• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Small Writing Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bay

Years
Small Writing Competition!
Judged by Bay Alexison, bobandbill, Astinus, and Bardothren.

f5VPKbS.jpg

Welcome everyone to the Small Writing Competition! Ready to write a story based on this year's prompt that will impress the four judges and the rest of PC? Great!

But first, a few rules to keep in mind.

Rules
1.) Follow PC's rules and Fanfiction and Writing's rules.
2.) The stories written for this competition must be completely new. In other words, they must not have been written before and not posted anywhere else until judging is over.
3.) You must PM your entries to all of the judges. (This is so if someone loses their PMs the others still have them and so forth). The judges in question are bobandbill, Bay Alexison, Bardothren and Astinus. You also must post in this thread when you send your PMs so we can confirm you did send us an entry.
4.) One entry per member only, sorry.
5.) You have until 11:59pm EDT, 22nd September (Now it's been extended to 9am EDT/6am PST, 23rd September )to get your entry in.
6.) The story can be based on Pokemon or be original fiction. Note the judges may not all be familiar with any other fandoms.
7.) The entry can only be a completed one-shot as this is a small writing competition - no chaptered entries, please!
8.) Please don't publicly post your stories until the competition is over! Once the scores are posted and the competition is over, you may post your story in Fanfiction and Writing so that others may see it. Make sure to add [SWC] to your title if you do!

If you have any other questions, ask away!

Scoring and Prompt
Each entry can have a maximum score of 30, with the points broken down into three categories equaling 10 points in total like in previous years. The categories are:

Spelling and Grammar
Characterization, Plot, and Description
Relevance to Prompt

The prompt is magic, so good luck with making use of that in your story!

Entrants

Nothing, but maybe a Rom Hacker
RedBallon
Winter
Aisu
Chr. Draco
Forever
Cyaloom
icomeanon6
LilithSilver
BadSheep
Venia Sielnte
Salazorrah
Abby
countryemo

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
This is definitely the event I have been looking forward to the most. Count me in. ^_^

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
Aside from voluntarily posting stories onto the writing sub-forum, will there be any way to read other member's entries after the event? For example, will there be a massive post on here or something with the short stories in spoiler tags?

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Hey, what do we know, maybe Bardo pulls out some "magic" of his own and submits an entry that goes in somehow... XD

At the moment I am trying to polish and formalize three potential ideas to work with, to see which one will work out the best.. You never know where you are going to end up when you follow these abstract but versatile prompts.

Nothing but maybe a Rom Hacker

I might be a Rom Hacker, I may not... Probably not
Years
Okay, why not? Well, why am I saying why not when I just PMed my entry to judges. Well, anyways I wish everybody GOOD LUCK! I hope the judges enjoy my entry and everybody else's.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Posting here to confirm I got Nothing, but maybe a Rom Hacker's entry.

And good luck to everyone! Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

Aside from voluntarily posting stories onto the writing sub-forum, will there be any way to read other member's entries after the event? For example, will there be a massive post on here or something with the short stories in spoiler tags?
Unfortunately we won't be posting everyone's stories in a massive post. Some entrants might not want their story shared when the results are posted, in case they want to use the judges' reviews to change their story. Or there might be some entrants that simply don't want to share their story. Just posting the scores gives everybody the choice of if they want to share or not.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
Unfortunately we won't be posting everyone's stories in a massive post. Some entrants might not want their story shared when the results are posted, in case they want to use the judges' reviews to change their story. Or there might be some entrants that simply don't want to share their story. Just posting the scores gives everybody the choice of if they want to share or not.

Thanks for answering my question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back