• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Favourite Gen 7 Pokemon

Years
Man.. it's a tough choice. My top few:

762.png
026-a.png
037-a.png
786.png
777.png

Next place favorites:
730.png
743.png
744.png
759.png
778.png
782.png
801.png
802.png
105-a.png
027-a.png

I do love me some Alolan forms, but I also very much love the girly gen VII mons we got, like Tsareena and Tapu Lele ^^

Years
Man.. it's a tough choice. My top few:

762.png
026-a.png
037-a.png
786.png
777.png

Next place favorites:
730.png
743.png
744.png
759.png
778.png
782.png
801.png
802.png
105-a.png
027-a.png

I do love me some Alolan forms, but I also very much love the girly gen VII mons we got, like Tsareena and Tapu Lele ^^

You have a very good list there. 7th Gen gave us a lot of strong Fairy-types with Primarina, Magearna, Ribombee, Mimikyu and the Tapu family.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 29, 2019
I'd have to go with Mimikyu. It's a rather spooky Pokemon that just wants to be loved, which I do with joy.

Alissal

Where am I?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 28, 2017
Ribombee quickly became my favorite 7th gen pokemon, If only it had just a bit better stats and I could have tried using it in competitive as well!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 12, 2018
God Tier
Spoiler:

S Tier
Spoiler:

A+ Tier
Spoiler:

A Tier
Spoiler:

B + Tier
Spoiler:

B Tier
Spoiler:

B - Tier
Spoiler:

C Tier
Spoiler:

D+ Tier
Spoiler:

D Tier
Spoiler:

F Tier
Spoiler:

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Favorites: Decidueye, Incineroar, Drampa, Turtonator, Kommo-o line, guzzlord, necrozma, Solgaleo, Alolan Exeggutor, Zygarde (all forms).

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 21, 2017
I'm good hit you with top 11 of my favorites. (11 because I like to be 1 step ahead)

11. Pyukumuku
10. Necrozama
9. Celesteela
8. Marshadow
7. Guzzlord
6. Mimikyu
5. Lunala/Solgaleo
4. Palossand
3. Vikavolt
2. Wishiwashi
1. Incenaroar

Retro Grunt

IT'S YA BOI RETRO
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 22, 2017
Wimpod and Golisopod are my faves by far for this gen. They're so cute. +w+

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
If Alolan forms count, snowy Vulpix's line takes the cake, hands down.

If not, I really like Midday Lycanroc, Torracat, Rowlet's line, and Primarina. Those aren't the only one I like, but they are my favourites. ^^

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 23, 2022
Mine are Alolan Sandshrew, Mimikyu, Litten, Incineroar, Alolan Raichu, and Pyukumuku

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 16, 2018
Gotta cast a vote for my main man, Mudbray. The doofus faces he makes in Refresh are too pure.

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
Years
Rowlet Line always be My most Favorite Gen 7 Pokemon.I like Popplio Line, Mimikyu, and Lurantis too.

For Alolan Form my favorite is Alolan Marowak

Alexherobrine45

MOFPC - Master Of Fake Pokémon Creation
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 26, 2018
Arceus, do I vote for Luranis or Lunala?!

ARCEUS: VOTE FOR LURANTIS. LUNALA IS A LEGENDARY POKÉMON.

Me: I didn't call you, Arceus, but whatever. I vote for Lurantis.

ARCEUS: IT'S MUCH BETTER WHEN YOUR RELIGION'S GOD DOESN'T EXIST, ISN'T IT.

Me: Why should I debate on that. Anyways, my favorite Pokémon of Gen 7 is Lurantis. She's an adorable walking In Soviet Russia joke. "In Soviet Russia, the mantis not imitate the orchid, the orchid imitate the mantis." Couple that with an awesome signature move (Solar Blade) and the ability to have the best Ability in the game (Contrary) and who cares that you have 45 base Speed? You outspeed a freakin' jet railgun bug in the form of Vikavolt anyway! Who even cares that you have only one type and it isn't even a good one like Steel?

Also, since apparently I have to vote for favorite Alolan form, it used to be Ninetales, but now it's Raichu. Alolan Raichu is an adorable jellybean mouse surfer dude that rides waves of electricity, for God's sake!

Really, I like almost ALL Pokémon of Gen 7, but those two are my favorites (other than Lunala, my usernamesake on many a game or forum.)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Alolan form is 100% Sandshrew there's no question about that, they just took my favourite Pokémon and made him 50% cuter!

As for my favourite Gen 7 original... This one is a bit harder since I've not played those games a whole lot yet but the one who always stood out to me was Minior. I love the unique design he has and once his shell breaks and you get to see the lil' cutie inside you can't help but fall in love with him! Shell Smash is also one of my favourite sets to use (though I've tried him out and he's definitely no Cloyster...) so everything looks good Minior! I also rather like the Rowlet line (ignoring that gross middle one) and the yellow Oricorio is pretty swish ♥

Years
As for my favourite Gen 7 original... This one is a bit harder since I've not played those games a whole lot yet but the one who always stood out to me was Minior. I love the unique design he has and once his shell breaks and you get to see the lil' cutie inside you can't help but fall in love with him! Shell Smash is also one of my favourite sets to use (though I've tried him out and he's definitely no Cloyster...) so everything looks good Minior!

I often liked using that Shell Smash Minior set when I rematched Kahili's Mandibuzz at the Elite Four, and when Minior has its shell up, Mandibuzz can't use Toxic (which I know it loves to use against me) and then bam... cue Shell Smash and destruction.

I do wonder what your fave coloured core is though. The one I have is the Indigo core.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
My absolute favourite Gen 7 Pokemon is definitely Incineroar. I love its design, and he has such spunk in his animations.

Some other Pokemon I liked from this gen are Lunala, Silvally, Salazzle, and Golisopod.

Years
Wimpod and Golisopod are my faves by far for this gen. They're so cute. +w+

I surely remember Guzma's Golisopod giving me trouble since Bug/Water as an attacking combination doesn't have many resistors. First Impression can catch you off guard if you're not expecting it.

Back