• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What is your least favorite part of ORAS?

CnifeKat

*ᓰﬡ☂ᙓᖇﬡᗩᒪ ᔕᙅᖇᙓᗩᙢᓮﬡG *
Years
I wanna hear your opinions! :)

To me, because it was my first game, it was pretty good.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years
The only dislike I really focused on was the lack of Battle Frontier. When I first caught wind of the remakes I guess I just expected to them to add it for even more content and it seemed like a big deal back then. Sadly, it just gets hinted at and there's a copy of the Battle Chateau from X/Y. Oh well. The island is great for egg hatching at least.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Dec 31, 2017
I wish more trainers were available to battle after the 1st time you battle with them. Hitting up the same ones over and over again is starting to wear me down. Going to the Elite 4 just for the experience over and over is a little tiring too. Is this why they call it grinding....? :)

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Is this why they call it grinding....? :)

Yes. lol :)

As for me, honestly, the Delta Episode. It was good, just too short to enjoy it, and all the annoying story-telling while climbing Sky Pillar.

Also no Battle Frontier, I don't want Battle Maison or Battle Tree with regular battles.
I want slot things that force you to start a battle with certain status effects (Arcade in Gen IV) or having to pick a path that can possibly heal, status, battle you (Pike in Gen III).

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
That Battle Frontier tease. I'm sure it ticked a lot of people off, and it ticked me off, too. It was like...dangling it in front of our faces, and then taking it away when we look elsewhere for a split second.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Dec 31, 2017
Yes. lol :)

As for me, honestly, the Delta Episode. It was good, just too short to enjoy it, and all the annoying story-telling while climbing Sky Pillar.

Also no Battle Frontier, I don't want Battle Maison or Battle Tree with regular battles.
I want slot things that force you to start a battle with certain status effects (Arcade in Gen IV) or having to pick a path that can possibly heal, status, battle you (Pike in Gen III).

I just found the food court in Mauville City. I am kicking myself I didn't know about it earlier! good XP to be had there. I wish with the battle mansion that we received XP and/or BP. Maybe an option for which one you want would be nice.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
The only dislike I really focused on was the lack of Battle Frontier. When I first caught wind of the remakes I guess I just expected to them to add it for even more content and it seemed like a big deal back then. Sadly, it just gets hinted at and there's a copy of the Battle Chateau from X/Y. Oh well. The island is great for egg hatching at least.

I was about to say the same thing myself about the Frontier. I was hoping they would really improve it, I actually expected it to be there, but it makes sense since it was not an actual Emerald remake.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jul 30, 2017
I think the Battle Frontier was just a meh for me. I thought it was more original and not an ripoff from X and Y... I was disappointed when i saw it myself...

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Hmm, I can't find myself having a good permanent team of 6.

It was so easy to get in-game team for most of my games-- But I just can't pick anything in my AS because I don't really like to use most of them/ the ones I like have similar typing etc... For example-- Swampert + Milotic + Sharpedo... Really?

The lack of good fire Pokemon that are native to Hoenn is an issue since I am not too kean in Torkoal and Camerupt and Blaziken.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
ORAS, as well of a job as GF did remaking RS, just made it even more obvious to me that gen 3 is showing its age.

Years
The Battle Frontier tease and the fact that the games were quite easy. I mean, those are quite small things so it shows just how much I enjoyed ORAS :)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 1, 2023
Too me, The ORAS remake while good is not great simply because there are more elements of Ruby and Sapphire than Emerald, which I and many people where hoping for.

My Gripes:
No Battle Frontier- I don't like it, but it's good for passing time. The teasing of the Battle Tower hurts a lot though and I can see why people are upset. Gamefreak could've at least added that instead of the cheap-as-hell Battle Maison.

Pretty Easy- Not the game's initial fault as they still use the God awful EXP-share from X an Y, but it still makes the game terribly easy minus that Steven battle at the end.

Delta Episode- Good, but way too short. I needed more. Especially with that cool twist at the end.

and that''s it for me really. As much as I love Hoenn, it really doesn't shine the best here.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
R.I.P. Battle Frontier. Unfortunately Game Freak thought people wouldn't be interested in it.

Other than that, I'm quite content with ORAS.

Sean Flame

*#@()@(!#¥{
Years
There were many, but some things definitely ticked me off in ORAS, the first one being our one and only beloved battle tower from Emerald.Battle Maison just didn't cut it for that game.
The second one was the lack of hard mode from B2W2. I mean, the game is wayyyyyyy too easy with the exp. share and all the legendaries one could handle.
The hard mode would have no exp. share, the latis would be roaming legendaries, and all the battles; both trainer and boss, would receive a little boost.
And the last and definitely the least was the lack of character customizations from XY.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Online now
Personally, the biggest problems I have with ORAS are the redesigns of May and Tabitha, the lack of trainer customization, and the lack of the Battle Frontier.

Years
Because I played Sun before I got to Omega Ruby, I noticed that the story in Sun was a lot more prevalent and interesting than in Omega Ruby. For the most part the than the Team Magma stuff there hasn't really been and long-term story yet (I have't gotten to the Delta Episode yet). The story from Sun just seemed so encapsulating and lasted the entire length of the game, and it was followed up by the smaller Ultra Beast story in the end.

MangaKamen

Manga, Skull, Trash and much more to this Kamen
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 22, 2018
Exp Share.

It's great for training and such, but it makes the story mode a bit too easy.

Back