• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Nuzlocke Challenge

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Update for Prism once again. Have the next few parts recorded just working on editing and uploading them. Expect a new update daily for a little while :]

Challenge
Spoiler:
Episode #29
Spoiler:

BugTypeAficionado

Bug types are so hi-technicaaaal!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
Welcome to episode 2...aka, the finale.

Progress
Spoiler:

Current Team
Spoiler:

The Fallen
Spoiler:

There were some points where I got careless, and that definitely cost me the run in the scope of it all. I'll need to do this again some time and restore some of my dignity...but I think I'll try out some different challenges first.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Took on the first Elite Four member in Prism :]

Updated: Took on the second member as well :]

Challenge
Spoiler:
Episode #30
Spoiler:
Episode #31
Spoiler:

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Last two Elite Four members down and out. Next update will have the champion battle! :]

Challenge
Spoiler:
Episode #32
Spoiler:
Episode #33
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Pave Low2

Everything
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 14, 2018
LeafGreen Nuzlocke - Complete

First thing I should say is I got absolutely carried through the E4. If it wasn't for Dragonite, Slowbro and Gengar there is no way I would have completed the challenge. I was going to consider picking up the Eevee in Celadon but then realised I could buy a Dratini instead. I had to hoard quite a bit of money but I was finally able to go back and get one and I'm happy I did. I had three high-level Pokemon and the rest were underlevelled so had to grind wild Pokemon battles with Gastly and Dratini. I was pretty sure I was going to stick with 5 of the Pokemon in my party shortly after; Charizard, Pidgeot, Dragonair, Haunter and Beedrill, but Beedrill became a bit unreliable and my 6th member kept being killed off. It wasn't until late game where I picked up Slowbro and then eventually Marowak from Victory Road that I had solidified my team. At this point, I was aware of my rival's Pokemon and the E4 teams so I just made sure I was capable of beating them and had plenty of Full Restores stocked up. I spent about 2 hours getting some of my stronger Pokemon up to scratch. But once I began the E4 battles the reliance on Slowbro, Gengar and Dragonite was unbelievable. Many times I jammed some battles by having Slowbro tank moves, do a fair amount of damage and just heal then repeat. Dragonite definitely became a huge part in the last couple E4 battles but Gengar was deadly throughout. The Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Nightmare and Shadow Ball combo was deadly and I had made sure to feed it a lot of Carbos to get a Hypnosis in straight away when I could. Lost Pidgeot and Marowak during early E4 battles but they weren't much use at their level anyway.

Team

Spr_3f_006.png

Kek | Level 51 w/ Blaze
Bashful
Earthquake | Blast Burn
Flamethrower | Slash

Spr_3f_149.png

Cersei | Level 62 w/ Inner Focus
Serious
Surf | Outrage
Ice Beam | Wing Attack

Spr_3f_094.png

Le Gasp | Level 55 w/ Levitate
Serious
Hypnosis | Nightmare
Shadow Ball | Dream Eater

Spr_3f_080.png

Usain Bolt | Level 52 w/ Oblivious
Brave
Blizzard | Headbutt
Psychic | Surf

Spr_3f_018.png

Qwerty | Level 43 w/ Keen Eye
Brave
Tackle | Featherdance
Fly | Quick Attack

Spr_3f_105.png

Xylophone | Level 47 w/ Rock Head
Sassy
Double-Edge | Bonemerang
Thrash | Strength

Screens:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
And now for the champion battle! :]

Challenge
Spoiler:
Episode #34
Spoiler:

metroid711

Thumbs up~
Years
Yo!
First Nuzlocke on the forum for me so im gonna do my favorite gen
Username; metroid711
Game: Theta Emerald EX ( hack of Emerald with 4th gen to 6th gen pokemon added)
Single/Ultimate: Single
Optional Rules:
Must nickname all pokemon
Dupes clause

Last edited:

metroid711

Thumbs up~
Years
Yo!
First update:
Spoiler:

Deaths: 2

Cheers!

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Started Dark Rising today, got my starter Pokemon and did a lot of the beginning stuff :]

Challenge
Spoiler:
Episode 1:
Spoiler:
Current Team:
147.png

Postman the Dratini @Dragon Fang
Level 14 | Male | Naughty | Shed Skin
Swift | Dragonbreath | Thunder Wave | Whirlpool
Boxed:
Spoiler:
Deaths:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

metroid711

Thumbs up~
Years
Yo!
Update 2- The first gym

Spoiler:

Deaths:2
Badges:1

Cheers!

metroid711

Thumbs up~
Years
Yo!
Update Three!

Spoiler:

Team Recap:
Spoiler:

Deaths: 2
Badges: 2

Anyway thats all for now

Cheers!

Last edited:

metroid711

Thumbs up~
Years
Yo!
Update Four!

Spoiler:

Team Recap:
Spoiler:

Deaths: 3
Badges: 3

Cheers!

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Part 2 of Dark Rising is here, got our first encounters today :]

Challenge
Spoiler:
Episode 2:
Spoiler:
Current Team:
147.png

Level 15 | Male | Naughty | Shed Skin
396-f.png

Roselina the Starly
Level 13 | Female | Bold | Keen Eye
Pursuit | Wing Attack | Quick Attack | Growl
524.png

Core the Roggenrola
Level 6 | Male | Careful | Sturdy
Tackle | Harden
Boxed:
Spoiler:
Deaths:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
Username: Knost
Challenge: Single
Version: Red
Rules: ***All Optional Rules in Red***
1. Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released (or boxed).
2. You cannot buy any items. (unless it is to trigger an in game event you need to progress in the game or it is an evolutionary item)
3. You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
4. A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
5. Battle type is SET.
6. You can catch whatever you want.
7. At the end of the game you must catch all of the legendaries to win.
8. No Duplicate Captures.
9. You can use HM slaves for moving around, but if you use one in battle it is an automatic game over.
10. None of the Pokémon in your party should ever be a higher than the Ace Pokémon of the next gym when you ENTER said gym. If a Pokémon is in violation of this rule it will not listen to you until the gym is defeated..
11. The number of Pokémon you may have in your party and boxes combined (including the death box) at any time is determined by the number of Gym Badges you have obtained plus one. (For example you can only have two Pokémon in your party once you have obtained your first Gym badge)

I'll post an update later tonight! :)

UPDATE #1
-Chose Charamander and named him RED!
-Cleared Viridian Forest and defeated my Rival, Gary, with RED Level 12!
-Found Potion x4, Pokeball X1, Antidote x2
-Beat the first Trainer in Petwer City Gym.
-Took out the Geodude easily as it Defense Curled twice and Red burned it twice forcing Brock to Full heal it instead of attack. Went blow for blow with Onix down to 13 Hp until Onix decided to screech and missed. RED took the opportunity and killed the Onix with a crit!
-Obtained the Boulder Badge!
-Decided to catch a Pikachu only have one Pokeball...wish me luck!
-Well...I couldn't hit the Pikachu so I just threw the ball at it and it broke out...not good. Hopefully I get another Pokeball soon.

UPDATE #2
-Made it through mount moon with Red and found a good amount of items.
-Found great ball! Outside Mount Moon hidden in the dirt!
-Gary met me at the bridge in Cerulean City and demanded a battle. I had to use two potions to make it through the battle but Red survived on 14 hp. That pikachu would've been very helpful...and I'm going to regret losing those potions.
-Had some close calls on the nugget bridge. Pidgey and their sand attacks nearly ended my run as I refused to use another item, but we survived. RED is level 22 now and he needs some help. I've been told a grass Pokémon can be found on this route. Hopefully the great ball does its job.
-Luckily for me the levels of wild Pokémon are high here so Red was able to do a little damage. Caught an Oddish and named it Decay!
-Training up Decay I had to swap RED in to save Decay from an early death. RED survived on 2 HP! I've got to be more careful. Items are important, but I can't let RED or Decay die protecting them.
-Got Decay to Level 20, but had to use items...
I now have Potions x3, Antidote x2, Ether X1 for healing
-Cerulean City Gym next up...Red Level 24, Decay Level 20

UPDATE #3
-Not paying attention I didn't notice the Drowzee I was battling had confused my Charamander. After hitting itself in confusion Hypno got a critical hit, killing RED, and then poor Decay stood no chance.
-Locke ended early. I'll try again soon.

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Episode 3 of Dark Rising is here :]

Challenge
Spoiler:
Episode 3:
Spoiler:
Current Team:
147.png

Level 18 | Male | Naughty | Shed Skin
524.png

Core the Roggenrola
Level 18 | Male | Careful | Sturdy
Rock Blast | Harden | Mud-Slap | Headbutt
517.png

Somnus the Munna
Level 7 | Male | Calm | Synchronize
Defense Curl | Psywave
Boxed:
Spoiler:
Deaths:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
Username: Knost
Challenge: Single
Version: Red
Rules: ***All Optional Rules in Red***
1. Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released (or boxed).
2. You cannot buy any items except TM's.. (Or unless it is to trigger an in game event you need to progress in the game or it is an evolutionary item)
3. You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
4. A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
5. Battle type is SET.
6. You can catch whatever you want.
7. At the end of the game you must catch all of the legendaries to win.
8. No Duplicate Captures.
9. You can use HM slaves for moving around, but if you use one in battle it is an automatic game over.
10. None of the Pokémon in your party should ever be a higher than the Ace Pokémon of the next gym when you ENTER said gym. If a Pokémon is in violation of this rule it will not listen to you until the gym is defeated..
11. The number of Pokémon you may have in your party and boxes combined (including the death box) at any time is determined by the number of Gym Badges you have obtained plus one. (For example you can only have two Pokémon in your party once you have obtained your first Gym badge)

I'll post an update later! :)

ATTEMPT #2

UPDATE #1
-Chose Charamander and named him RED!
-Cleared Viridian Forest and defeated my Rival, Gary, with RED Level 13!
-Found Potion x4, Pokeball X1, Antidote x2
-Beat the first Trainer in Petwer City Gym on 10 Hp as RED had a tough time with the faster Diglett.
-Took on Gym Leader Brock! Took out his Geodude with about half health left. Onix used bide outspending RED right before he used Ember! RED dropped down to 8 health so I had to use a Potion which was unfortunate, but RED finished off the Onix with a CRIT and took the match for us!
-Obtained the Boulder Badge!
-Per the rules I can now catch another member for the team!
-After disastrously missing catching Pikachu my last attempt I decided to catch a Clefairy as it coul take a hit! Again I only have ONE Pokeball at this point and I can't buy any items so wish me luck!
Should I have gone for a male Nidoran?)
-Caught Clefairy and named her TINKER! Found a MOON STONE!

CURRENT TEAM

-RED-
(Trying to find PNG images)

-TINKER-

Last edited:
Back