double team while you try to run and fail. *SHUDDER*

Last edited:

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
Never was a fan of Druddigon either. To me, it's always looked like the lead Pokemon designer's five-year old kid drew a picture, and that picture was made into a Pokemon to make the kid happy.

Years
I remember first seeing Seismitoad and just thinking, "but why". I found the aesthetics of the this generations Pokemon somewhat less appealing, but statwise there were quite a few good ones.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
My biggest "WTF are these Pokemon, are you for real GF?!" moment within Gen. 5 (considering Pokemon designs) was when I met these Pokemon:
- Not 1, not 2, ...no, 3! "elemental" monkey Pokemon... I really dislike the design of all of them, as well as evolutions, sorry :<
- The Vanillite line, seriously ICECREAM Pokemon?! So GF, what's next? Would we get a "Poo" Pokemon just like they did with Digimon, I sure hope not! (just sayin')
- Stunfisk, yeah... what to say about this one, I just think this Pokemon isn't that useful...
- Don't get me started about Basculin, I think these Pokemon are the "Magikarp-Zubat-Ratatta-Tentacool" of this Gen. They are just... SO annoying imo
- Probably almost the same with the Trubbish line, garbage bags..., but I don't dislike them as much as the above listed...

These Pokemon are unfortunately the ones I will NEVER use in one of my Pokemon teams, instead they will have a nice spot in one of my PC boxes...

Nakala Pri

Sigilyph was indeed a nightmare, and a hard one too. Since you have to battle one of them at a sort of early age (at the Ferris wheel, with N) you don't have many electric or dark moves, so you end up using every damn move in the book until you get a critical hit, but then he uses a Max Potion, so then you restart, go and level up to a hundred and then teach dat sexy man a lesson. xD

And seeing a Golerk flying through the sky (you couldn't actually see it, since it flies at Mach Speed) is kinda... dumb, Lmao.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
And seeing a Golerk flying through the sky (you couldn't actually see it, since it flies at Mach Speed) is kinda... dumb, Lmao.

The first time I saw Golurk fly (in one of the Pokemon movies), I was like "WTF? Golurk can fly?! When the hell did that happen?" Because I always thought Golurk was some sort of guard statue (sort of like a possessed suit of armor standing guard). So statue=/=something that uses jets/rockets to fly. But apparently Golurk is more akin to a robot and not a statue.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
I really hated Stunfisk, Patrat line, Woobat line and Roggenrola/Boldore (Gigalith's cool though).

(Sorry for bumping this, but I had to express this)

And also, there are Pokemon I like using but hate fighting against:

Lilligant (It's my favorite Pokemon (ever), but a lot of them are evil, not In-game (They are actually kind of easy to deal with in-game), but in Wi-Fi battles, mainly the ones used by a guy that also had Delibird, and one used by a guy with Magcargo, they swept my butt, it was painful)

Alomomola (It sucks in-game, good in Wi-Fi battles, but I hate fighting them for them same reason I hate fighting Umbreon)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Please pay attention to the rules of the Fifth Generation, as you will see it clearly state that reviving a thread that is over a month old is not allowed.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back