• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red Dwarf

Did you watch Red Drawf?

• Yes, I watch it whenever I get the chance!

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Yeah, I watched it a while back.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I watched it briefly.

• Nah, never.

• Total voters

Nakala Pri

Red Dwarf is a British comedy franchise which primarily comprises ten series (including a ninth mini-series named Back To Earth) of a television science fiction sitcom that aired on BBC Two between 1988 and 1993 and from 1997 to 1999 and on Dave in 2009 and from 2012, gaining a cult following.

I've been wondering for a while now, how many people have watched Red Dwarf and what is your favorite episode?

Oh smeg! I almost forgot, you can delete this thread or move it or whatev's. :P

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
My favourite episode is Meltdown because it has Elvis Presly and Marilyn Monroe! :D

Years
I love Red Dwarf, my dad got me into it when I was younger and I've seen almost every episode (haven't seen all of the most recent series on Dave, but I'll catch it all on DVD eventually). Meltdown is definitely one of the best episodes imo, but for me Quarantine is the best and I just wish Mr Flibbles puppets were still sold.

It's probably my third favourite all time TV show.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 31, 2018
Red Dwarf! It is such a lovely show. I don't remember specific episodes very well, but I do remember that I liked the randomness of the first season very much. I never understood how Kryten ended up living on their ship, and I prefer the male computer.

Wait, an episode I like a lot is the one where they meet their female counterparts xD

Nakala Pri

Red Dwarf! It is such a lovely show. I don't remember specific episodes very well, but I do remember that I liked the randomness of the first season very much. I never understood how Kryten ended up living on their ship, and I prefer the male computer.

Wait, an episode I like a lot is the one where they meet their female counterparts xD

Aw, come on, female Holly is still cool! ^^ She is quite pretty, in the episode where she gets IQ up to over twelve thousand, haha. I wish I had a toaster which kept asking me if I wanted some, then I would have everything I've ever wanted! :D

Years
Talkie toaster was great, especially in the episode you mentioned were holly gets a higher IQ.

I must admit I'm not sure how Kryten ends up on the ship or Holly becomes female because it was all explained in the really fast star wars type text in season 3.

Nakala Pri

Yeah, he is pretty cool! ^^ I want him for my B-day, haha. xD Plus Holly was super pretty in that episode, with the bun and all. :P

Yeah, I couldn't read it due to conversation with sibling about the volume. xD

Yeah, he is pretty epic. ^^ And on that episode, Holly is super pretty, with her bun and stuff. Plus she is pretty funny, but the older Holly was cooler, I must admit.

Me too, I wasn't paying much attention due to a conversation about the volume with my sibling. xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 31, 2018
Yeah okay, I do find it hilarious that high IQ Holly gets prettier while "normal" Holly looks so dumb in contrast xD Never really thought about that before that episode.

I recently borrowed the full DVD set from my parents and began rewatching the whole thing. Only got to season 3 I think though. Lots of other things grabbed my attention and nobody wanted to watch it with me. Maybe I should do livestream and watch it with you guys? If I ever figure out how to do that.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I love Red Dwarf, my dad got me into it when I was younger and I've seen almost every episode (haven't seen all of the most recent series on Dave, but I'll catch it all on DVD eventually). Meltdown is definitely one of the best episodes imo, but for me Quarantine is the best and I just wish Mr Flibbles puppets were still sold.

It's probably my third favourite all time TV show.

Ah, I forgot about Quarantine! That one was really funny! xD I loved Rimmer in his gingham dress and Mr. Flibbles! But when their eyes glowed red I swear I had nightmares for a week!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
Genuinely my favourite show of all time. Narrowing it down to a single favourite episode is tough, though.

If ever I introduce someone to Red Dwarf, because they've either never heard of it or just never seen it, I'll often show them Gunmen of the Apocalypse. Emmy award winning episode, and rightfully so. So much plot is put into less than 30 minutes of show time, and it is executed to perfection.

Nakala Pri

Finished the 'Back to Earth' parts, now we're repeating. On season two, just finished Kryten and hopefully tonight we'll watch more...

EXCITE!! ^^

Back