• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Tainted Waters: The Wrath of Suicune [OOC]

Flydro

doobz
Years
ayv8rt.jpg

Tainted Waters: The Wrath of Suicune

Rated: T

Moderated by: Flydro

Intro:

It has been almost five years since the fall of the notorious Team Rocket. After facing defeat, boss Giovanni disbanded the entire organization and quietly went underground. Though he hasn't been seen or heard from since, the legacy he left behind has still remained strong within the criminal pokemon world. A few feeble attempts had been made to bring Team Rocket back to power, though all have failed due to lack of leadership and organization. Once considered a big threat within the pokemon world, the name of Team Rocket has been reduced to nothing more than a bad joke. However, someone has been waiting for the right time to bring the group back to power, which may happen soon enough.

Recently, there have been reports of wild pokemon acting strangely in some areas of Johto. For some reason, wild pokemon are becoming increasingly aggressive towards people and have started to attack even when unprovoked. Researchers and scientists have linked the problem with an increase in unknown chemicals in the water. Wild pokemon who ingest these chemicals seem to become hyper aggressive and receive an increase in power and stamina, making them dangerous and harder to takedown. The severity of the problem is increasing, mostly due to the recent disappearance of the legendary pokemon Suicune, who served as guardian of the waters of Johto. The fact that the crystal bells in Ecruteak City no longer ring or make any sound is a sign that Suicune is in trouble. Eusine, a well-known legendary beast researcher and Suicune expert, leads the investigation and hunt for the missing pokemon. There have also been scattered incidents of crime being commited by an unknown group of people that are seemingly connected in some way, and there are rumors going around thatTeam Rocket is behind it all…

Plot:

Silver, the son of Giovanni, is the cause of all the trouble. He too had been training underground just like his father did, and is now following in his footsteps to carry out his own plan to bring Team Rocket back to full power. He spent years studying pokemon behavior and learning what makes them become stronger. Through extensive research and experimentation, he developed a liquid chemical called Rage Nectar (or RNx). When given to a pokemon, RNx causes them to enter a state of pure aggression called "raging". A pokemon that is raging first responds by having its eyes glow red or green, and then receives a sharp increase in power and stamina. While raging, a pokemon is considered to be mentally unstable and has difficulty suppressing its urge tofight, attacking anyone who is perceived as a threat. It is difficult to get a pokemon back to its normal state once it starts to rage, and will only stop once it receives enough damage, is immobilized for an extended period of time, or until it faints. As part of his plan to "enhance" Johto's wild pokemon and turn them into stronger versions of themselves, Silver has managed to forcefully capture Suicune and hold it against its will so that he may perform experiments on it to increase its strength. With Suicune out of the way, the Rage Nectar can effectively be introduced into the environment without having to worry about the water being purified of the chemicals. While underground, Silver has grown stronger than ever before and is now as ruthless as Giovanni once was. It has taken him years to realize his dream of bringing Team Rocket back to power after his own father had left him after suffering defeat, a grudge he still bears to this day. He has recruited a solid team of Team Rocket members and plans to take the team worldwide, something Giovanni had never been able to do. With his newly developed weapons in his arsenal Silver is finally ready to put his plans into place and unless someone stops him, the snickers and laughs that are heard at the mention of Team Rocket will soon turn into cries of panic as uncontrolled rage sweeps through the world of pokemon.

Time and Setting:

Current time setting with all regions and pokemon being available. The RP will mainly take place in the Johto region, but there will be some traveling to other locations as well.

Your Role:

You will be part of a team recruited by Eusine to help investigate the cause of the wild pokemon attacks while he travels in search of Suicune's whereabouts. As you go along, you may meet both allies who will help you as well as enemies who will stand in your way. The mission will be dangerous for both you and your pokemon, but the cause for protecting all pokemon everywhere is worth fighting for.

Rules:

1. All out of character discussion will go in this thread only. No OOC posting in the main RP thread

2. No god-modding or power playing

3. Post Length – all posts should be at least 3-4 paragraphs minimum. Give the roleplayers something to read and help keep the story going

4. Please use proper grammar, spelling, and usage (form) when posting. Not everyone is perfect but please try to maintain good form

5. Try to follow the storyline. Please read and make sure you know what's going on before you post

6. Try and be as active as possible. If you are busy or cannot find time to post for some reason, let everyone know or PM me if you need to make arrangements or else you will be dropped

7. This RP is rated T – there will be violence and maybe some mild cursing, but don't get too excessive

8. Follow all other PC Roleplaying rules otherwise not covered here

9. Have fun with it!

Spoiler:

My Sign Up:

Spoiler:

Main Characters (Accepted Roleplayers):

1. Randy Carter (Flydro)

2. Aria Bloome (juniebug910)

3. Judai Inuzuka (Detwak)

4. Derek Affe (Icy Burn)

5. Aaron Donaldson (TurkishDelight)

6. Ben Foster (-Sam)

7. Dalex Haven (Iceman3317)

8. Joseph Bartholomew (Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers)

9. Samantha Heights (InkFrog)

Last edited:

Detwak

Meh.
Years
Name: Judai Inuzuka

Hometown: Cianwood City

Bio: Judai was born and raised on the beach of Cianwood city. He received his first Pokemon, Poliwag, from the gym leader, Chuck. He then decided to leave his family behind and go on a journey through the Sinnoh region. He quickly defeated the gym leaders, but lost to the elite four. He returned to his home region in shame and decided to train before heading to another region.

As he was training in the dragons den located in Blackthorn city, he got caught in a whirlpool. Unable to call for the help of his Pokemon he thought this was how he would die, that is until a mysterious Pokemon came from the depths of the waters in the den and helped him to escape the whirlpool. He later woke up from his air loss induced sleep and realized he was saved by a pokemon, but what pokemon ...

He decided that he would Journey through Johto until he one day finds the mystical pokemon that saved him that day.

Appearance:
images
The person behind the Poliwrath

Personality: Most of the time Judai is smiling, running around or talking. All of this is because of the fact that he is hyper. He has a love for adventure and Pokemon battles. He will go all out to train his pokemon and will even give his own live if it is needed to save his Pokemon. He usually goes through what other people would see as unnecessary steps to train his pokemon, for example he would race Big Spiral in tough streams just to make Big Spiral stronger.

Pokemon: Poliwrath

Name: Big Spiral

Ability: Swift Swim

Move set: Dynamic Punch
Scald
Giga Impact
Earthquake

Bio: As Judais first pokemon they always had a Special connection. During his time in Sinnoh Big Spiral helped Judai win most of his battles. He evolved into a Poliwhirl during Judais battle with Roark and evolved into a Poliwrath during Judais travels through Johto.

Pokemon: Skorupi

Name: Big Pinch

Ability: Sniper

Moveset: Poison Fang
Bug Bite
Crunch
Thief

Bio: Big Pinch was the first wild Pokemon Judai encountered in Sinnoh and the first he caught. Big Pinch won countless battles but never evolved. Judai continued to train Big Pinch through his Johto travels but he still didn't evolve.

Pokemon: Kabutops

Name: Slicer

Ability: Battle Armor

Moveset: Ancient Power
Aqua Jet
X-Scissor
Ice Beam

Bio: Discovered as a fossil in Sinnoh by Judai in the Orreburgh mines, he was brought back to life as a Kabuto. At first he was confused as how the world had changed. Judai helped him get used to the world as it is now and he allowed Judai to capture him. During his training in Johto Kabuto evolved into a Kabutops while fighting against a wild Donphan.

Pokemon: Rattata

Name: Chews

Ability: Guts

Moveset: Grass Knot
Hyper Fang
ThunderBolt
Dig

Bio: Judai encountered Chews eating the food in his bag one morning in Johto. Seeing as the Rattata was hungry Judai fed him some more. The Rattata was thrilled and begged to join his team. Judai accepted him and he was caught. As his newest Pokemon he is also the least experienced.

(I only gave him four Pokemon)

RP Sample: From my Shadows of Deminyx Role Play on another Forum:

I was on the Mountain of Might a few miles away from the city hunting when I heard footsteps . These footsteps weren't from the deer I was hunting it was from... Goblins. I rose my bow but I didn't expect them to come from the sky. The one struck a knife with Goblin poison in my foot. I felt the poisons effect flow threw my body. I fell to my knees but at least before I passed out I shot an arrow threw the head of a goblin in front of me causing him to die on impact.I awoke a few hours later in a cabin tied to a table. I saw across the room another human. I tried to call to him but my mouth was tied shut with what I hoped was rope ...

Last edited:

juniebug910

Dragon of Light
Years
Name: Aria Bloome

Hometown: Pacifidlog Town, Hoenn

Bio: Aria has lived in Pacifidlog her whole life. She was told legends about Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza a lot, but she perfered other region's legends than for her own region's. Her favorite was of the Tin Tower, the legendary beasts (NOT DOGS!!!), the twin birds, everything. She drew pictures of the Johto legendary pokemon often, and put them up in her room.

Living in an ocean town, Aria was expected to get a water type for her starter. When Aria saw a sad Eevee, however, she fell in love with it and chose it. A few people were mad, but most people in the town respected her choice. Eventually, Aria went on her journey, and met her other pokemon, evolving two of them. When Team Rocket appeared, Aria hid in a cave for a while to protect her pokemon. Whenever she was out of supplies and went to sleep, something was giving her more. Once, she saw a quad-legged pokemon's shadow in the depths of the cave. Now that Aria is outside mostly again after Team Rocket was beaten, she wants to see what that pokemon was and befriend it.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Aria is a swimmer girl who is active and very sweet. Um...but, if you make her angry...never mind. Anyway, she also loves artwork, and carries around paintings of the legendary beasts (BEASTS, NOT DOGS), the Tin Tower, and the legendary birds. She is currently in Johto, her favorite region (for obvious reasons). She has a rich but generous friend named Marion, who was sickly for a while but is better now. They keep in touch, and Aria keeps Marion up-to-date with anything interesting that happens.
Pokemon: Vaporeon

Name: Mizu

Ability: Water Absorb

Moveset: Water Pulse, Aurora Beam, Quick Attack, Ice Beam

Bio: Aria met Mizu as an Eevee as her first pokemon. The Vaporeon is very calm, and has a large bond with Aria.

Pokemon: Gyarados

Name: Sky-wave

Ability: Intimidate

Moveset: Bite, Dragon Rage, Ice Fang, Rain Dance

Bio: Aria caught Sky-wave when she was a Magikarp while fishing, and had faith when it tried to swim up a large waterfall, making it evolve. (reference to the legend of the carp in Japanese mythology) Sky-wave is, surprisingly, very loyal, and is protective of Aria. It's also very confidant.

Pokemon: Kirlia

Name: Tekina

Ability: Synchronize

Moveset: Confusion, Magical Leaf, Calm Mind, Teleport

Bio: Aria saved Tekina (who WAS a Kirlia when she met her) when she found the pokemon being attacked by some rouge pokemon. Tekina is calm and serious, but kind as heck. The Kirlia also loves to dance.

Pokemon: Dratini

Name: Draco

Ability: Shed Skin

Moveset: Twister, Wrap, Dragon Rage, ExtremeSpeed

Bio: Aria met Draco, who was on a journey to prove himself, on her travels. He is a battle-lover, and like a Scraggy, will be provoked whenever a NEW pokemon looks at him and he sees them.

Last edited:

Flydro

doobz
Years
Nice sign ups here :]

@Detwak yours is pending. Just go back and add more to the personality section of your character. Also need you to proofread a bit and fix some spelling and capital errors, and make sure to clean it up a bit and see that the font is matching throughout the whole signup. I do like your character though

@juniebug910 you are accepted, just add a little more to the pokemon bio sections and you'll be good to go. Nice to have a Hoenn character.

EDIT:

Detwak is now accepted!

Last edited:

Icy Burn

Beginner Breeder | Kyurem W <3
Years
Ta da! :3

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Flydro

doobz
Years
@Icy Burn you are accepted! I like the concept of your character being lazy, should be interesting to see how he grows and develops as a trainer. Your sample was great too and much appreciated.

Okay you guys this is coming along nicely! We now have 4 out of 6 people so I'm thinking of starting the RP sometime soon, just gonna get to work on a good first post to start it off. If there are any spots open by the time the main RP thread is posted, then I'll still accept late sign ups.

Looking forward to this, it will be epic :D

Icy Burn

Beginner Breeder | Kyurem W <3
Years
Yes! Thanks, this looks great! :3 I'm looking forward for when the IC is released so I can post away! c:

Flydro

doobz
Years
Well for now none of our characters personally know Eusine yet, but all the characters will meet him within the first couple posts. Once we all meet him then everything will go from there. Eusine is an important character but his appearances within the RP will be limited so he won't take away from our own characters. I'll post sign ups for important supporting characters as we go through the story, just holding off on that for right now because I don't wanna give out too many spoilers

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
I'd like to reserve a spot please, I'll try have my SU up on Sunday because I'll be unavailable tomorrow.

juniebug910

Dragon of Light
Years
Aria is gonna be a violin player. She likes to perform in public, so characters might hear her. She mostly plays a song in the tune to a song widely known to be a tribute to the legendary beasts.

Flydro

doobz
Years
Aria is gonna be a violin player. She likes to perform in public, so characters might hear her. She mostly plays a song in the tune to a song widely known to be a tribute to the legendary beasts.

Liking that idea junie, it actually works well with some scenes that I will be setting up in the roleplay. The song itself can't be too well known though (at least not in Johto), as your character is Hoenn native. But I really like that concept and want you to keep it.

I also have started working on the first post of the IC thread you guys. It will be a minute before I post it because it might be a bit long, and even then we still have to wait for a mod to approve it. But I won't disappoint! :D

Flydro

doobz
Years
Hm okay then that works. At first I thought Aria was the sole creator of the tribute song, but now I see you're saying she learned the song while in Johto so that's fine. Nice to have a non-native character so in tune (seriously, no pun intended -_- lol) with the Johto legends.

Back