• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Resource requests

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
You can find them Here

Yeah, as someone who is using these sprites, I can tell you that they have required a lot of tedious work to get functioning. Luka had to come up with a round about way for me to actually use them enough to function as best as possible and even then there are still some flickering issues that need to be sorted out.

Essentials is just poorly equipped to actually use them and without the help of the individuals who have helped me, I cannot imagine anyone being able to actually use them.

That being said...

I don't want 3D animated ones, I want then in the same style as the essentials kit. But thank you for trying to help. :)

Smogon has been putting together a pack through Google Docs, which was posted in that thread by someone who is not part of the project. The project has a lot of the sprites you are looking for (at least last time I actually looked at it). However you might want to actually head over to the Official Smogon Thread and take a peek at what is going on there and if you can get permission to use them. I believe the thread here on PC was posted without consent, which means the sprites may not actually be for public use.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I don't want 3D animated ones, I want then in the same style as the essentials kit. But thank you for trying to help. :)

I figured it wouldn't be helpful, but you should be more specific when you request a resource, It's annoying having to guess at what you want when you know what you want.

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
I've been looking for quite a while, and have had no luck - does anybody have an overworld sprite template for FR/LG style sprites? All I've been able to find is DPP onwards.

Do you mean body with nothing on them sprites?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Nope, that just has the trainers. What I'm looking for was a large pack of sprites that had just about everything from Gen III (or just FRLG, I can't remember exactly). That does help though, so thanks!

Are you looking for templates? (Like naked sprites) or are you looking for just a pack that has all the sprites?

Stock Essentials should have pretty much all the Gen III sprites in it.

There is also Spriters Resource which has them.

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2014
Are you looking for templates? (Like naked sprites) or are you looking for just a pack that has all the sprites?

Stock Essentials should have pretty much all the Gen III sprites in it.

There is also Spriters Resource which has them.

A pack with just about everything — Pokémon, trainers (overworld and battle), backgrounds, battle backgrounds/sprites, backpack sprites, and some other things. It had a Professor Oak sprite and I don't remember there being a Professor Birch sprite, so I'm thinking that it's just a FRLG pack.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
A pack with just about everything — Pokémon, trainers (overworld and battle), backgrounds, battle backgrounds/sprites, backpack sprites, and some other things. It had a Professor Oak sprite and I don't remember there being a Professor Birch sprite, so I'm thinking that it's just a FRLG pack.

I am confused as to what you are asking for...

What you seem to be asking for is either in Essentials already, or it is on the Spriters Resource. If you are looking for something that does not have the RSE graphics, just omit using them... I fail to see what the actual issue is and why you cannot just use the stock Essentials stuff...

What are you looking for that is NOT in stock Essentials?

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2014
What is stock Essentials? I haven't been here in a long time and I use Flash.
I'm saying that I think the pack was just about FRLG, not saying that I don't want to use RSE sprites. It's basically what is on TSR but with more and easier to use.
Sorry, I can't really explain it. It was a zip folder, I can remember that.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
What is stock Essentials? I haven't been here in a long time and I use Flash.
I'm saying that I think the pack was just about FRLG, not saying that I don't want to use RSE sprites. It's basically what is on TSR but with more and easier to use.
Sorry, I can't really explain it. It was a zip folder, I can remember that.

Other than the Pokemon Essentials kit for RMXP, and The Spriters Resource, I do not know what else to tell you. What you are looking for seems incredibly vague/specific and I really don't feel like investing that much time into looking for it when there are options like the Spriters Resource and Pokemon Essentials available to you for these resources you seem to be looking for.

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
Other than the Pokemon Essentials kit for RMXP, and The Spriters Resource, I do not know what else to tell you. What you are looking for seems incredibly vague/specific and I really don't feel like investing that much time into looking for it when there are options like the Spriters Resource and Pokemon Essentials available to you for these resources you seem to be looking for.

Worldslayer, do even care to invest your time to anyone at all???

He might be using a totally different program entirely, not essentials or RPGXP

I'll help you out Janj... what are you looking for exactly? I mean by... you said it was a ZIP. Do you remember search terms? Name? Date? Anything that can help me find it?

Come to think of it, I stumbled upon this same artifact on DA as well... :S

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years

I'll help you out Janj... what are you looking for exactly? I mean by... you said it was a ZIP. Do you remember search terms? Name? Date? Anything that can help me find it?

He's saying that other than what's already there, there isn't much to go on, as there exist several resources he can find what he needs. If he had more specific requests as to what sort of things he wanted, e.g., the nurse from emerald, the elite four from emerald, team magma OW and trainers, etc then we could help him out. But asking for a vague as all hell zip folder inst helping us, so there's no sense in wasting our time making things when we don't know what he wants.

It's also funny you ask if he will invest any time for anyone, when we both are working on regional resource packs.

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2014

I'm really sorry, but I don't remember much. :/ I'm not even sure that I got it from PokéCommunity in the first place. If I did, it must have been from the last time I was on here, which was mid-2011. Maybe it came with AdvanceMap?
It had all Gen III sprites, I don't recall seeing anything in the game missing.
I got just about all the sprites from there when I made this Flash movie. Oak, Jigglypuff, the background and battle scene, etc. Not sure if that's any help.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years

What on earth are you talking about? Just because I don't think there is a need to post resources that are ALREADY available means I am not willing to help anyone? Have you not been seeing me post plenty of stuff in this thread for people?

Stop being absurd. Just because your requests are too far out there for anyone to want to help you with, and because I am not going to post nonspecific resources that are already widely available (which I already linked to twice) hardly means I am not willing to help people.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I'm really sorry, but I don't remember much. :/ I'm not even sure that I got it from PokéCommunity in the first place. If I did, it must have been from the last time I was on here, which was mid-2011. Maybe it came with AdvanceMap?
It had all Gen III sprites, I don't recall seeing anything in the game missing.
I got just about all the sprites from there when I made this Flash movie. Oak, Jigglypuff, the background and battle scene, etc. Not sure if that's any help.

I don't know for sure, since you yourself aren't even sure, but it sounds as though you're asking for a resource that is from the Rom-Hacking section.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Megaupload isn't here anymore so I can't download the former, I downloaded PHGC but that's not it.
I'll search through the ROM Hacking section later. Have a lot of homework so I'll get to it after.
Thanks
I attached the 4th Gen Matt's Pokemon Resource Pack charsets at last post, take a look.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
I am looking for Rock Peak Ruins tiles, but having no such luck. Has anyone found/seen any?

EDIT

I am actually looking for some pseudo 3D cave tiles in general as well, from Platinum.

Last edited:
Back