• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Detective Pikachu] Who would be your partner?

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
If I could have any pokemon I'd really want a Shaymin. But since it's a mythical people say that's not a viable option so instead I'd probably go with Zoroark or Mimikyu.

Years
Hoopa unbound or ultra necrozma
, if your out on the streets fighting crime you want the toughest pokemon to have your back, hoppa can summon legendary pokemon and control them, can't get better than that or ultra necrozma as he was probably the hardest pokemon I have ever faced

But if we can't use legendary pokemon then I'd go with Gallade as it can read thoughts so we would be one step ahead all the time

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
I can imagine the ability to fly is a valuable transportation tool in the bustling Ryme City. Most flying Pokemon strong/big enough to carry a person though are birds of prey, so it's safe to say that they're pretty territorial and otherwise aggressive if left to their own devices. For that reason, my choice would be Togekiss; an elegant Pokemon that is very functional in a city and is calm enough to be trusted outside of its Poke Ball.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
I'm not responsible enough to take care of a Pokemon, but if we put that aside then I'd want a Togetic. Its happiness-sharing power would be invaluable to me, and I can honestly relate on a deep level to the fact that it "grows dispirited when not in the presence of kind people". (According to the Pokedex.)

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Vulpix. Always a Vulpix.

We can travel the lands together, meeting new people and Pokemon as we go and when it gets late, we can return to our home in the city.

Years
I want to say Mareep, but that might not be as convenient lol. Emolga would be perfect for me since it's cute and electricity can come in handy, and it can glide!! I imagine it'd have less trouble getting around a bustling city than Mareep.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Okay so I'm going to purposefully NOT choose Sylveon even though that's the obvious answer.

I'm going to go with Sneasel. I think having a Pokemon that's small and sneaky (and not afraid to bend the law a little bit) would definitely come in handy! I'd definitely have to breed for one without Pickpocket though, since that would get awkward if I decided to be a detective, lol. Another good teammate would be Drilbur, I think! It could easily work it's way through any kind of underground tunnels and whatnot. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 28, 2021
Right now, I'd pick Typhlosion. Strong enough but not too intimidating or too big so I'd have to spend tons of cash on food. Huggable yet fierce, agile and can attack from both long and close distance.

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
Years
  • Age 24
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 6, 2023
Hmm I'd say a Zangoose. Small-ish and fast, would be the perfect Pokémon to pair with me really.

Years
I'd have to think that an Alakazam would be a great sidekick. Or rather, with it being as smart as it is, I'd probably play the sidekick, haha.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
My good friend Treecko of course. Small and fast but also calm and fearless enough to take on some of the toughest case. It would be fast enough to chase anyone down but can also climb up walls and do aerial attacks from high up.

Years
metagross would be an awesome partner. but it'd be kinda scary to have outside, too big and intimidating o.o but I guess you need something that can protect you

CocoaAlpaca

south park elementary's gym leader
Years
I'd have either a Squirtle, Charmander, Growlithe, or Buizel. I'd like the first 3 because it gives me DP vibes, cute but pretty tough, and i just really like Buizel lol

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Part of me says a Nidoran (surprise) but honestly, what would work better would be a Noctowl. We can spend a lot of time together observing people and in general we can complement each other with the crepuscular and night time activity period. Plus my work is literally observing people and correcting them when they do something wrong and an owl helps a lot with that imagery.

Fairy said:
I'm going to go with Sneasel. I think having a Pokemon that's small and sneaky (and not afraid to bend the law a little bit) would definitely come in handy! I'd definitely have to breed for one without Pickpocket though, since that would get awkward if I decided to be a detective, lol.
First, d'awww @ Sneasel idea. They are... sneasely. Model for the movie was IMO very well done. And good point about Pickpocket, hadn't thought of that!

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
Years
I'd love to have a little Eevee as a partner. I probably wouldn't use it for battles, but it'd be pleasant to have one just to hang out with. Either way it'd also be something cute to hug when things feel rough.
Although I like Eevee as it is, I could also consider using a fire stone eventually since Flareon is cute too, looks quite a lot like Eevee and could provide extra warmth. It looks pretty in the film too, even though the appearance is brief!

Some other options would be Garchomp, Dunsparce or Luxray since those are some of my favorites. There are really many sweet options though so choosing just one would be difficult.

Back