• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Psychic's Nerdy Food Gallery

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
These are great!! I'd suggest maybe adding in some icing on the features for the eyes and cheeks, even if you used a different or muted color than the red. They look very good, but it's a little hard to see it the shape of the features because of the holey texture.
Thank you! Yeah, unfortunately I didn't take the time to get some good detail shots, so a lot of that is lost, especially in the photo of all 16 zombie-chus. I've tried using icing for the facial features before with mixed results, so I would give it a try again. :) Thanks for the suggestion!

Braixen%20Pumpkin%20small_zpsulcnqcrh.jpg

I promise this is the last Halloween thing! I just managed to finish my pumpkin for this year: it's Braixen from Pokken Tournament riding on her broom! I got the game this year, and while playing through with my partner, we decided to main Braixen for awhile. Both of us kind of fell in love with the magical fox, and I especially loved whenever she would ride her broom like a witch!

There aren't many good reference pictures, so I used this one. Unfortunately I didn't plan it out perfectly and it wasn't super structurally sound, so my Braixen lost her head (I was thankfully able to reattach it with the magic of toothpicks)!

This is my third pumpkin I've done since I was a kid, and all three have been Pokemon!
Espurrpumpkinsmall_zpsa4468b6a.jpeg

Espurr in 2014

Pikabat%20Pumpkin%20unlit%20small_zpsywjwz0rv.jpg

Golbat Pikachu in 2015

My pumpkins have definitely gotten more complex each year. I'm really happy with how this one came out, and I can't wait to challenge myself again in 2017!

~Psychic

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
6KhIuPt.png

Long time no post! I've been itching to try something new, and over the weekend I finally got a chance to try my hand at making some Alolan Muk cupcakes!

These cupcakes have got Alolan Muk both on the outside and on the inside - double the Muk! I baked the cupcakes so you would see Alolan Muk's signature colours when you cut them open, and I also decorated the tops with layers of icing, plus white chocolate/mini marshmallows for the toxic crystals. I'm really proud of the final result!

~Psychic

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
5GyOORR.jpg

I made sugar cookies with friends, and of course I had to do Pokemon! Here's Ralts, Alolan Diglett, Alolan Exeggutor, Shinx, Swablu, Pikachu, Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio! Ralts, Swablu and Litten are my favourites.

This was my second time ever decorating sugar cookies (the first time being my Substitute doll cookies), and first time decorating freehand using my own designs! I'm really happy with the results! :>

~Psychic

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
7jjURDP.jpg

I made a ton of cookies for an online Secret Santa for the podcast My Brother, My Brother and Me. I had some leftovers cookies, so here's what I made! A few of these were also gifts for friends, but they were all fun to freehand. :D

Here's Rowlet, Munchlax, Pikachu, a Substitute doll, the Mass Effect N7 logo, and Pearl from Steven Universe. Pearl looks like she's from the Simpsons' universe, but otherwise I'm pretty proud of my first humanoid character!

~Psychic

Last edited:
Years
OH, these are cute and tasty looking!
I LOVE your Rowlet cookies - so cute and just using the shape of the cookie for the design is so adorable and well thought out!​

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
OH, these are cute and tasty looking!
I LOVE your Rowlet cookies - so cute and just using the shape of the cookie for the design is so adorable and well thought out!​
Thank you so very much!

:D I'm glad you like the Rowlet cookies so much, thank you! I liked that they were simple and easy to make, plus I love Rowlet! <3

ZZC0HNL.jpg

Happy end of 2016 and start to 2017, all! Here are some little Santa Chus inspired by Pokémon GO to help ring in the new year!

The Pikachu heads are pound cake dyed yellow in a Pikachu-shaped mold, and the Santa hats are strawberries with vanilla icing and sugar for the white trim, plus half a mini marshmallow for the pom pom!

~Psychic

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
sLEGLi6.jpg

iF3G0hi.jpg

I made Pokémon-themed malasadas! Ever since I first saw the malasada shop in the Pokémon Sun and Moon demo, I was fascinated! Of course, the beautiful colours of the malasadas in the shop windows completely sparked my imagination, so I had to make not only rainbow malasadas, but malasadas based on Pokémon!

I made the malasadas from scratch and then made the Pokémon features with coloured white chocolate! I posted more photos, as well as in-progress shots, here on my Tumblr!

~Psychic

Last edited:
Years

Wow, even your photography is getting better! :D I really love the chocolate addition, espeically the bulbasuar bulb and the charmander tail. You're becoming a very good decorator and I'm happy to see it, your designs are always creative! You can still work on your drawing and clean lines, but it's still very good.

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
Wow, even your photography is getting better! :D I really love the chocolate addition, espeically the bulbasuar bulb and the charmander tail. You're becoming a very good decorator and I'm happy to see it, your designs are always creative! You can still work on your drawing and clean lines, but it's still very good.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate getting any critique, so thank you for taking the time.

Funnily enough, my partner was in charge of the photography, and also made the Kanto trio chocolate details! (I made the Pikachu and Alolan starters.) My partner also helped with coming up with the Kanto designs, so I really can't take all the credit, haha. I have passed on your message and they really appreciated it, though!

3aZdTCG.png

I made Alolan Dugtrio brownie bites! These cuties are brownies and chocolate custard in a chocolate shell, with chocolate eyes and noses and spun sugar hair! It's all all served on rock candy and crushed Oreos!

These were a really fun little experiment I had wanted to try for awhile, and I like the result! I also learned that sugar is not easy to work with, and I am very glad I wore gloves, haha!

~Psychic

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
I've been pretty busy over the past few days with more desserts to show off!

u0Fa5p6.jpg

Going in chronological order or when I made them, here's my first triple-decker and first single-serve cake! The Batman symbol is made of chocolate, and the background props were all borrowed from my sister, haha.

xYhK3gZ.jpg

A Neko Atsume chocolate cake for a good friend! Featuring buttercream versions of her favourite kitties - Gabriel, Pepper, Fred, Socks, Lexy, and Pickles! It's been awhile since I last did a buttercream transfer, and the cats were perfect subjects.

8YdlO1O.jpg

Alolan and standard Meowth sugar cookies! To get the nice grey colour for the Alolan Meowth, I separated some of the cookie dough and dyed it with black food colouring. I printed out a Meowth face template (with just the face and ears), and used that as a stencil to cut my dough. I then cut out little strips of dough and cut one end into a point to make each Meowth's six whiskers, plus a round piece of dough for the coin. It wasn't a fast process, but I got the hang of it eventually!

0TKzDNd.jpg

And a second shot at using my 3D-printed cat Pokémon cookie cutters! This time went a lot better, but still not perfect. It's hard to get the dough out of these things. I have to push the dough out of the cookie cutters using my fingers or a toothpick, but you can't even fit a toothpick in some spots, like Mew's tail or Mewtwo's arm.

Thanks for reading!

~Psychic

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
xxEU0P2.jpg

I made edible Pikachu pairs for Valentine's Day!

The Pikachu heads are pound cake dyed yellow in a Pikachu-shaped mold, and the tails are cookies dyed the same shade of yellow! I made a little template of male and female Pikachu tails and used those to cut each cookie.

I made the hearts with milk and white chocolate using a mold, and each colour has a different candy filling. :D

~Psychic

Last edited:
Years
Heyyyy I think I have that pikachu shaper actually! I like that you have the male and female tails as well, I think those are very sweet.

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
Heyyyy I think I have that pikachu shaper actually! I like that you have the male and female tails as well, I think those are very sweet.
Ohhhh nice! This is the mold I have, it's from Japan! Do you have the same one? I know ThinkGeek also released one recently that I kind of want (even though it would be super redundant)...

Thank you! I made a template of the Pikachu tails using Photoshop, cut it out, and traced that in the raw cookie dough to get the shapes! :>

~Psychic

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years

Please cater my next birthday, and also my wedding, and my funeral.

You've really got a knack for this sort of thing, and I absolutely love the Pikachu Valentines. My only criticism concerns consistency: in repeated dishes, like your Meowth cookies, they tend to look a bit messy and unsymmetrical. Being able to streamline your design might be just the thing to really bring these desserts to life and look more official!

I can't wait to see what else you're going to make!​

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
These are cute!
Thank you so much! Was there anything you liked in particular?

Please cater my next birthday, and also my wedding, and my funeral.

You've really got a knack for this sort of thing, and I absolutely love the Pikachu Valentines. My only criticism concerns consistency: in repeated dishes, like your Meowth cookies, they tend to look a bit messy and unsymmetrical. Being able to streamline your design might be just the thing to really bring these desserts to life and look more official!

I can't wait to see what else you're going to make!​
Ahaha, I would so love to cater for you if you lived nearby!

Thank you so much! Yeah, it definitely bugs me that I can't always get everything looking A) perfect, and B) consistent. I am a total perfectionist and can often spend hours on a given piece, but there definitely comes a point where I just have to get it done if I don't want the food to become unappetizing or go to bed crazy late or miss the birthday party I'm bringing the piece to. The Meowth were especially tough since the whiskers were so delicate and finicky! I don't mind my work looking homemade (since it is!) but I definitely do want it to look more professional. Part of that is definitely going to involve better time management!

Thank you so much for your constructive feedback, I really appreciate it! :D

~Psychic

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
The gastlys are reaally cool!
Thank you so much! :D I really liked making them for Halloween. I like to be inspired to make food based on holidays, which actually brings me to...

vv3mXlL.png

Snorunt hamantaschen!

Today is Purim, a special holiday in the Jewish faith where we celebrate bring saved from death at the hands of an evil man named Haman. To celebrate, we tell the ancient story, give gifts, dress in costumes, drink ourselves silly, and eat hamantaschen!

Hamantaschen, or Oznei Haman, are pastries whose Yiddish and Hebrew names literally translate to "Haman's ears" or "Haman's pockets." They're made with a thick dough and a filling centre, cut unto circles and folded up. Popular fillings include poppy seed, prune, date, apricot, jam, and chocolate.

I've never made hamantaschen before, but I wanted to give it a shot, and of course I had to put my own twist on it, so I made them look like Snorunt!

To do this, I made my dough using this recipe and coloured it both yellow and orange. Using cookie cutters, I cut the yellow into a simple circle, and cut the orange into a sort of ring using two different sized cutters. I then attached the yellow circle and orange ring. For the fillings, I used Nutella, plus a little bit of home-made cookie dough filling to make the mouth.

Once baked, it was time to decorate! I made tiny blue eyes using blue Winton candy melts, putting some in the microwave and making little dots for eyes until they hardened. The hands and feet are made of a delicious mixture of Oreo crumbs, chocolate icing, and a bit of Nutella, rolled into balls and chilled in the fridge. I attached these with some melted white chocolate. Lastly, I used a black food colour marker to make the teeth.

They were definitely not easy to make, and they're not as neat as I would have liked, but I'm pretty proud that I pulled it off!

~Psychic

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
tQzg6lf.png

I made mini Power Ranger cakes for two birthdays! When sniffing out ideas for the guys? cakes, I learned they both love Power Rangers! So I made their two favourite Rangers: The Blue Ranger from Mighty Morphin? Power Rangers and the Wolf Ranger from Power Rangers Jungle Fury.

The cakes are each three layers of chocolate cake, separated with blue and purple buttercream respectively! The helmets are made of melted white and milk chocolate. I?m honestly super impressed with how the mouth area on Blue came out! I was initially going to make his lips white, but I didn?t like the look of it, so I scraped it off and used white for the highlights around the lips instead. Just enough of the original white remained that it created a really cool effect! I?m really happy with the results, and plan to keep making more mini cakes!

~Psychic

Last edited:
Back