• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Identity

Whose Overworld sprite do you want to see?

• ??? (The mysterious woman)

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • Aster

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Kaius

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Lilah

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Sadie

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Vivi

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
picture1cgd.png

AWESOME!

This has been a long time coming and is richly deserved! Many congrats to such a superb hack and of course the mastermind behind it!! ^^ Woooooo!

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
This hack is freakin' amazing. I'm really impressed with the scripting and the story (and the sense of humor that Nintendo lacks... "Look, I'm getting really tired of your bit- She hung up!" xD) I thought that sewer map bit was just brilliant, and I gotta admit, kicking hobos in a Pokémon game made my day.
There's just one little oopsie that's been bugging me: Vixie, the *female* Vulpix that you save early on... is male. Let me say that again. When you trade a Hoppip for Vixie, *she* is *male*. I didn't know trading could cause sex changes in Pokémon. xD
Otherwise, this is probably in the top three hacks I'm enjoying the most (and I can't decide an order for those three... I'm also playing like twelve hacks right now xD). I've actually been neglecting the others to keep up with this one's story. :3

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I didn't know trading could cause sex changes in Pokémon. xD

Azurill does that when it evolves sometimes. ;3

(something about having different gender ratios to Marill/Azumarill so if it is in the overlap or w/e it changes gender!)

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
Azurill does that when it evolves sometimes. ;3

(something about having different gender ratios to Marill/Azumarill so if it is in the overlap or w/e it changes gender!)
OK, that is hilarious.
By the way, I played a bit further since my last post, and I gotta say, the "cardboard box!" bit made me laugh. Also, a little typo: When you get the key, Lilah nags at you a bit, and then *you* say "Now get yer ass down there!" (or something to that effect). Green text,
Player's name, and all. I think that's Lilah's line, though. ;)

Years
Hey I loved the beta. It was the best hack I have ever played. It really isn't that long if you take out the sewers. I spent forever trying to find a Pokemon to learn cut. (Sentret). I found a glitch too. If you pick up an item, beat the beta, come back all items go back to before you got them. Just wanted to point that out. And I have an Idea for the "badge" system. Everytime the twins "inform" you about your past and future, it counts as a badge. Maybe you could use that as the chapter thing too. (cause i couldn't figure out when one chapter ended and another one began. And Why do you start out with a badge. Is it from the machine in the lab? Is that what you planned to use as a badge system instead?

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
AH! F$%&! Cliffhanger! I didn't think the beta would be so short. I had actually committed to NOT playing any other hacks 'til I cleared the beta. I made that commitment *yesterday*. :(
Kickass hack, though. It's about time somebody scrapped the old *battle, get a badge, beat some goons, get another badge* story clichés. I love the storytelling and scripting. I just don't love how cramming that much scripting into such a short frame of game time makes for short releases (I don't blame you though -- at least you CAN script, that's better than I can claim).
Itching for the next chapter! :D

By the way, would it be better to save *before* Lilah -- er, y'know, the last event -- or are you gonna throw in a script to, like, warp us from the last city to where we're supposed to be if we saved after the beta ended?

Ocarion

I'm just playing hacks
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2015
I really enjoyed this hack, possibly one of the best I've ever played. It's very suspenseful and it makes perect sense in every part of the chapter. The glitches I saw weren't too bad and I can't wait until you release the next couple chapters!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
I want to thank everybody for their support.
When I do release the second demo, you can load up your old save, but make sure it's before the last event.

Personally, I'd rather you play through chapters 1 and 2 again because you get to see and experience new sprites + new chapter 1 ending + new chapter 2 area and sidequest + a new feature that I'm gonna try to implement.

But if you're really eager to continue the story and jump into the 3rd and 4th chapters, I'm not gonna stop you.
Just saying that you'll be missing out on some cool stuff if you do. :)

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
When I do release the second demo, you can load up your old save, but make sure it's before the last event.

Personally, I'd rather you play through chapters 1 and 2 again because you get to see and experience new sprites + new chapter 1 ending + new chapter 2 area and sidequest + a new feature that I'm gonna try to implement.

But if you're really eager to continue the story and jump into the 3rd and 4th chapters, I'm not gonna stop you.

I'm definately going to start the game again when you release the second demo.

I really can't wait to see how much more amazing it's gotten.

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2010
creative, exiciting, and fresh. The concept of beating gym eaders for badges is fun but the way this hack comes across is a breath of fresh air. The story is compelling, the humor isn't cheesy, and the whole characters story is creative. The starters are different as well and im enjoying this hack a LOT. can't wait for the next beta!

aka825

Online Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2012
Okay, in short,... THIS IS THE BEST HACK I EVER PLAYED!!!!!!!! I can't wait for the next beta!

ThaWinnerGON

Backpacker
Years
Brilliant hack dude, just got finished playin through it so far. Lilah betrayin me :O --- caught me off guard. I just thought she was some b!+chy chick. Not sure if I wanna start all over though...worked my donk off tryin to raise Cutty the Nincada til he evolved so I had a Ninjask and a Shedinja. Guess I'll make time again for it.

By the way...Vixie ended up gettin a sex change for me too when I traded for her (him) XD

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024

Good to know that it's still going strong VG. I'll probably restart my game as you suggest to see all those neat improvements. ^^ Keep it up!

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Best hack I've ever played. Ever.

However, I found a glitch: In the bit with the sewers, in the second set of sewers when Lilah heals you, if you die after that then you can't get back into the sewer because the bridge is flipped and there's no switch. (I used a walk through walls to get past it.)

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2023
what happens to id PLZZZZZZZZ TELL ME T_T

Yes, I do plan on changing the OW of all the main characters but I haven't decided on what they look like as of yet, except for the mysterious woman whom I'm already started designing her sprite.

To answer your question: No, those parts will be hidden under clothing. Wouldn't you freak out if you saw someone with a mechanical arm walking around?
could you plz tell me what happens to ID i need to know plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ocarion

I'm just playing hacks
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2015
I'm glad to see you are putting more time into the art. All the sprites are looking great. If anyone could tell me how to support it I would. A truly awesome game. The only thing I'm kind of mad about is my kirlia's psychic (aka strongest) attacks don't affect Nuzleaf. And can you Galade in the hack? Other than that I really think this is the best hack I've ever played.

flavios

Lord of Fun
Years
Originally Posted by VGAura

Im def gonna start dis game over again from scratch i played it like 3 times after i completed the first demo. That was a few months ago since i last played it. Anyway this is the best hack i have seen so far. At first i just kept wandering if i should play it but then your story idea just drew me in dude.

Dis hack is truely a work of art forget nintendo lolz you are the true mastermind.(Sorry for my grammar but im tired and cant be bovered to speak properly)

Back