• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Helix Fossil or Dome Fossil?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
yx9Wt9q.png

In Mt. Moon you were given a choice between obtaining Kabuto or Omanyte. Which did you end up choosing and why?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
They're both Rock/Water types. Omanyte is a bit sturdier in terms of Defense(but that speed...) while Kabuto is arguably faster and has a sick evolution form. The dealbreaker is that Kabuto learns/knows the Slash attack, a pretty powerful attack that also has a very high chance to critically hit. It also learns a Grass Type move in Absorb which makes it a bit unique in that regard. Neither of them can learn Rock Type moves... which begs the question why they're Rock Types in the first place.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I keep accidentally picking Helix instead of Dome because I keep forgetting which one belongs to Kabuto. I prefer Kabuto, but the name Helix Fossil sounds so nice so Omanyte takes that one.

(Praise Helix)

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
Years
I end up Choice Dome because My Cousin Suggestion Being An Offense Pokemon ( Since I Trainer type focus on offensive).

But For name is Helix.It has Wonderful Name ( I see why so many people praise Helix)

Years
When I first played Red I picked Helix fossil since it sounded cooler, however I had no idea which one it was, I knew of Kabuto and Omastar, and I wanted Kabutops, just because I thought he looked badass

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Easily Helix! The Lord is always #1 of Kanto :) Plus Omanyte is kind of a lot cooler than Kabuto and his evolution. They seem creepy tbh.

Back