• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Transfering of emblems

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
More specifically, the community supporter emblem.

The donation topic states that supporter status can't be transfered, and given that the supporter emblem is exclusive to supporters, why is it being transfered?

Does this mean that the owner has decided to allow for supporter statuses to be transferable between accounts? Or is this simply a case of staff oversight?

Sirfetch’d

When a staff member transfers emblems they probably don't look at each individual one so it just gets transferred. Also even if that account isn't supporter status, the user still earned that emblem by donating so there isn't a problem with it being transferred really.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I mean, they did donate with an account. I guess that it just doesn't matter which one, even if their new account isn't a supporter. It's just the emblem, though. Not as big a deal as the support status itself.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
The problem is that it is stated in the donator faq that supporter status is not transferable, and that the supporter emblem is meant to be awarded to those with supporter status.

Sirfetch’d

The emblem doesn't give you supporter status though. It simply shows that you helped the community by donating which you may have done with another account.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Perhaps. The donator faq hasn't been updated in almost half a decade, and emblems were first release two years after it's last update.

I'm basing this on that supporter status - and thus, the benefits of it - are not transferable. The supporter emblem is but one symbol given to supporters, but one benefit from a point of view. My point is that if the status isn't transferable, then why should the perks and symbols of that status be transferable?

The donator faq needs to be updated to add a mention to the supporter emblem either way though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
When a staff member transfers emblems they probably don't look at each individual one so it just gets transferred. Also even if that account isn't supporter status, the user still earned that emblem by donating so there isn't a problem with it being transferred really.
Transferring emblems isn't automatic. We have to individually find the emblem in this really long ****ing page (seriously, it takes like 70 scrolls to get to the bottom) of emblems and add someone that way.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Well, the supporter emblem just states that you "helped make PC a better place", so it's just to show that you've helped out PC. The supportership status is the bonus, or the benefit, and the emblem is the thanks. And PC wants to remember the thanks. Simple.

no srsly the emblems aren't supposed to be removable right? and it's unfair to not transfer an emblem just because of the origin, yeah?

Back