• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Friends forever.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Best fri--what? I have never had one of those. Whether it is because of me, or other people, there has never really been anyone that I would label as my "Best" friend. I mean, I suppose by the definition of Best I technically do have one, but that doesn't mean that I have any good friends... I think I'd wait for someone to come along who actually truly embodies what it means to be a "best friend" before I actually go around starting to label someone as this. I think that with a lot of people, it is a pretty pointless title that holds very little meaning. Often I find, that for these people, they think they person that they hang out with the most is their best friend, but their often wrong. Their BEST friend, is the one that will always have their back no matter what... through the the thick and the thin.

This is it for me too. I have lots of good friends I've met through work, school, and through other friends, but either they moved, or I moved, so it sucks that we can't talk or hang out often (or at all anymore.) I can't really call them a best friend.. and I used to think I had one until I realized.. I really didn't matter to them. No one has ever really had my back even though I've gone out of my way for them a lot of times. Left me not being able to trust anyone fully, so I doubt I ever will have a "best" friend in that sense. I'm not really that bothered because I have a handful of good friends that give me good laughs and I enjoy their company a lot. But when things get down to it, through the thick and the thin, I can really only trust to rely on myself.
However, I guess, the one person (who isn't family) that I really can trust is my boyfriend, so perhaps in a sense he is my best friend. I met him on PC about 6 years ago.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
This is it for me too. I have lots of good friends I've met through work, school, and through other friends, but either they moved, or I moved, so it sucks that we can't talk or hang out often (or at all anymore.) I can't really call them a best friend.. and I used to think I had one until I realized.. I really didn't matter to them. No one has ever really had my back even though I've gone out of my way for them a lot of times. Left me not being able to trust anyone fully, so I doubt I ever will have a "best" friend in that sense. I'm not really that bothered because I have a handful of good friends that give me good laughs and I enjoy their company a lot. But when things get down to it, through the thick and the thin, I can really only trust to rely on myself.
However, I guess, the one person (who isn't family) that I really can trust is my boyfriend, so perhaps in a sense he is my best friend. I met him on PC about 6 years ago.

The only person I even consider POSSIBLY being my best friend, moved away. It is a terrible feeling, because she was one of the few people that was actually chill. She liked to do all the things that most of the kids around here do(that is smoke, drink, party) but she wasn't all "young and reckless" about it. By that mean, she wasn't some stupid ******* who tried to inebriate themselves into a coma. She didn't start drama... and she just all around was a chill person. Luckily, she didn't move that far, just up north a state to Oregon. Unluckily, I'm broke and don't have any method of transportation aside from my feet. She is coming down next month though, which is something that I'm pretty excited for because I haven't seen her for such a long time. Definitely gonna have to hit a few parties with her, haha. I think the coolest part about this is, I never pictured that SHE would be my "best" friend or what have you. It is kinda strange to see who falls into what place in your life. Even the people that I "like better/hang out with more" don't really compare to the same level of friendship that I share with this other person.

I can't really trust anyone outside my family, which kind of sucks, but most people around here are some pretty scandalous people. I mean, I trust A LOT of people, but I wouldn't devote them the same amount that I would to my family or the few other people that I trust like family. When I do, usually something goes bad, so you can say that I've learned experience. And although I always hope for the best, I tend to expect the worst and am quite elated when my hopes actually come to be true.

Back