• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

H20 ~ The Science Club

SummerSkies

is a budgie.
Years
Hello, I would like to join this club.

My favorite branch of science is biology. I'm still in high school, but I hope to get into an environmental science, zoology, ecology, or some form of a biology major in college. I love biology because I am interested in how living organisms work, improving the environment, I love animals, and so many other reasons. I am currently in a honors biology class. I'm not the biggest fan of physics or chemistry because I am not good at math. I still find physics and chemistry interesting.

I'm not a big fan of dissecting animals. It just hurts my heart to see animals dissected for science. If the animal had died naturally, I guess I would be okay dissecting the animal.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2012
I have disected many things before. I hate the thought of the animal dying unnaturally, but I can't help but enjoy the disection process. I do hope no animal was inappropriately killed for science, especially since I've disected

A frog, cows brain, sheeps eye, worm, crawfish, an entire pig, a salmon, a seagull, and a catfish.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
@ Alex - yEs! That's why I love Chemistry as well. And awesome joke, haha.

I guess I have enough of a scientific mind to not really think it's "evil" to kill animals for the sake of science. Humans favor the wellbeing of our own species above others. As do every other species too! So if testing things on animals can help our own species grow healthier or more prosperous, then I can totally agree with doing it. As long as it is really done out of necessity and since there was no similarly good way to test the thing out. And as long as the animals aren't in more pain than they need to - preferably no pain at all. Because animals can feel pain, there's no doubt about it.

When I read philosophy, I heard that there was some way of classifying life and the worth of different species depending on how much pain they felt. Horses, dogs and other animals like that were high up while mice and insects and fish were low. I'm not sure how accurate that really is. Never was that kind of biologist.

Please, nobody hate me for speaking well about animal testing now :p I still don't like animals to be treated badly. I'm just explaining my view on things from an evolutionary perspective.

Back