• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Pyrite

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
Hmm... I kinda had a feeling that was the problem, especially when I couldn't buy stuff like Abra. I'm gonna try to whittle down the coins by buying something more expensive. It'll take a while, but I really want an Espeon :D

I'm sorry about that. I have the event coded like,

If $PokemonGlobal.coins==1500

Then

etc.

when it should be $PokemonGlobal.coins>=1500

Noob coder at work :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2011
Glitch found.

I was playing your demo and got to the area where it sandstorms found a minor glitch that can ruin the game for players lol...pretty much using Team Rocket Watch while in the Desert causes Sandstorm graphics and in battle effect to become permenant >.< I had to reset the game to fix it....sorry if i sound bratty....btw If You need Legendaries and have a good sprite maker I have 2 Legendaries I'm giving away along with a few fakemons not me if you want the concept design I suck at spriting lolz...

thepsynergist

Years
I was playing your demo and got to the area where it sandstorms found a minor glitch that can ruin the game for players lol...pretty much using Team Rocket Watch while in the Desert causes Sandstorm graphics and in battle effect to become permenant >.< I had to reset the game to fix it....sorry if i sound bratty....btw If You need Legendaries and have a good sprite maker I have 2 Legendaries I'm giving away along with a few fakemons not me if you want the concept design I suck at spriting lolz...

I really DON'T need any legends in my game like I said. I just need a spriter for Xiades.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2013
The legendary looks, well, legendary. I myself have no spriting skills, but that fakemon would be a fantastic addition. Looking forward to it.

thepsynergist

Years
Ah, dang. I was going to use Pokemon Pyrite....

Whatever, that's why I am using amatite as a backup.

Keep it up, good work!

Lol, I've had that name for over a year :P

You're the third person that wanted my name. I chose it for a very good reason, its not just a random name. Pyrite is "Fool's Gold", and the main character is Silver. It's perfect. I had to take it. Thankfully no one had that name yet.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Glad I finally get to see what your fakemon actually look like. A lot of really awesome designs.

Took me a sec to realize (mostly by the name) that the Electric/Psychic one's a living SLOT MACHINE. ^_^

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years

You're the third person that wanted my name. I chose it for a very good reason, its not just a random name. Pyrite is "Fool's Gold", and the main character is Silver. It's perfect. I had to take it. Thankfully no one had that name yet.
Wow, pretty creative.

I'm usually not good at comming up with names
I just named mine Eevee Edition... because you have an eevee. XD

I remember my really old project. pokemon illusion. It wasn't actually until quaterway through the game I realised that the name has nothing to do with the game. so I started making a stupid plot about it.

anyways- everything looks great so far!

thepsynergist

Years
Thank you very much. I am now in the process of implementing Pre-Mask of Ice quests in the game. You will now fight the Mask of Ice grunts twice before meeting him on the ship. You will find out when you play the game.

I also made a fix to the quest system. It now properly saves quest progress (thank you CNG). I should have another demo by Christmas, progressing as far as Badge 7 with any luck. I need to work on school so my time on this project has been limited. Just letting everyone know so they don't think this project is dead. :P

P.S. I will put a request for someone to sprite Xiades for me. No one has messaged me at all. I am willing to help people with their game if someone does that. :(

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2013
I hope you find a good spriter, since the concept is phenomenal.

Another question: will all poke's be catchable?

thepsynergist

Years
I hope you find a good spriter, since the concept is phenomenal.

Another question: will all poke's be catchable?

I'll do my best to implement them as best as possible. But if I don't figure out a way, I'll just make them mystery giftable. I will not be adding Black and White pokemon as that would slow my work down too much. Just Gen 1-4. Hell i'd leave out 4 just to make it easier but people would be sad D:

Oh well, I'll figure it out. I've 3 regions to work with.

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
Years

Yet Riceeman had the name for a year before you did. But that didn't stop you?
He has had the name for longer, as you can see from his album he uploaded a image with the name Pyrite in 2008 the earliest deviance you have is from 2009.
I think may want to remove them name. Sorry to be such a bummer.

thepsynergist

Years

Yet Riceeman had the name for a year before you did. But that didn't stop you?
He has had the name for longer, as you can see from his album he uploaded a image with the name Pyrite in 2008 the earliest deviance you have is from 2009.
I think may want to remove them name. Sorry to be such a bummer.

I've been working on this game since 2008. I just didn't post a topic here since 2009. I looked in the entire showcase thread and didn't find anyone with this game. If he comes and asks me personally to change the name, then I will, but I don't even see any evidence of his work listed as such anywhere. If you google, "Pokemon Pyrite" you'll find that none of his work is listed at all. I'd say I have a standing on the name. But, if he wants me to change the name that badly, he should ask me himself. Just saying...

EDIT: I looked him up and he hasn't touched that project for over 2 years now. : /

thepsynergist

Years
I am going to be entering Luka S.J's Game of the Year contest on his site. I will release a new features video and a new demo in less than a week because of that. This new demo will include more Mask of Ice events that lead up to explain the Mask of Ice's true motives so that he will not just be an up in your face villain.

You will also meet Yellow after you get your 3rd badge and get your quest from Lance.

StonerMk2

Beginner RMXP User
Years
Played the demo and was impressed. Great work so far. Got past the first gym, took about an hour or so. Not sure if it was intentional but couldnt get back up the stairs. If it was, then hey good job on the content to that point, if not, well theres a bug for you.

Interested to see whats coming up.

[Edit] Nevermind on the italicized text. Didnt realize you had to press "A" to get back up the stairs.

thepsynergist

Years
Played the demo and was impressed. Great work so far. Got past the first gym, took about an hour or so. Not sure if it was intentional but couldnt get back up the stairs. If it was, then hey good job on the content to that point, if not, well theres a bug for you.

Interested to see whats coming up.

[Edit] Nevermind on the italicized text. Didnt realize you had to press "A" to get back up the stairs.

That was a small error on my part, easily fixed, but not enough to warrant a patch. I'm glad you like it.

Back