• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harder than steel -- The Steel Type Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRusty

The Dragon Master
Years
For everyone who likes, loves or hates the Steel type, I welcome you to:
Harder than Steel -- The Steel Type-club!

Soooo..... Here are the questions in order to get in:

1. Pick 3 Partner Pokémon of the Steel Type
2. Who is your favorite Steel Type? Why?
3. Why do you like the Steel Type?
4. Did you ever use a Steel Type competitively? Which Pokémon and why?
5. Which Gym Leader and/or Elite Four do you like the most? Why do you like it?
6.(optional) Which move is your favorite? Why?

1. Steelix, Metagross, Genesect
2. Steelix. It has a really cool design and high Defense
3. I like it because I prefer the more bulky Pokémon, and the Steel Type is the perfect answer to that!
4. No, I don't play competitive battles
5. Byron, because he is a miner and looks really good

Members:
Spoiler:

Steel type Pokémon of the week:

250px-227Skarmory.png

Skarmory!!

Questions:
1:How much do you like this Pokémon at a scale of 1 to 10?
2:Do you think it's worth the Steel Type?
3:If you could change anything in its design or movepool, what would you change?
4:Did you ever use this Pokémon competitively? Why did you (not) use it?
5: Do you think Skarmory should get a (pre-)evolution? Why?

Already used Steel Type Pokémon of the week:
Spoiler:

Question Of The Week!
Why is the Steel type so awesome?

Steel Type Pokémon
Spoiler:

Attachments

• Steel type club plaatje.png
    Steel type club plaatje.png
    244.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Killua

1. Pick 3 Partner Pokémon of the Steel Type Genesect, Scizor and metagross
2. Who is your favorite Steel Type? Why? Scizor cool desingn and stats
3. Why do you like the Steel Type? cool the best alternative to dragons before fairy...
4. Did you ever use a Steel Type competitively? Which Pokémon and why? Yep scizor for sandstorm team
6.(optional) Which move is your favorite? Why? iron head decent power and acuraccy

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 1, 2022
I've been wondering when this thread would show up.

1. Difficult, but I'll go with Skarmory, Mawile, and Magnezone
2. My favorite is probably Mawile, because of its unique design, good typing, and awesome offensive capabilities as Mega Mawile. Though Skarmory, Magnezone, Lucario, Bisharp, and Metagross all come close (there's a reason Steel is my favorite type).
3. Why do I like Steel Type? Well, like the OP I prefer to battle with sturdy, bulky Pokemon, and Steel is by far the best defensive typing for that (and the coolest-looking as well, IMHO).
4. I don't battle competitively often, but I have used Ferrothorn before. Its Grass typing plugs some of the resistances Steel misses out on, most helpfully Water and Ground, and its ability is really nice for doing damage while defending.
5. My favorite Steel-type trainer is Jasmine, because she's still a tough battler despite her shyness. She's also one of the more active leaders outside her gym, caring for Ampharos and giving Waterfall to the player in DPPt.
6. It's not very common, but my favorite Steel-type move is Gear Shift, because of the huge stat boosts right where Klinklang needs them.

AkioMoto

Seer of Ledian's true power!
Years
Name AkioMoto
Partners: Ferroseed
597MS.png
Bisharp
625MS.png
Klink
599MS.png
:3
My fav steel type is Klink They're just to adorable
I don't play competitively
I like steel types because there just fun to use and they're aren't any bad ones
uhhh... Clemont uses a magneton does that count? because I don't have a favorite
Bullet Punch you gets to punch all te bullets :D

Last edited:

Light and Darkness Dragon

Want a Sprite Cranberry? 🎄
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 23, 2021
Hey here are somethings you could use I got from here.
Spoiler:

1. Magnemite, Scizor, Aron
    [*]Who is your favorite Steel Type? Why?
    I'm unbiased to the steel type.
    [*]Why do you like the Steel Type?
    I don't know if it is the metallic feel that steel types have, or if they are shiny or if a plethora of them are dual type. I have no real reason other than I like them.
    [*]Did you ever use a Steel Type competitively? Which Pokémon and why?
    LOL. I used a mono steel team, and FEAR Aron. Fratricidal Magneton's, ParaFlinch Jirachi, Banded Dancing Scizor, Magmortor, Scarf Vest Excadril, Skarmory I used a few times on stall teams, Forretress, and Specs Empoleon. Maybe I like steel types because I used so many of them.
    [*]Which Gym Leader and/or Elite Four do you like the most? Why do you like it?
    I honestly don't like any of the steel gyms. They were all too easy, and I only remember Jasmine because of my GSC days. In my head cannon I traded her my Prinplup in Gen IV. I remember using a level 3 starly against Bryon, but I easily wrecked each steel type trainer in game. :(
    [*](optional) Which move is your favorite? Why?
    I love Bullet Punch for one the name, and secondly for its priority. The secind favorite move I love is Shift Grind for the +3 it gives in battle.

Remind me to discuss Metagross. But I'll be disappointed if Mega Klinkklang doesnt look like a train.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Light and Darkness Dragon

Want a Sprite Cranberry? 🎄
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 23, 2021
Steelix
I remember being a big fan of this pokemon when I was a child during second and 3rd gen. It has an amazing look to him and watching it perform in the anime made me go <3.
Defiantly worth its steel. It just never put of the damage, but took it very well.
3:If you could change anything in its design or movepool, what would you change?
I wouldn't change its design. It is pleasing to the eye. I would increase it's attack stat to 115 OR its ATK to 105, and Sp.D to 75. to give it a BST of 540. I was going to suggest giving it Aqua tail, but GF did that ;).
I never used a Steelix because I other ground, and steel types did his job better. I used his MEGA once, and was surprised how well it was taking hits.
5:Do you like its pre-evolutions and its Mega Form?
I love onix. Well I have to get going and get dinner started. I'll be back later.

TheRusty

The Dragon Master
Years
Since almost no-one replies here, I thought I should do the topics myself.

Pokémon of the Week: Aggron
Probably around 8 because I almost always use one on my Hoenn teams and most of the time, it's the best and highest-leveled.
Yes, definetely. Its Mega forme even more.
Nothing in its design, but I would suggest giving it more Rock-Type moves, because it only learns Rock Tomb and Rock Slide naturally and Stone Edge, Sandstorm, Rock Slide and Smack Down via TM.
No, because I don't play competitively.
5:Do you like its pre-evolutions and its Mega Form? Why do(n't) you like it?
Yes, Aron is very cute and has a cool shiny form and a tiny little smile.
304_female_shiny.png
tumblr_mvny689WXU1rsxnc9o2_1280.jpg

Lairon is very durable and Mega Aggron is unique because he's the only one who loses a type.

QOTW: Which Pokémon is worth the Steel Type the most? Why?
For me, it's Metagross. Because it being a supercomputer. That's why.

drfaustfaustus

Not a real doctor
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 15, 2018
Aggron, Steelix, Scizor

Aggron. I love its design. And, since it has such a sloooow exp rate, I ended up getting really attached to my first Aron in Emerald through all the training.

Hard hitting with high defense, not to mention a straight up immunity to poison is pretty
sweet.

Nope, never played competitively.

Steven. Steven is stylish, down-to-earth, and just overall a pretty rad dude. He's who everyone probably thinks of when they think "Steel-type trainer."

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years

Lairon, Metang, and Aegislash

Although I love a vast majority of Steel-types, because of their usability and design, my favorite ones so far are Scizor and Steelix, tied. I didn't want to choose them as partners because those three are close to being my most faves.

Many cool-looking Pokémon, like Ferrothorn, Metagross, Aegislash, Klefki (don't kill me), and others. Also I love how resistant they are to many things.

I enjoy using them, particularly because of their resistance to Stealth Rock and immunity to Toxic. I enjoy using Klefki, Metagross, and Ferrothorn in battle.

Jasmine. She's just adorable, and I love how developed she is unlike Byron and Wikstrom.

6.(optional) Which move is your favorite? Why?

Occasionally, my favorite move is Heavy Slam. Otherwise, it's Meteor Mash because of its cool name and great side effects.

Years
1. Mawile, Dialga, and Empoleon
2. Mawile. Ever since I was a Pokemon fan, Pikachu has always bored me out. When I saw Mawile for the first time, it was beautiful. Its very unique and my friends tell me that I look like one, so it'll forever be my fave no matter what.
3. Steel types are tough and they're made out of steel. The only type made outta steel.
4. Hell yeah! I use PlayAction the Mawile and Overtime the Aggron in Ruby! They're a part of my team!
5. Byron. In the anime he's funny and laid back, not serious and mean like most gym leaders. The quotes he has are just priceless.
6. IRON HEAD!!!!

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Omg how come I am not in the Steel fan club yet?? :o

1. Pick 3 Partner Pokémon of the Steel Type: Aggron, Bastiodon, Steelix
2. Who is your favorite Steel Type? Why? I think It's Agrron. Why? Well my first ever favorite Pokemon was Rhydon, they kinda look alike... I almost always use my Agrron in battles :D
3. Why do you like the Steel Type? Honestly I don't know... An I am not a fan of all the Steel Pokemon. But I will always say this is one of my favorite type. I always end up having one on my team, mostly Aggron or Bastiodon. I like the design of most of them. They look badass haha
4. Did you ever use a Steel Type competitively? Which Pokémon and why? Like I said, Agrron and Bastiodon, mostly. I used Steelix a lot in the beginning but not so much now, dunno why. Bastiodon is a beast, he can take so many hits. Same for Aggron, and Mega Aggron is awesome! But they are slow, that's kinda sad.
5. Which Gym Leader and/or Elite Four do you like the most? Why do you like it? Jasmine is special for me. My friends say I am Jasmine because I love the Steel type hehe. I like how the sweet girly girl had Pokemon that looks so strong!
6.(optional) Which move is your favorite? Why? Iron Head, still god damages and a good chance to hit!

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
Well, I was in the other Steel-type fan club, so why not?

1. Pick 3 Partner Pokémon of the Steel Type Aron, Lairon and Aggron Aggron, Skarmory and Lucario
2. Who is your favorite Steel Type? Why? Aggron, just because it looks badass and I like it.
3. Why do you like the Steel Type? Why wouldn't you like the Steel type is the better question.
4. Did you ever use a Steel Type competitively? Which Pokémon and why? Well, there was that one time I used a Skarmory on my team, but I don't play competitively much so I can't really tell you.
5. Which Gym Leader and/or Elite Four do you like the most? Why do you like it? None of them because they all went down the same way. Deal with it.

Adam Levine

Years
Why is the Steel type so awesome?

Why is it awesome, you ask? It's because it has 10 resistances and an immunity to poison. Also, many of its members are so bulky. How isn't that awesome?

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Hey guys, any thought on Togedemaru, the newest steel type?

I love it! <3 I love electric AND steel1 Plus it's soooooo cute! :o Reminds me of a mini sandslash?? I hope it will evolve! (Even if I doubt so...)

wundrweapon

Memelord
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 11, 2016
1. Pick 3 Partner Pok?mon of the Steel Type: I'm limited to THREE?! Dang. Well, here's my picks - Metagross, Aggron, and Magnezone (honorable mentions go to Genesect, Steel-type Arceus, Scizor, Dialga, Registeel, and Aegislash (in no particular order))

2. Who is your favorite Steel Type? Why?: Metagross. Of the Steel-type Pokemon, I'd say Metagross has the most interesting Pokedex entries. Plus, it's a supercomputer

3. Why do you like the Steel Type?: When you think Steel-type,you think titanium wall. With their type-charts, these Pokemon are basically titanium walls. In addition, I find that Steel-type Pokemon have consistently good designs, whereas other types are iffy

4. Did you ever use a Steel Type competitively?: No, I don't play competitively

5. Which Gym Leader and/or Elite Four do you like the most? Why do you like it?: Byron. I don't know why, but his gym just fascinated me. And DANG was this guy a powerhouse! In fact, I liked him so well that, as a kid, I deleted my save to rename myself "BYRON"

6.(optional) Which move is your favorite? Why?: Probably Gyro Ball or Flash Cannon. Their names sound cool, their gen IV anims look cool, they're powerful, and to top it all off, they turn Scizor into some kind of b e a s t

wundrweapon

Memelord
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 11, 2016
To answer this week's questions:

1:How much do you like this Pok?mon (Skarmory) at a scale of 1 to 10?: Meh, maybe a 6 or 7
2:Do you think it's worth the Steel Type?: Yes
3:If you could change anything in its design or movepool, what would you change?: Design-wise, maybe a look that doesn't make me question its ability to fly would be suitable. As for move pools, I barely focus on them, so no comment
4:Did you ever use this Pok?mon competitively? Why did you (not) use it?: No, as I don't play competitively
5: Do you think Skarmory should get a (pre-)evolution? Why?: Pre-evolution, yes, as seeing this thing come out of an egg is confusing. Give 'em the ol' gen IV treatment. Regular evolution, probably not, as it looks pretty "fully evolved" to me

Adam Levine

Years
Let's just make a new topic.

What are your impressions on the new Sun and Moon Steel-type Pokémon?

Solgaleo is awesome. I mean just look at it!

Magearna is...alright. Not really the best design, but still cute.

TOGEDEMARU IS LIFE. It has Magnezone's typing, it has Ferrothorn's ability, it is a ROLLING MOUSE, and it has spikes. Togedemaru is both awesome and adorable.

wundrweapon

Memelord
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 11, 2016
My impressions on the S/M Steel-types...
Well, I certainly do like Solgaleo. Magearna is a neat concept imo. I really don't like Togedemaru. I like that it has Magnezone's type and I guess Ferrothorn's ability is neat, but the design just makes me mad. It looks like a Chinese knock-off brand Pachirisu, which is the Chinese knock-off brand of Pikachu, and the design doesn't tell me "Steel" in any way

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I have to disagree with sundrweapon, I reallt like Togedemaru. I feel like his part steel type make it a Pikaclone a bit more badass, I expect it to have greater defenses than the others. I can imagine thos Pokemon with spikes move which is always welcome.

But my favorite? The Ice Steel version os Sandslash!!! I live this Pokemon but it isn't the best, and a rype change is a lovely idea! Of course I love the form idea, like we can still have a regular version.

Mr. Showdown

Pokémon professor of the Showdin region
Years
Soooo..... Here are the questions in order to get in:

1. Steelix, agrron, sizor
2. Sizor, his mega evolution is awesome
3. It is my second favorite type, right behind ice
4. No not really
5. Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back