• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Liquid Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
The hack is very bn despite the graphic
simple and has a lot of fame is good

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Hey Christos, how have you been doing with Liquid Ocean? :\ But I remember when you had to start over because when you were using the Emerald ROM base, what exactly happened when you used it and the ROM got corrupted? :\ Because I've been using the Emerald ROM base and nothing has happened on a hack that I'm working on. :x But anyway, your using Fire Red anyway, which is pretty good. And good luck with Liquid Ocean. ;)

I didn't really switch to Fire Red for its stability.

Sorry for these noobish questions, but I'll ask it anyway. Who will do the Hero's Introduction Sprite, Trainer Sprite, Using Pokemon Sprite, Backsprite and Pryce's Introduction Sprite?
I finshed the Alpha. Requires a bit more text editing on the Trainers/Gym Leaders/Advicers.
The alpha really requires a lot of savestates!!

I'm not sure yet, but I do have some spriters in mind, but I don't know when I'll get them done.

This hack is one of the best hacks out there, because of its originality and simplicity, which is what I like about Pokémon Liquid Ocean. You are very talented as a hacker, Christos.

I think Pokémon Liquid Ocean should get another award. It doesn't matter if it's Hack of the Week, Hack of the Month, or Hack of the Year, because I think you deserve all of them.

Your events, like in your Pre-Alpha, was incredible, all of the events were timed out practically perfectly (and the events were amazing, not something that an average hacker would come up with).

Although there is one downside about this hack that I dislike; the graphics. The graphics are very simple, yet they don't keep much of the feel that it is Pokémon FireRed that you're hacking. It feels more along the lines of Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire or Emerald, as the colors are more towards yellow, there is only one grass tile that I notice, and the flowers are almost exactly taken from Emerald.

Also, the idea of changing the color of flowers was nice, as all of the games only had one flower, or a certain amount more, but they appear less often. But maybe, for each color changed, you should edit the flower slightly.

I also saw a problem in the palette in one of your screenshots, the palette's grass color is different from the normal grass color. I really like the bridge though, it looks very real. I'd say I want to play this hack right away once it gets released.

Okay, first, the "simple" graphics are Fire Red's, and they look nothing like R/S/E, I only changed the grass palette a bit. The buildings are custom, but they're Fire Red styled. And yes, the flowers are Emerald's, it matches with Fire Red, and it doesn't really change the Fire Red feel, and it looks good in many colors.

And the error in the screenshots is not in the alpha, I'll change the screenshots too. And you said you played the pre-alpha, though the only release is the alpha.

Here's a screenshot of the new hero overworld sprite, made by Avatar, it will be included in Alpha 1.2.

liquid123np7.png

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
wow i really like this hack the name "liquid ocean" sounds really cool and i like the overworld alot good luck to you !

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
Wow... that sort of looks like Pokesho's Red Overworld sprite, for the front look right now cept edited o_o.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Yes, I know they are FireRed's, but if you took a screenshot with a signpost, some grass and flowers, I would mistake this hack for a hack of Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald.

I know that the buildings are FireRed Custom Tiles, they are amazing. That's what I said before; but if you take a screenshot of a city, you would think that it's a FireRed hack. But of a Route, you would think it's Ruby.

And lastly, yes, I've played the Pre-Alpha, but of the OLDER Liquid Ocean. It was good, as well, but this one will beat everything you've done in the past.

Good luck with this fantastic hack, Christos.

Oh, also, nice new hero sprite. It looks great. I knew you would change it, as it wasn't a "perfect" sprite.

The grass, trees and mountains are still Fire Red's, so that keeps the Fire Red feeling, despite the signpost and flower tiles.

And thanks~

christos did you have plan adding d/p pokes? :D GL

Maybe. Maybe not. Probably not.

Wow... that sort of looks like Pokesho's Red Overworld sprite, for the front look right now cept edited o_o.

If you took a better look, you'd see that they're nothing alike, the hair may make you think that, but if you see better you'll see.

Hebe Plains was a bad, rushed map, so I remade it. Here's some screenshots.

liquid124pc2.png
liquid125qh4.png

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I've said it before, I'll be releasing Alpha 1.2, with improved things, small sidequests and a mini game.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2018
So far i love this hack its brilliant.
Im kinda stuck though, i just got the 3rd badge and i have no idea where to go.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
Amazing, I would've commented on this earlier but I was away for quite a while. Your mapping still gives the game an awsome feel to it, the one thing I don't like is the ground palettes, they seem a bit too dark to me. But i'm not saying change them, cause they still look good. Did you change the pokeball sprite to a great ball? :P

Good luck, this pretty much inspired me to hack again.

Zennerick

The Researcher
Years
VERY nice. I noticed items are in diffrent types of Pokeballs; does that represent how rare the item is?
(Eg. Great Ball = Rare/Common/etc)

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2008
If you message me the OWs i will make a userbar.
Also if you tell me a main legendary and the starters i can make more.
:)

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Amazing, I would've commented on this earlier but I was away for quite a while. Your mapping still gives the game an awsome feel to it, the one thing I don't like is the ground palettes, they seem a bit too dark to me. But i'm not saying change them, cause they still look good. Did you change the pokeball sprite to a great ball? :P

Good luck, this pretty much inspired me to hack again.

I want to have new palettes, even though they don't look as good as the FR ones, but they're close to them.

VERY nice. I noticed items are in diffrent types of Pokeballs; does that represent how rare the item is?
(Eg. Great Ball = Rare/Common/etc)

Great balls are common items you find anywhere, Premier Balls are rare items, HMs, etc.

That's quite clever, if you ask me. I always noticed how Nintendo would add Pokéballs scattered around along your journey, but you could never guess what it is. You could even find a Great Ball in one of these Pokéballs, which is very awkward.

So, Christos, is there any news on Liquid Ocean? I don't understand why this is in the second page.

Keep up the great work, I will play this hack as soon as I can.

Even if the ball is different depending on how rare the item is, it would still be hard to guess, but I'll see what I'll do with it.

If you message me the OWs i will make a userbar.
Also if you tell me a main legendary and the starters i can make more.
:)

If you looked carefully at the first post or played this, you wouldn't have to ask this.

I got lazy and didn't finish the mini-game and the second sidequest scripts, so I finished the Horizon Hills map, the route north of Reine City. I'll try to get the Alpha 1.2 scripts done soon. Also, new mountain palette, I may keep it.
liquid130mq7.png
liquid131bl0.png
liquid132ka0.png

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2008
wow i totally missed that.

and so i did play the game and couldnt leave the town, because there isnt anything in the lab and yet it still doesnt let you go anywhere.
O_O

I guess ill make you teh userbars.

locean1copy.png

HTML:
[IMG]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/WHATEVA_2006/locean1copy.png[/IMG]

locean2.png

HTML:
[IMG]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/WHATEVA_2006/locean2.png[/IMG]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back