• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
"Ah man...I'm tired of sitting by the sidelines guys...we need to get some ACTION!! Am I right or am I right?" Selene asked Ri and Blu, taking her third and final pokeball from her belt and releasing her Pikachu, Ryan, who smiled as he hopped up and down happily. "Chu! pi pikachu!" enthused Pikachu, as Ri and Blu looked at each other pointedly and Blu rolled his eyes. Whilst Ryan had Selene's lust for battle, Ri and Blu knew only too well how competitive Selene got...and how sulky she could be if the fight didn't go her way.

"Yeah, I knew I was right!" She turned and put her hands on her hips, pointing at Mark and Valorie and smirking. "Enough talk! Which one of you guys is going to take me on?! Your pokemon against Ri, Blu and Ryan, what do you say?! Unless you're too PIDGEY to take the challenge!!!" She smiled in a self-satisfied way and Ri put his head in his hand as Blu shook his head. Selene was rubbish at trash talk...

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Dratini squirmed with excitement over the attention it was getting before being distracted by fire.

"I'm from the suicune dorm..!"

She of course seemed proud of this as well. She wasn't exactly all that modest. She was perhaps a bit of a bragger, but on the other hand she was not very condescending. A particular Pokemon caught her eye. It was a charmander. She silently noted that she has not seen one aside from her own up until now.

"I just got here today. I guess I'm a late arrival."

She neglected to bring up that she doesn't know her way around. Somehow, it just felt like an embarrassing thing to say. Mark had propositioned training. Valorie smirked ever so slightly. She had come here to become a better trainer. Yet, said subtle smirk vanished after only a moment. What if she lost like last time? For a moment she began to stress about tye possibility of being shamed in her first battle here. She promptly pushed that thought to the back of her mind, though.

"I'd love to."

She smiled at Mark warmly before glancing at her Dratini, who had taken notice of Len. Valorie's Dratini peers down at Len curiously, leaning out of Valorie's arms to do so.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark laughed at Selene's attempt at trash talking. Valorie accepted the challange willingly. Mark would have battled but considering he had just gotten out of one earlier, He could use a break. Besides, He could learn alot by watching the girls fight. Len hoped up and down in joy when Valorie's Dratini noticed him. "Poli! Poliwag!" ["Hiya! I'm Len! Ohhh your blue to! cool!"] Len said cheerfully.

"Well, Me and Len will just watch you two duke it out. Consider us your personal Referees." Mark said, letting off a sarcastic laugh. He backed up and sat down on the grass. Len followed suit and sat right on top of Mark's lap and snuggled against him.

SelenaStar

Years
Grinning, Selene turned to Valorie. "Awesome!! Ha, what a great way to be inducted...well, it seems like battlefields are occupied...but the WORLD is our battlefield! I say we go right here!" She turned and returned all 3 pokemon to their pokeballs - she wouldn't want any stray attacks to hit them on the sidelines. She turned to Mark and laughed. "Ha...given how you slacked off during fitness class I don't know if I trust YOU as a ref...Lennie sure!" she trilled, winking at Len and giving him the thumbs up. She closed her eyes and inhaled and exhaled deeply, getting into the zone. Once she felt centred and calm she opened her eyes and faced Valorie. "Ready whenever you are Valorie!" she said, folding her arms.

Renege

C arry T he F lame
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2011
[Outside Battle; Wallace v Ace]

"If I'm going down, you're going down too!" Wallace could tell that Ace was angry he didn't know if that would help or hurt him. "Fury Swipes!" What? Lombre started to hit Lome with its attack and before Lome could get away Lombre had shot out a jet of water. Where did that come from Wallace wondered to himself he didn't see Ace order that.

"Lome!" Wallace yelled as the water blasted into Lome this wasn't going to end in a good result. Lome's feather were plastered against her and with all this water she wasn't going to be able to run her fastest. Then Lombre hit itself against a tree and hard, "C'mon Leafy, don't give up!"

Wallace looked at Lome and she wasn't getting up, "Lome! Come on, we can pull through this!" Wallace looked at Ace and they seemed to be in the same position.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Bri stopped as he heard Mark call out to him. Great, now he would have to join that group and be seen by Mr. Tiranti. As he turned around, he saw them start to move away from that battle. He smiled and joined the group just in time to hear Selene's comment about not trusting Mark to ref for the battle. As he matched his pace with theirs he said, "Yeah, I know what you mean! That would be a sight to see!"

Then he turned to the girl he didn't know. He fumbled around for something to say, eventually settling on; "Hi... I'm Brian. Nice to meet you!" Then he noticed the Dratini in her arms. His smile grew even wider, if such a thing is possible.

"Wow! That's a Dratini! I'd know one anywhere!" he exclaimed. He couldn't stop himself. He had read all about the Kanto pokemon, but didn't get to see them too often. The small group reached the room they were headed to, and Selene took her place in the battlefield. Bri walked over to where Mark was, making sure that he wasn't in the battlefield.

SelenaStar

Years
Looking over at Brian, Selene raised an eyebrow. "Could you be any more enthusiastic Bri?" she laughed. "If you like Kanto pokemon, I have something for you to see too!" She unhooked a pokeball from her waist and released her Pikachu in a flash of red light. "Ryan, say hi to Brian!!!" she laughed at the unintentional rhyme, giggling as Ryan went up to Brian and held out his little yellow paw. "Pi pika-pi!" said Ryan proudly, tilting his head to one side.

Nideous

Years
Brian grinned at the Pikachu in front of him. He leaned down to say hello, when Duster came out of her pokeball. The Minccino was very exuberant in her greeting, and she grabbed the Pikachu's front paws and began dancing him around. Brian laughed at her antics and said, "Don't get him dizzy, Duster! He has to battle!"

Duster's eye's lit up, and she asked, "You mean he's going to battle me!?"
"Hahaha, not you! He's going to battle someone else," Bri said, and when she looked like she was about to cry he hastly added, "I'm sure we can find someone to battle! If you, ya know, you really want too."

He realized what he had said. He had just offered to battle, even though he didn't like to. And Mark looked bored enough to take him up on his offer.
"Wow! Could we?" Duster begged. Bri sighed at her. Oh, well. He really had to accept that he was going to have to get good enough at battling to pass his classes. He nodded at her.
"Only if someone else wants too. But don't pester them about it! Now, go play!" Bri said. Duster smiled, then ran over to the pokemon that were in the group and out of their pokeballs and began to introduce herself. Bri laughed at how different Duster and Snivy were. He wondered if they would get along. After all, he knew Duster would get on Snivy's nerves. She was getting on his nerves a little bit.

Last edited:

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
Years
"Nice work Rocky" Jack returned Rocky to his pokeball and released Blaze his Charmander. "Your the last one buddy" Jack had the type advantage but Mr. Tiranti still had a pokemon left.

"Ok Blaze use Smokescreen" Charmander released a thick black smog from his mouth covering the entire battlefield hopefully blinding Tropius. " Follow up with Flamethrower" Charmander released a stream of fire at the Tropius bursting through the smog and hitting the large winged pokemon head on.

Tropius is doomed.

Wait...

"Aerial Ace!"

The flamethrower weakened the Tropius moved through the flamethrower and smokescreen. Aerial Ace still did some damage to the Blaze.

"Chlora, Toxic!"

Toxic spread through the forest-like battlefield, and a little of it hit the Charmander.

Years
"Char!!!!" Blaze screamed out in agony after being poisoned by the Toxic attack that Tropius had released. Blaze fell to the ground prompting Jack to rush to his side "Ok Mr. T we're done you win" Blaze was Jack's youngest pokemon so he has never really experienced this sort of pain before.

Jack took up Blaze into his arm and began walking off to the nurses station and when he arrived there he spotted the Snivy from earlier. "Another one" the nurse said as Jack walked through the door obviously realising that the Charmander in Jack's hand was poisoned. "Give him here sweet heart" the nurse said as she took the Charmander admitted the treatment and set him down in a bed near the Snivy.

"So I come back tomorrow morning right" asked Jack which the nurse responded with a nod. Jack made his way back to the battlefield area to see if Mr. Tiranti was still there.

------------------
Blade lvl 15
Rocky lvl 10
Blaze lvl 10

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
Len happily jumped up in joy from Selene's remark. Mark looked to the side and muttered. "Sheesh. Thanks." He said. He noticed Bri had a new pokemon with him... well... Mark didn't recognize the species but she was named Duster. Mark sighed and decided to let Snype out of his Pokeball.

Snype chuckled and followed Duster. Len followed. The relation ship between Snype and Len is sort of a brotherly bond. The two enjoy their fair share of laughs and often like to sit and relax together. Len usually isn't up for following Snype in his mischievous activity though.

["Kehe. Hey! Duster eh? Names Snype. You a.. Unova pokemon or something? I'm not familiar with your species."] Snype said with a large smile. Len hopped in front of Snype and introduced himself as well.

["Hi! Hi! I'm Len!"]
The poliwag exclaimed

Mark couldn't help but overhear Bri mention something about a battle. "Hey, if your pokemon are willing, I'll accept your offer for a battle. Snype has been wanting to get involved in one ever since he got here." Mark said to Bri.
------
Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 13
Commodore (Porygon) Lv. 10
Len (Poliwag) Lv. 11

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
Years
Ooh, that Charmander looks really hurt. That little dab of poison packs a big powerful punch, apparantly...

The teacher walked back to class.

"Let's go over the enzyme worksheet."

Glen talked about the worksheet. The sheet covered the central dogma of biology, ribosomes, protein synthesis, enzymes, and substrates. It also discussed the lock and key model.

(Not finished)

Nideous

Years
Duster turned around and grinned right back at Sype.
"Yup! I'm a Unova pokemon! I'm Duster the Minccino! Nice to meet you, Snype and Len!"

Bri looked around and saw Jack running out of the room with his Charmander. He sighed. That teacher was too rough in his battling. He and other's like him were the reason Bri hated battling. His gaze turned to Duster. She was talking to Mark's pokemon now. He smiled at them.

"Hey, if your pokemon are willing, I'll accept your offer for a battle. Snype has been wanting to get involved in one ever since he got here." Mark said. Bri knew it. He turned to Mark with what he hoped was a confident smile.

I'm not gonna back down from this! Bri thought to himself. What he said was, "Sure! Snivy's sick right now, so do you think we could have a 1 on 1 battle? Because all I've got is Duster..."

Snivy found her sleep interupted yet again. This time the human that had been battling that teacher ran in. She tried to remember his name. Jake? Jack? Something like that. The nurse took his Charmander and put him into the bed next to hers. She got a good look at him. He looked as bad as she felt, and then some. She shook her head, rolled over, and tried to sleep as the human left.

Megaman765

Years
"Haha! Alright then! Hey Snype! Up for a battle?" Snype turned his head and gave off a large mischievous smile. He had a good idea on who his opponent would be. The only thing though is that she was a normal type... would she even be able to hit him?

"Sable! Sable..." ["Hey, incase you got nothing but normal moves on ya, Don't worry. I'll play fair. I won't be like those other ghosts that like to fade through those kinds of attacks. kehehe. Heres to a good batle!"] Snype said as he ran over to Mark's side. As much as Len wanted to battle the pokemon, It was true the Snype hadn't had any action at all since they got here. He decided to go with it and sit in the sidelines. He would have his moment of glory one day!

"Alright then. I'm ready whenever you are Bri." Mark said. Snype gave off a large smile as his eyes glimmered. He was pumped and ready to battle.

Nideous

Years
Bri walked to a position opposite of Mark's. He waved at Duster, who ran over to him. He tried to think of Duster's moves for a minute, then remembered his pokedex could tell him. He pulled it out. His heart sank when he saw the moves.
Pound
Tickle
Growl
Helping Hand

And that was all. Her opponent was Snype! She wouldn't even be able to hit him!
"Don't worry! Snype said he was going to play fair! We can take him!" Duster said. Wow, she was sure confident. Bri grinned at her.
"I'm ready when you are, Mark! You can go first!" Bri said.

Megaman765

Years
Snype went into a fighting stance He was at a bit of a handicap himself. Some of his own moved wouldn't work, such as Night Shade. Either way, Snype would find a way to deal with it somehow. He could figure out some tricky tactics to really mess with Duster. Snype prepared himself for Mark's first command.

"Alright lets start simple Snype. Scratch!" Mark said. Snype crawled over toward Duster on all fours and reached his claws out to scratch her across the chest. Len cheered on the sidelines for Snype to do his best in the battle as he squirted water into the air excitedly. It fell back onto the poliwag as he continued to spectate the battle.

Nideous

Years
Bri saw the Sableye coming after Duster. He froze up a little. Why does this keep happening?! He thought to himself. Duster had just enough time to look at Bri for instructions before she was scratched. She yelped in pain and ran a few feet to the side. Get it together, Bri! Duster is counting on you! Now, what can she do. I know she's fast. Almost as fast as Snivy, and probably faster than Snype. I saw what she did to Snivy with her Tickle attack, but Mark is a clever trainer. That will only work once. Helping Hand won't help ar all, and Growl won't either. So I have one choice left. Bri thought to himself. He looked at Duster. She wasn't hurt too badly, just a little shaken up.

"Duster! Use Pound!" Bri said. Duster charged straight for Snype, prepared to bash him over the head as hard as she could.

Megaman765

Years
Right after Snype's scratch attack, Duster yelped in pain and ran a few feet. Snype scratched his head curiously... ["kehe. You alright over there?" He asked with a hint of sarcasm. Bri then commanded duster to use Pound. Duster managed to hit Snype straight across the face, leaving quite a mark. ["Sheesh... Your quite a hard hitter! What other tricks do ya got?"] Snype complimented.

"Snype use Sucker punch!" Mark said. Snype cracked his knuckles and ran in to give Duster a good jab toward her stomach.

Years
Jack returned to the battlefield area and spotted Bri and Mark having a battle of there own. "A battle between Sableye and Minccino" Jack had not seen most of these pokemon up close before coming to the academy but his love of pokemon meant that he studied them all.

"Snype use Sucker punch!" Mark said as his Sableye cracked his knuckles and ran in to give the Minccino a good jab toward her stomach. "If Mark doesn't win something is really wrong" Jack whispered to himself as he continued watching the battle.

Back