• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Sep 26, 2018
I'm using hopeless trainer editor.How do I edit The ini to enter the expanded no. Of Pokemon's.thanks in advance

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 23, 2018
Just came to say I've been lurking for a bit as I'm learning how to work on rom hacks and your effort is greatly appreciated - thank you for everything.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 15, 2021
...2)False Swipe's effect doesn't work...
I'm going to have to second this. I'm using 1400 2.5Beta. False Swipe is one of my favorite things in Pokémon and not having it work is not acceptable. I'm using this as a base for a rom hack, and I'm definitely going to need this (or something similar) in the game.

So does anyone know of a way to get False Swipe working again like it does in vanilla? Maybe there's something I can just copy/paste from the vanilla rom into the hack with a hex editor? Anyone know which offsets I would need for something like that? Also, do all of the versions of these have this bug? I'd be willing to use a different one as they all seem to have the features I want.

Thanks for the base by the way; it changes and adds a lot of what I really want in my hack.

Vytron

Just an ordinary Romhacker
Years
When I catch a new pokemon from the new generations and the pokedex registers the data the screen game turns green and crashes. (Only patch on a clean FR rom btw)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 28, 2023
Hello i tryied to patch the file and when i put to Brock's Steelix mega stone (steelix is the 2nd in the party) He megaevolve to the first one... why? :D thanks for the answer

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 20, 2024
In PGE's Dex order editor, I keep getting a "NumberofNationalDex is missing" error. How do I fix this?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 20, 2024
So far out of all Fire Red rom bases I have found, yours is the most complete. Anyway I'm using PGE 3.8 with your 1460 patch, and I get an error in the pokemon editor when selecting Charizard. Is this a known issue?

I was also wondering if this patch has gender specific sprites, I want to make a custom rom hack where Meowth has two different sprites based on gender.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
@LiveWire-93

This ROM base is pretty old and uses another (buggy) ROM base as a base (brilliant). Therefore I don't recommend using this.

Use the DPE in combination with the CFRU instead. Or alternatively the latest version of Leon's and Ultimate's ROM base.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
This thread doesn't look very active anymore, but I think there is some kind of issue specifically with Cottonnee, Whimsicot, and Petilil. Attempting to start a battle against any of those three (and as far as I can tell, only them, Lilligant is fine), crashes the game.

Zard X

Android user
Years
Help! In my advance trainer the pokemon is only upto chimecho idk how can I make it more than that so please can anyone help me.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I have an issue regarding the patch. I did everything up to the hex editor part...but following me changing the hex code to 00 01 and patching the FireRed rom with NUPS...the rom opens on a whitescreen without anything happening.

Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me?

Back