• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Power, Wisdom, and Courage: The Legend of Zelda Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I forgot you even use the Spinner in there haha. That kinda makes sense, but still baffles me. Zelda is fun to think about...except the timeline. Thank goodness there is actually a canon timeline now.

Welcome to the club, 8BitSilence! I feel like I've seen you somewhe-- oh challenge banners in your sig...that explains it lol. King of Red Lions is awesome. I remember being immature and thinking it was so funny that I had been riding in the king through the game lol. Young Link is awesome too. It's nice to know other people started Zelda because of him in Melee. XD

And yeah, I'll make sure to post the RNG project when I'm done, or link to it since it's also going in the RNG Club. :>

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
Username: コナンくん.
Favorite LoZ game: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Triforce Section: Courage :)

- LoZ:OoA is my first, than OoT3D, but Skyward Sword was like mind blown to me, mainly due to the fact i love flying, I would want to own a Loftwing. :) I would want a green colored Loftwing :).

~Harmony

Female Brass Musician
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2012
The Bongo Bongo thing weirded me out when I was a kid. It was some like freaky drummer or something to me. I had no idea what he was supposed to be exactly, but I was freaked out by drums for awhile:paranoid: If it was some sort of drums, maybe the Bongo thing playing it was supposed to bring attention to its cut-off hands.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
He apparently hums a song too. I've never been able to hear it because he's drumming, there's boss music, and I'm too busy, you know, fighting him. lol

Welcome to the club japanesetextthatidontfeellikecopypasting! :) I love your theme. I'm such a sucker for SS Link ughhh. I think I'll just stare at your sig all night. so qt kekeke.

8bitSilence

"I HAVE FURY!"
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
I'm such a sucker for SS Link ughhh.

My mind still hasn't been set to where "SS=Skyward Sword".
I always think "SS=Soul Silver" lol.
So Sydian's post really confused me until I realized, "Oh, wait, this is the Zelda fan club..." [/fail]

Anyway, I've yet to even SEE any gameplay of SS. It looks cool from what I can tell.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I forgot you even use the Spinner in there haha. That kinda makes sense, but still baffles me. Zelda is fun to think about...except the timeline. Thank goodness there is actually a canon timeline now.

Going back to this, I just saw the canon timeline recently and there are some things that don't really make any sense and it seems like they just threw it together, but oh well. I still think that the 2way Split theory makes the most sense, but that's just me.

Welcome japanesetext! What does your username mean?

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Jumping back in with a reply to earlier posts:

What also intrigues me is how the temples throughout the different games link to each other. The most remarkable one is the Temple of Time. Keeping only in mind the one thingy that links them all, The Master Sword, the temple of Time in Ocarina of Time seems closest to Hyrule Castle in WW, whereas Sealed/Hylia's Temple compares better to Twilight Princess' Temple of Time and a Link to the Past's Pedestal of Time. Some theories speculate on how the Master Sword was moved throughout the ages, but that seems somewhat farfetched in my oppinion.

What I am inclined to believe, however, is Lanayru Temple of Time -> Spirit Temple -> Arbiter's Grounds. Not only to the ST and AG both feature the Sand Goddess (?) with the Snake, AG and LTOT both feature a mirror-like portal to a different realm (time/space) and the ST forces you to travel through time to complete it (that and the mirror shield /shot'd). It's also not hard to believe that criminals were judged in the temples of the desert. With the tumultous history of Lanayru of war and what not... you could also think that the Gerudo (and their ancestors) weren't kind with intruders and sent them to be judged before the Sand Goddess. As a final, there's the Arbiter's Grounds where criminals were judged (see Ganondorf, right there, though that was OoT in TP |D). I don't know what to make of the Arbiter's grounds... it's got a mix of a prison, a place of death (redeads/poes) and a sacred place.

My guess about the Shadow Temple is that it's more of a mausoleum/prison than an actual temple (or that the temple/place of prayer is restricted to the first room with all the torches). We shouldn't forget that the Shadow Temple is directly linked to Hyrule's Bloody History of War.... War is a horrible time... so it's not hard to imagine that the Shadow Temple and the Well were used for horrible things. BT

Big Tree (SS) - > Great Deku Tree (OoT) -> Forest Temple (TP)? 8D;

I'm not a fan of the 3-split timeline either.... that's my biggest concern about the offical timeline. I don't like the idea that there's a probable time line. It creates the thought that those games could have never happened. And though I support the idea that a hero might fail, I don't think OoT Link is the one that should bear the responsability for the triple split. Maybe the Link before him, but not OoT Link... OoT Link doesn't fail.

And Japanese Username's username reads as Konankun. ;3

~Harmony

Female Brass Musician
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2012
Ew I don't even want to begin talking about timeline theories. We could be here all day haha.

From what I see, there are a lot of different ones, hence the word "theory." I guess it depends on what you think and how long you will sit there and logic things out. All I know for sure is Wind Waker is one of the more modern times in the timeline. I haven't played that game for awhile sadly, but wasn't Hyrule drowned away after Link defeated Ganon at some point? This makes me push this game farther down the timeline for sure. But the other games..... I have no clue where to put them.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
But now that there actually is a canon timeline, the theories are kinda put to rest...unless you think they're better and still believe in them haha. I just find it funny that the first two games are at the end of one of those timelines. Ironic. And I agree, OoT Link never fails! Though I always found it odd OoT wasn't the first in the timeline. With SS (and a few others that I don't remember atm) being in front of it, I just find it weird. I know there were wars before in Hyrule, but that's about as much backstory you get to the events before OoT, so I felt like it was safe to believe it was first. And when you consider most others Links get Hero's Clothes and it's like "this blah was worn by the ancient hero of blah and the blah blah" but noooo you have a Kokiri Tunic in OoT, implying you have the first and original, because you didn't get it because of a certain occasion or whatever. I'm thinking too much about something trivial like a tunic lol. Now that I've watched SS and all, it makes sense that it's first, but...ughhh. /stanning for OoT

And yeah I can see the Shadow Temple being used for that thing. I'm too lazy to look up what a temple actually means, I just think of it as a sanctuary, and obviously the Shadow Temple is not a sanctuary. lol

Anyway, I've yet to even SEE any gameplay of SS. It looks cool from what I can tell.

Go watch NintendoCapriSun's LP! That's what I've been watching. :) My favorite LPer. He's done most Zelda games actually. His OoT LP is my favorite.

8bitSilence

"I HAVE FURY!"
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Thanks, I'll check it out. :D

Anyway, I pretty much gave up trying to understand the Zelda timeline when I first heard that there were 3 separate timelines, along with all these theories and what-not. But you say there's an official canon timeline now, so I'll have to look into that.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Spoiler:

^That right there. BT Added Miyamoto for fun. |D;

I can follow/understand most of the places some of the games were put in... but as said before, I would have liked the third timeline to be placed elsewhere.
The Hero's clothes is also something I've been thinking about. (You're not the only one to indulge themselves into the world behind the games, Sydian. ;3)
TP and WW are, as far as I know, the only games where it's actually mentioned that the Green Tunic is something special, whereas OoT and SS give an origin story. In the other games the green tunic is just kinda there. I long thought that OoT was one of the first as well, and it's the first game to establish some key features in the Hyrulean lore.
Hyrule was well develloped since then, in a lot of the earlier games (Lttp not included) it's a bit of a chaotic place.

Part of me believes that when they started to make the Legend of Zelda games, no one of the devellopers had any idea about how great the series would become. It started as just any fantasy A/RPG... and it wasn't until later when they realised how big it /could/ get that they actively starting thinking about Hyrule's history and culture...
Making the Triforce a divine gift of three goddesses kind of put the first games on the sidelines... and therefore they are somewhere in the dark corners of the timeline...
I haven't played the first games yet, so I'm just speculating based on things I heard here and there.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, I'm sure Miyamoto didn't want to pull a George Lucas on us haha. So looking at the timeline, although it doesn't seem to come together and make sense in some spots, we have to remember that the older games were either incapable of holding a heavy storyline, and they probably didn't think Zelda would have lasted this long. But I'm glad it did. :) Now later Zelda games have room to actually contribute to the timeline in a way that makes sense. I don't think they really started to think about it and make an attempt to bring it together till OoT, considering that's where a lot of things in proceeding Zelda games came from. Certain dungeon formulas, items, etc. were all borrowed. And TONS of characters in MM's case! Weeeeeeeee I love OoT being so fierce. I should hug it. Though I find it weird 4SA is at the end of it, but 4S is in the part before the split? Ummm? I never played either of them though, since they're both kind of difficult to play without proper equipment or more players (I AM REALLY LONELY GUYS) so I always felt like it shouldn't be included since I can't be the only one that didn't have access to it. I'm sure tons of others didn't either.

Also ewww adult timeline. :( -doesn't like the DS titles-

8bitSilence

"I HAVE FURY!"
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013

Whaaat? D:

I loved the Great Sea in WW and PH. Possibly because I live in Arizona, where there is ABSOLUTELY NO WATER ANYWHERE lol. And because PH was actually the first Zelda game I ended up buying. Although I didn't really like the Spirit Train. I don't like trains.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Nooo. I LOVE Wind Waker! The DS titles just always seemed like a pain in the butt to play. XD I'm not a fan of using the touch screen for basic commands. I also don't like motion control that much. -sits around with a controller in hand-

8bitSilence

"I HAVE FURY!"
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Ah, ok. Lazy. :P The touch screen controls felt really natural imo.
Oh, and I've been watching that SS LP you mentioned, it looks pretty cool. Nothing in the videos so far that makes me want to go buy the game for myself, but maybe when I watch more of it I'll be motivated enough.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I totally understand that feeling. I felt the same when I was watching his LP and I found my selling point pretty late, and it's a major plot point, so I won't say what it is haha. But I hate that it took me that long to get interested in the game and actually want to buy it for myself. There are just some really tedious things in there. And the thing about me is that when I watch someone play a game, I feel like I have to do it exactly like them. lol

~Harmony

Female Brass Musician
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2012
Nooo. I LOVE Wind Waker! The DS titles just always seemed like a pain in the butt to play. XD I'm not a fan of using the touch screen for basic commands. I also don't like motion control that much. -sits around with a controller in hand-

I HATED the DS games. When I first started playing PH, I kept mashing on the control pad until I realized the stylus alone made Link move. It really annoyed me. I'm just an old enough gamer that not using a control pad or stick really bothered me.

I ended up selling that game... cannot ever see myself parting with any other of my Zelda games. I still have the special golden DS though :P

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I haven't played an of the DS games either, though as a Zelda fan, I should at one point at least try them, no? BT Which one would you advice to me first? Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks?

I think the half of the beauty of Skyward Sword is actually being able to do it yourself. You say your selling point was a turning point (I think I might have an idea about which one it is) pretty late in the game, but I Loved the first half of the game. Adventuring all by yourself, discovering things... it's all part of the experience. I remember being "astonished" when the 'sapphire' didn't turn out to be a 'sapphire'. |D
Oh, and whoever says that the Silent Realms are their least favourite part of the game, I disagree. \o/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back