• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon:Gold's Adventure

Should I add a part in the game when you get bulbasaur, and the sunkurn event as well

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
Well those are good news to hear KingCyndaquil!
I thought you gave up on the hack...
Any new features you're planning for the hack?
well, currently im up to the bell sprout tower (he has to battle the monks, im only making 3 though). but you will see that something weird is happening in violet city as soon as you walk in the city, that would be part of the main story, i also plan on EXTENDING the story (not changing it at all, so cyndaquil will still evolve at the time it did in the manga) but i got a lot of questions basicly focusing around the fact that gold is a breeder, not a trainer, when you get far enough you will see how i plan to add his breeder duties into the game, also you run into some manga characters kinda early to in the game, eventuly you are asked to assist in the battle with 'mask of ice' and so on, but as i said we are, sadly, still in the beginning of the game, but progress is deffently speeding up, i know there is some people mad at me about the beta, so as a sorry present, im extending it, its still gonna have one gym, but something interesting is gonna happen :), and another thing, this got delayed because of school, but this and next month im totally free, so i will be working on this as often as i used to, i still need some scripters so feel free to ask :D

Years
well, currently im up to the bell sprout tower (he has to battle the monks, im only making 3 though). but you will see that something weird is happening in violet city as soon as you walk in the city, that would be part of the main story, i also plan on EXTENDING the story (not changing it at all, so cyndaquil will still evolve at the time it did in the manga) but i got a lot of questions basicly focusing around the fact that gold is a breeder, not a trainer, when you get far enough you will see how i plan to add his breeder duties into the game, also you run into some manga characters kinda early to in the game, eventuly you are asked to assist in the battle with 'mask of ice' and so on, but as i said we are, sadly, still in the beginning of the game, but progress is deffently speeding up, i know there is some people mad at me about the beta, so as a sorry present, im extending it, its still gonna have one gym, but something interesting is gonna happen :), and another thing, this got delayed because of school, but this and next month im totally free, so i will be working on this as often as i used to, i still need some scripters so feel free to ask :D
well thats great new so do you need me to script some of the extending stuff??? and i know that gold is a breeder but i think we should just remove the gym stuff unless the extending stuff is making gold a breeder and a trainer

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
well thats great new so do you need me to script some of the extending stuff??? and i know that gold is a breeder but i think we should just remove the gym stuff unless the extending stuff is making gold a breeder and a trainer
well, ill tell you about the extententions when you help me script cause i dont wanna release any spoilers, but yeah it has something to do with him being a ''natural trainer", but i will say this, Red and Blue play a bigger part in this game then in the manga........

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
well, ill tell you about the extententions when you help me script cause i dont wanna release any spoilers, but yeah it has something to do with him being a ''natural trainer", but i will say this, Red and Blue play a bigger part in this game then in the manga........

I'm definitely looking forward to this. The manga always added aspects to Pokemon that I thought were better than the games and the anime (which is God-awful). Good luck and I hope to see some updates soon.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
I'm definitely looking forward to this. The manga always added aspects to Pokemon that I thought were better than the games and the anime (which is God-awful). Good luck and I hope to see some updates soon.
actually, i was gonna make a big update right now lol, here it is!:
goldsadventuretitlescre.jpg

the OFFICAL! (give or take) TITLE SCREEN!!!! (if there is a title screen editor out there that can add the copyright thing, talk to me!)
title screen by Elite Trainer Red

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
the title screen looks great man. im really looking forward to how you made this manga based game. im glad u didnt give up on this & am continuing this. i also can wait 2 see the new scripts & trainer sprites u/ the team is/are going 2 put in.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
the title screen looks great man. im really looking forward to how you made this manga based game. im glad u didnt give up on this & am continuing this. i also can wait 2 see the new scripts & trainer sprites u/ the team is/are going 2 put in.
thanks its people like you that make me wanna keep this hack alive :)

and also here is the progress of the hack:

about to script some stuff for bell sporut
i made the donphan trainer a phanphy trainer (i made it a low level so dont worry)
i should get to the end of the beta (no promises) by tonight, if i do i will be realsed kinda late tonight but dont hold your breath, all i have to do is the bell sprout tower, the gym, and the bulbasaur script, i could use some help scripting so PM me if your interested seeing as my scripters arent online i gotta use diegoisawsomes scripting tutorial (which is working wonders BTW) but i can use some help cause i dont wanna screw anything up!

thanks for reading this!

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
thanks its people like you that make me wanna keep this hack alive :)

and also here is the progress of the hack:

about to script some stuff for bell sporut
i made the donphan trainer a phanphy trainer (i made it a low level so dont worry)
i should get to the end of the beta (no promises) by tonight, if i do i will be realsed kinda late tonight but dont hold your breath, all i have to do is the bell sprout tower, the gym, and the bulbasaur script, i could use some help scripting so PM me if your interested seeing as my scripters arent online i gotta use diegoisawsomes scripting tutorial (which is working wonders BTW) but i can use some help cause i dont wanna screw anything up!

thanks for reading this!
Sweet a Beta is on the way! That's flippin' awesome. And also I'm glad to see that you've taken to scripting. Once you learn to script you pretty much won't need a team anymore. Good luck. I'll be keeping my eye on this one.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
Sweet a Beta is on the way! That's flippin' awesome. And also I'm glad to see that you've taken to scripting. Once you learn to script you pretty much won't need a team anymore. Good luck. I'll be keeping my eye on this one.
thanks bro im working on it lol scripting isnt easy but i can do applymovement scripts (it still takes a while though) and all that, pokedude987 (on youtube) has been helping me with his tuts also, he's kinda like the XSE version of fullump (sorry if i mispronouced) but yeah its gonna be released by christmas thats for sure if not tonight :) and also, im gonna have alot more time to hack since christmas break is this tuesday

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
thats great news
i would help out but i havnt scripted since the summer & i need 2 relearn it (but i remember a few things) & also im busy with personal stuff (both my grandparents r kinda sick & im going over like a few hrs a day 2 help take care of them) & im also trying 2 work on my hack (the 1 in my sig). but i can try 2 help out besides i need 2 restart learning scripting since 1 person from my team is online, besides me. so if u want me to try to help out let me know though vm & bty do you think you can pm me some of those youtube scripting vids bc i have a few by him and they seemed easier from the dude i saw (i stopped watching his tuts since in 1 tut it was way different from the 1 i saw).

Last edited:

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
hey this hack looks like it has some potential! i just played the demo and my advise to you is use a different overworld sprite for gold the one in your hack is overused

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
hey this hack looks like it has some potential! i just played the demo and my advise to you is use a different overworld sprite for gold the one in your hack is overused
well i do have on in the hack lol its the HG/SS one, if i can get this darn sprite to disappear i can release it tonight, me and a friend are working on it now though so stay tuned!

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
also a bug you may not be aware of is if you talk to professor elm he tells you to pick a pokemon and if you talk to your mom she walks (through you if standing in the right spot) to the stairs as if you walked down them for the first time

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
also a bug you may not be aware of is if you talk to professor elm he tells you to pick a pokemon and if you talk to your mom she walks (through you if standing in the right spot) to the stairs as if you walked down them for the first time
really? thanks for telling me, ill locate and fix it right now, though its more then likely just a flag error.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I just played the beta and I can honestly say that I'm kinda dissapointed.There behavior issues for the tiles, and the palettes were pretty ugly (sorry) Also maybe you should add a OW for Silver. The running on Gold's OW seemed weird and choppy to me...And I would have to say the biggest disappointment for me is that there were too many automatic scripts. Being that it was a short Beta it would have been better if you were allowed to do something on your own. It's a good idea to block off parts of the game that aren't done yet. Having unfinished parts accessible is unproffessional. Hope to see improvements soon.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
OK! THE MOMENT YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR

BETA 1!!!!!!

BUGS (what hack doesnt have em?)
Elm sprite looks glitchy in lab (will fix)
Comma glitch :( (there is a way to fix, so i will fix it)
doesnt say you got the pokedex (ill fix it though)
in bellsprout tower, silver doesnt disappear (i need to find some open flags but will fix)

Last edited:

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
I just played the beta and I can honestly say that I'm kinda dissapointed.There behavior issues for the tiles, and the palettes were pretty ugly (sorry) Also maybe you should add a OW for Silver. The running on Gold's OW seemed weird and choppy to me...And I would have to say the biggest disappointment for me is that there were too many automatic scripts. Being that it was a short Beta it would have been better if you were allowed to do something on your own. It's a good idea to block off parts of the game that aren't done yet. Having unfinished parts accessible is unproffessional. Hope to see improvements soon.
all the changes were made, and also, in the entire beta/hack it's self it is really no automatic scripts, hope the beta makes you happy.

P.S anybody with A-Text and/or somebody that can resize the gold sprite please pm me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back