• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Dream Themes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Gym Badge Challenge: The Dream Themes

Dream Theme Challenges:
Enough Choices to Make It The Happiest Place on Earth

Intro: Welcome to my challenge thread where there is a lot more than 1 or 2 challenges with simple rules. Here there are many choices with different difficulty levels and fun combinations. Welcome to my party, you can have some awesome hardcore Pokemon Teams if you want to.

Rules / Notes: Unless otherwise stated, most of these challenges are considered completed once you defeat your game's E4, in HG/SS/H/S/C you have to have all 16 badges.

You may also suggest challenges for this thread. If I like it, it will be added to the list. When using this thread to suggest themes, make sure to read the other challenges in both my forum and others. I try to make themes based on fiction, other video games, or whatever floats into my head.

The requirements of each theme will be laid out in an order showing the challenger the required Pokemon, types, colors, egg groups etc. There might also be moves or types banned in the challenge so keep a look out for that.
Challengers, if the challenge you take up has move restrictions or requirements please update with your Pokemon's moveset I love reading frequent updates, but if your posting more than 3 images, or writing more than 4 paragraphs remember to use the /spoiler to shrink down the forum size a little.

You may use a hack for your challenge as long as it is completed enough that it has an Elite 4, or something that leads to the credits.

Unless the challenge requirements say otherwise trading and hacking are only allowed if none of the required Pokemon are available legally before the first gym.

Unless the challenge requirements say otherwise emulation is just fine.
In order to participate in this challenge you need to say your username or name you want to go by, the theme you are going with, and the pokemon you know will be your starter/first attained.
Unless the challenge says otherwise, no legendary Pokemon will be permitted.

BADGES / ROAD TO CHAMPIONSHIP: Each Challenge is worth a certain amount of badges, if you manage to get 8 you are the champion of this thread, of course if someone gets more badges than you than you shall be dethroned, but you get to remain in the Hall of Fame.

Hall of Fame

LaureTheLoner ~
fairyloredreamteme.png
fairyloredreamteme.png

Meri-tje ~
picture.php

pokepokemo ~
Volcano.gif

Luigi-San ~
Plainbadge.png

Champion

None have been found yet

The Challenges

Easy Challenges (Worth 1 badge Each)
Intro: These challenges are meant for the casual player who is just looking for something fun to do while replaying one of their favorite versions, so they can try a few Pokemon they haven't played with in a while.

Spoiler:

Average Challenges (Worth 2 badge Each)
Intro: These challenges are still no "Nuzelocke" but will result in several trips to the Pokecenter as you struggle to keep your team well balanced and strong as your moves, and even evolutions are restricted

Spoiler:

Hard Challenges (Worth 3 badge Each)
Intro: These are challenges where there is going to be hair pulling, angry resets, and many trips to the PC to maybe deposit your Pokemon forever.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
I'll join with the Adventure time theme!!!
I'll also be playing in Black!!

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
The Johto region for GSC doesn't have a Safari Zone, so should we use Kanto's? Obviously HG/SS has one, but GSC doesn't...

Years
The Johto region for GSC doesn't have a Safari Zone, so should we use Kanto's? Obviously HG/SS has one, but GSC doesn't...

It doesn't matter what game your playing you can pick any Safari Zone.

If you're playing Hoenn you can use the Kanto Safari Zone

But yeah if you're playing GSC your only choice would be Kanto

Unless the Safari Zones from future games has a good selection of 1st and 2nd gen pokes

cutiecasie

The Kanto girl with attitude!
Years
Wow! This looks great! I'm gonna do Nintendo Challenge in Fire Red. Is it alright if I hack in Treeko to use as Yoshi?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
A Nintendo challenge seems awesome right now. I won't sign up yet, as I'm not home right now, but I would just like to make some suggestions for it.

Peach seems to be very similar to Kirby. Maybe make it that Peach can be either a Pink Pokemon, or a Pokemon which is strictly female only. Also there should be a lot more themes for people to use, like Samus, Starfox, and various other characters like that. Also, you'd want to give more variety for Nintendo, since you don't have much there.

Years
Wow! This looks great! I'm gonna do Nintendo Challenge in Fire Red. Is it alright if I hack in Treeko to use as Yoshi?

As long as you hack it in before you get to Brock and only hack once it is fine D:

A Nintendo challenge seems awesome right now. I won't sign up yet, as I'm not home right now, but I would just like to make some suggestions for it.

Peach seems to be very similar to Kirby. Maybe make it that Peach can be either a Pink Pokemon, or a Pokemon which is strictly female only. Also there should be a lot more themes for people to use, like Samus, Starfox, and various other characters like that. Also, you'd want to give more variety for Nintendo, since you don't have much there.

I will make that female requirement right now it's a good idea, but as for your other suggestions I am thinking about apply it to a special Super Smash Bros. Theme I might be coming up with soon

cutiecasie

Years
Wait. So for Peach we have to use a female pokemon now? If so I will probably use Jynx,

Years
Wait. So for Peach we have to use a female pokemon now? If so I will probably use Jynx,

Still a pink Pokemon, it just has to be a female. :D

Now time for Laure's update:

Spoiler:

fairysave2.png

Oh and I'm still working on getting some badges and userbars

I was thinking that once someone completes a theme challenge they get a badge
5 badges you a completed your challenges at an ultimate level
but if you wanna be champion of this league you have to have the most badges, and if you want to knock a current champion off their spot you simply need more badges than them

cutiecasie

Years
Well then my team will be:

Mario= Charmeleon
Yoshi= Sceptile (hack in ASAP)
Peach= Clefable
Pikachu= Pikachu (tough choice to make)
Link= Scyther
Donkey Kong= Primeape

Will start later!

Brewds567

I'm dancing, I'm dancing!
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2014
How about this theme

Human Influence:
In our day and age where many things have a human influence its only fair we have a team based on this. You'll only be able to use geneticly engineered pokemon, pokemon that resemble household items (like all of rotoms forms or rotom itself) or pokemon that are "manmade" that arn't engineered. Deoxys and Mewtwo are the only legendarys you'll be able to use, however Deoxys may only be in his normal forme. Mewtwo can only learn one attacking move at a time. You cannot however use both only one. If you do decide to use one of them, they must know flash (like a flashlight). Heres a list of all the accetibale poke. (I'll just list all the finnaly evos of them you can use the NFEs)

Magneton
Porygon-Z
Shednija (as the only way to get him is by having a extra spot in your party when you evolve Nincada, which can only be done when owned by a trainer)
Rotom
Gengar ( gastly was once a pokemon who died, most likely because of a trainer)
Muk (Made out of pollution)
Unown ( omst likely came to be off of written language)
Deoxys (restrictions apply)
Mewtwo (restrictions apply)

If you have any suggetions just tell me and I hope you accept this as a theme LaureTheLoner

Years
How about this theme

Human Influence:
In our day and age where many things have a human influence its only fair we have a team based on this. You'll only be able to use geneticly engineered pokemon, pokemon that resemble household items (like all of rotoms forms or rotom itself) or pokemon that are "manmade" that arn't engineered. Deoxys and Mewtwo are the only legendarys you'll be able to use, however Deoxys may only be in his normal forme. Mewtwo can only learn one attacking move at a time. You cannot however use both only one. If you do decide to use one of them, they must know flash (like a flashlight). Heres a list of all the accetibale poke. (I'll just list all the finnaly evos of them you can use the NFEs)

Magneton
Porygon-Z
Shednija (as the only way to get him is by having a extra spot in your party when you evolve Nincada, which can only be done when owned by a trainer)
Rotom
Gengar ( gastly was once a pokemon who died, most likely because of a trainer)
Muk (Made out of pollution)
Unown ( omst likely came to be off of written language)
Deoxys (restrictions apply)
Mewtwo (restrictions apply)

If you have any suggetions just tell me and I hope you accept this as a theme LaureTheLoner

I like it, but what do you mean only one attacking move at a time
Would an example be Mewtwo knowing one direct move like psychic and than Flash, Recover, Calm Mind

Though I think Calm Mind would be a bad choice Mewtwo is always too strong of an Uber no matter what grrrrr

Brewds567

I'm dancing, I'm dancing!
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2014
Yeah that would be an example of what I mean. We could always restrict the attacking move to something that has a base power of 40-10. Something along those lines

Years
Yeah that would be an example of what I mean. We could always restrict the attacking move to something that has a base power of 40-10. Something along those lines

Awesome I'll write it in tomorrow on the challenges list

I would like to join with the adventure theme in Leaf Green.

P.S. Your challenges are awesome. I'll join others later.

Thank you :D I'll add you in soon as well

Well for me I'm going to be continuing my fairy adventure tonight since I have a fresh patch of Dr. Pepper and Glee playing on Netflix.

Unfortunately I just spent the last 5 hours trying to cure my precious computer of an evil virus, and I think I failed because it has a memory dump a lot of times when I try and do normal tasks hopefully this gets better and I don't lose my current Pokemon games before I finish my challenges. ;_;

cutiecasie

Years
Just an update to let you all know I've started. I just defeated my rival on route 22 my team is:

Mario the Hasty Charmander lv 9
Yoshi the Modest Treecko lv 9
DK the Jolly (:D) Mankey lv 7

Meri-tje

Cute Pokémon FTW!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 2, 2011
I'm in I'm in!

Pokémon legendary thingy on crystal

Suicune:

I picked the girl sprite, set the clock and all that stuff.
Named myself Meri, set the date and dst and went out.
I picked up my starter Totodile! (pure water type)
This time I won't go with nicknames.

I did the side quest, beat my rival and named him Leo.

PokemonCrystal1.png

I went onto route 30 and caught myself a female hoppip! (jumpluff is blue)

After going through Sprout Tower and easily beating the gym this is my team

PokemonCrystal2.png

I skipped all the trainers on the next route
Went through the cave while level Hoppip to 18
Hoppip evolved into Skiploom!
Now I'm waiting for Togepi to hatch and nightfall to catch Ghastly

Last edited:
Years
I'm not good at the detailed journey adventures
All I pretty much have to report is Kouga down
Sabrina Down
and oh you know how I beat Sabrina, oh yeah, Wigglytuff is a killer. Roll Out. Took out all Sabrina's Pokes
Yep
Excellent

Thumb nails Attached

See my Sippy cups in my sig? Yeah I know you're jealous D:

Aura (Wigglytuff) Lv. 56
Monarch (Butterfree) Lv. 48
Beatrice (Chansey) Lv. 50
Celestia (Clefable) Lv. 57

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
um, sorry i'll change into ruby

Well here's the first update:
-Named self Skree
-Got Torchic
-Beat May
-Accompanied Wally getting his Ralts (how did he level ralts up?it only knows growl!!)
-Got Wurmple
-Beat Magma Grunt
-Wurmple evolved
-Finally got to Rustboro and now Silcoon evolved! :) :)
Pokemon:
th_255.gif
-Lv 13-Ember,FocusEnergy,Scratch,Growl
th_267.gif
-Lv 10-Absorb,Poison Sting,Tackle,Harden

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back