• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years

Sorry, I'm not a scripter, and it has been a while since I touched XSE... Are you sure you compiled it to the right offset? And used that same offset in Advance Map? Normally, i put scripts in Free Space and Compile them, that normally works...

No, what I mean is after I've compiled a Script for the first time, and I go back to edit it later, changes which are made after the first time it has been compiled do not get put in the Script.

Basically, I can make a Script, but after it's first Compile, it is uneditable. Is this normal?

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
no how do you edit it like other pokemon moves, and stuff.

PLEASE ANSWER MY OTHER QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rstar095

Baby Seal Clubber
Years
Ive been searching high and low for a script that gives me a national dex. Ive seen two people ask it and it wasnt fully answered. Ive been able to add a regular pokedex but not a national. can someone just give me a script that gives yo a national dex... please

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
well in every place that's a help thread my questions are ignored, so i lost my patients.
sorry.

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2009
Edit move names in R/S/FR/LG/E?

Is there any program that would allow me to change the name of certain moves in the game? Like if I wanted to rename a move into something else, like Bite into Chew for example.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
About tile insertion for roms like fire red:
Is it possible to insert a bunch of tiles into a tile set with more than a 16 color palette (using advancedmap)?
If not, could I do each tile separately, or would this take up too much space or something?

Last edited:

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
Ive been searching high and low for a script that gives me a national dex. Ive seen two people ask it and it wasnt fully answered. Ive been able to add a regular pokedex but not a national. can someone just give me a script that gives yo a national dex... please

This is actually a very simple question and I don't know why no one has answered it. I'm going to phrase it so it will be easy to find using a search. To activate the national pokedex, or nationaldex, use special 0x16F.

siper x said:
i lost my patients

Well, you'd better go catch them. :P Unless you're a surgeon, then... Your malpractice insurance rates must be through the roof.
Seriously though, sometimes you have to wait a while. Either people don't know the answer, they are too busy to help, they don't want to help, or it has been answered before. Try using the search tool.

Cello said:
About tile insertion for roms like fire red:
Is it possible to insert a bunch of tiles into a tile set with more than a 16 color palette (using advancedmap)?
If not, could I do each tile separately, or would this take up too much space or something?

You cannot use more than sixteen colors at a time, and the first color on the palette is the background and will not show up. But remember, you have twelve palettes to work with. If you use the second color on the palette in palette zero, green, it will be the second color on the palette no matter which palette you use. It would be brown in palette one, red in palette two, blue in palette three, etc. Of course you can always edit the palettes.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
can someone help me? i really need yape to work again.
I did a quick google search and it might be that you have the WORM_KLEZ.E virus. But thats probably not right. I don't what else it might be though, sorry.

Why not use Darthatron's Pokemon Edit Pro? It can do most of what YAPE can do.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
You cannot use more than sixteen colors at a time, and the first color on the palette is the background and will not show up. But remember, you have twelve palettes to work with. If you use the second color on the palette in palette zero, green, it will be the second color on the palette no matter which palette you use. It would be brown in palette one, red in palette two, blue in palette three, etc. Of course you can always edit the palettes.

Thank you very much for your response!
So you're saying that for one batch of the tiles I use palette 0 for their colors, and for the second batch of tiles just use palette 1 for their colors?

You see, I'm trying to add in some revamped HG/SS houses into a fire red hack but the 16 colors thing was stopping me.

Thanks again. :D

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
Thank you very much for your response!
So you're saying that for one batch of the tiles I use palette 0 for their colors, and for the second batch of tiles just use palette 1 for their colors?

You see, I'm trying to add in some revamped HG/SS houses into a fire red hack but the 16 colors thing was stopping me.

Thanks again. :D

Pretty much. You can have them all in the same tileset too. :D

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Is there any program that would allow me to change the name of certain moves in the game? Like if I wanted to rename a move into something else, like Bite into Chew for example.
Yes, there is. It is called Attack Editor Pro. (AEP for short...)
You can find it in the toolbox. Just search for it.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Does anybody know where I can get a working version of Advance Text?

It's probably not a problem with the A-Text program that you download, just that you don't have the files to run it.
There are three different files you need in your system32 folder in order for a-text to run:
-comdlg32.ocx
-comctl32.ocx
-mscomctl.ocx

Google each file + download them, place them in your C: /WINDOWS\system32 folder, then run A-Text again.

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
It's probably not a problem with the A-Text program that you download, just that you don't have the files to run it.
There are three different files you need in your system32 folder in order for a-text to run:
-comdlg32.ocx
-comctl32.ocx
-mscomctl.ocx

Google each file + download them, place them in your C: /WINDOWS\system32 folder, then run A-Text again.

Thanks a lot. I've tried that before but I think I only downloaded two of the files.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Thanks a lot. I've tried that before but I think I only downloaded two of the files.

Yeah, it's a very common problem. I had it happen to me too. That was all I had to do in order for it to work.

There's also a video that I followed for it with a few extra steps:
youtube.com/watch?v=gqwNwszaEjQ

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
I have a question, and I wasn't able to find an answer by searching in this thread.
I'm wondering how to edit the map.
NOT the overworld, the Town Map and/or the Pokenav Map.
Please PM me the answer, I probably won't find the answer in here.
Thanks!

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
I have the same tilemap being used for two of my world maps. For some reason, on the fourth world map (which is #3 in the programming), nine tiles near the bottom-right corner keep getting replaced with tile #3, while on the other, it works just fine.

Can anyone help?
What, does nobody know the answer? This is the third repost so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back