• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Hunters Club card requests V.3

Years
It's been a good 9 months, but this shop is now closed. Requests are now taken here.

This thread is for members of the Shiny Hunter's Club to request small, animated cards for their signatures.

This thread is exactly the same as the last one, which was slain so mercilessly by the 30 day rule. Unfortunately, it's likely that this iteration will meet the same untimely demise, should the club go more than 30 days without any new members, which happens quite regularly.

A brief recap of the history of these cards:
  1. April 20th, 2005: Lady Demoonica Darkmoon created some rather pretty, trainer-card-sized Shiny Cards for members to use, since the club was looking for something uniform to go in member signatures.
  2. April 26th, 2005: Some people (including me, the devil's advocate) found these cards a little too big and would mess up some stuff we already had in our signatures. rsgh5, cofounder, decided to make some smaller, animated cards to use in their place.
  3. June 5, 2005: rsgh5 (now Ryan) had a catastrophic system failure and lost the template and everything he was using to make these cards, so they were halted for a while. Then, I created my own version of the cards, and he liked them and put me in charge. I started taking requests by PM.
  4. June 10, 2005: I started a thread (version 2) for members to obtain these updated cards, and ryan officially handed the job to me to continue making them.
  5. August 14, 2005: For a brief period, ryan used his template (which he apparently reacquired) to create generic trainer cards available to everyone. That seems to have not lasted long.
  6. January 16, 2006: *Cue Simple Plan's "Untitled".* After seven months of successful operation (though at times slow when the club was slow), Signomi the Mod closed my precious SHC request thread. How could this happen to me?? T_T

In order for me to make you a card, you must be a member of the Shiny Hunter's Club!
Be sure to include:
  • A list of Advanced generation (Ruby/Sapphire/Colosseum/Fire Red/Leaf Green/Emerald/XD/anything compatible with them in the future) shinies you own in the order you caught them.
  • A trainer sprite for the card, or name a standard ingame sprite to use. (If providing a custom sprite, it must be in PNG (preferred) or GIF format. JPEG uses non-indexed, lossy compression, and so destroys the natural distinction between a sprite and its background.)
  • What colours you want the card to use. (If you know exactly what you want but can't explain it accurately enough, post a 'reference card', and I'll match it as closely as possible without going outside the style rules.)
  • Your name, as you'd like it to appear on the card. This should be kept to 42 pixels, which is usually 6 characters, but may be more if it contains lots of ls and Is.

The following kinds of shinies qualify to be in an SHC card:
  • Shinies found in the wild, as gifts, or otherwise obtained in Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green, or Emerald versions.
  • Shinies Snagged in Colosseum or XD.
  • Shinies obtained from other compatible Pokémon titles, such as eggs from Box or Colosseum Bonus Discs.
  • Shinies received in trades, provided that you can verify that their original owner didn't cheat to obtain them, or that they wouldn't have qualified for any of the other reasons mentioned in the next section. Within reason, of course. If you don't own Colosseum or XD, you can't be as certain, but that's okay. If you discover later on that one of your shinies was cheated for, just tell me and I'll remove it. No harm done.
  • Shinies obtained from special Nintendo events, including Snag 'em Machine "fateful encounters" and so-called "Berry Update" shiny Zigzagoons.
  • Shinies obtained from future products (such as Diamond and Pearl) which are compatible with the existing set of Pokémon Advanced titles.

The following kinds of shinies DO NOT qualify to be in an SHC card:
  • Shinies you no longer own, whether they were given away or deleted.
  • Shinies found in Gold, Silver, Crystal, or Stadium GS, or shinies traded in from Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, or Stadium 1.
  • Shinies found with the help of game-altering devices such as Action Replay or Gameshark, or shinies found by altering the saved game data and uploaded via flash linkers or XBOO/multiboot programs.
  • Shinies whose acquisition was accelerated by any of the means mentioned in the previous point. These include (but are not limited to) fast hatching codes, codes to teleport you to the special islands inhabited by Deoxys, Mew, etc. or obtain their tickets, codes to make wild Pokémon appear in places where they don't normally (eg. making Chimecho the only thing you see on Route 101) or in quantities greater than normal (eg. making it so that you see nothing but Absol on Route 120).
  • Shinies whose acquisitions were due to flaws in the program or damaged carts. Glitches to copy IVs were discovered for the earlier games, so it's not unfair to expect that similar glitches might be discovered for the Advanced games. This point includes glitches causing you to see Pokémon not normally encountered, such as the plausible Celebi Glitch.

Members without shinies can also request cards. Tell me one shiny, along with the usual styles for the card (colours, sprite, name), and I'll give you a card without any stars, but with that shiny shown as greyed out. I had this idea going in V.2, but only used it once, and that was with an incomplete request.

The card you place in your signature should link back to the Shiny Hunter's Club. There are no placement rules or anything like that. However, don't abuse the cards! A single card in your sig is all you need. It's only out of common courtesy that I leave older versions of the cards online. (This is in case you change your mind about a cosmetic alteration.) Once I've seen that you're using the updated card, deleting the old one is fair game. It's not necessary to credit me for the card so long as you link to the SHC with the card. I'll allow you to not link to the SHC (if you're following a link limit or somethng), but then you must credit me for the card. :)

If using a custom sprite on your card, you must have permission from the original artist. I operate under the assumption that the use of all custom sprites provided is authorized, but if I discover otherwise, the card will be deleted, and, should you be using a copy at an alternate location, the appropriate hosting services and forum administrators will be informed.

You can also go ahead and make a re-request if any of the info changes, like if you catch a new shiny. If you're raising and intending to evolve a shiny you own, just tell me what you plan to evolve it to instead, and I'll put that in the card.

Examples (some are out-of-date; these are only meant to demonstrate the style):
shcBGFan.gif
shcRay.gif
shcMetis.gif
shcYami_4.gif
shcRuna.gif
shcTakashi_2.gif
shcMetalMario_3.gif
shcPokeMunna_2.gif
shcRsgh5.gif

For a list of all available cards, click Here.

Last edited:

shinycollector

I'm back!
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2012
hey metalmario can i have one pls!!!!! My trainer sprite the one on my sig!!!
shinies:latios rayquaza ratata roselia gengar blissey delibird and kecleon!!!

Years
shinycollector said:
hey metalmario can i have one pls!!!!! My trainer sprite the one on my sig!!!
shinies:latios rayquaza ratata roselia gengar blissey delibird and kecleon!!!
Since this is the first request, I'll go easy on you: what colours, and how should your name appear? ;)

Sky_Ace

A life dedicated to animals.
Years
So I guess that pm meant I'm now a shiny club member :).Well please pm the card to me.And the pokemon I want on it is shiny rayquaza.(So happy!!!)If you need more information just tell me.(This is my first time ;).)

pokexproduction

Lil' Miss Azn
Years
Sprite:the one in sig
Colors:Blue(like on the sprite)and black
Name: Danielle
EDIT: Pkm: (sadly I have no shinies yet)Flygon

Last edited:
Years
Just to re-affirm: a card request should include a description of the colours it should use, and the name, as it should appear on the card. If you have no shinies, specify one Pok?mon you'd like on the card.

Sky_Ace

Years
Well I want the colour to be dark blue, the trainer name to be Brandon, and Rayquaza to be on the card please.Shiny if you can :).(Please pm it to me.)

shinycollector

I'm back!
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2012
i want the trainer sprite on my card! shiny pokemons(as i mentioned above)colors white and blue named SC!!!

Sky_Ace

Years
Just in case you need the info together I want, colour dark blue, trainer dragon master, name Brandon, and if possible shiny Rayquaza :).(Just in case.)

shinycollector

I'm back!
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2012
so metalmario told me you can only have this card if you reached the 30 post parole and be a full member of shc!!!!

Sky_Ace

Years
Oh........*sadness*(Happy feeling gone :(.) I just got the pm saying I could still join.......Sorry I didn't know I have to do that!So sorry :(.

shinycollector

I'm back!
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2012
no dont be so sad just tell metalmario to give you one!!!yes you can join your in the club right now!!!! he just tell me to do that first so dont question me!! but just tell him to make you one and you will be fine!!!!!

Last edited:
Back