• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Making

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2007
I've been using sphere lately. Its a great game program and it's free. It requires more actual programming(in javascript) then RPG Maker but because of that its a lot more flexible.

Spinda

Shiny Spindas!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 17, 2007
What programs do you use to make games?

I use RPGM2k and RPM2K3

Also if your program can run on Windows98 let me know plz

Same as. Pokemon Amethyst is an almost completed addition.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 10, 2007
I'm using RPG Maker XP. It's a really good program that alows you to make many things!

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
Years
Game Making is judt a hobby for most people here, it doesn't matter if you can't complete it, it is good enough if you could do something substancial with it, and if you might want to continue doing it even later.

alx_masher

I ain't that bad!
Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2011
I once used rpg2k3 but i quit because i had a hard time figuring out the original battle system AND i will NEVER return to rpg2k3 again because i don't really know why.

Anyways, I'm currently using Visual Basic and i am learning how to use FLASH MX. If you want something that works with win98, use rpg2k or 2k3 or Visual Basic for more advanced games.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
oh yeah but basic RPG's are great to use with rm2k3 i will be posting one soon so look out for it

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2007
I'm trying to do a online card game with Sphere, but it's a long process :(.
But I found Sphere a good tool to program game systems

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I use RPG Maker 2003 to make my games because I have the most experience with it. I have since released 3 demos and currently on my fourth game with the program and would recommand it to both newbies and people who have experience with other game making tools.
And as DrCoolSanta said, gaming making is just a hobby so enjoy it and have fun, and hopefully other people will be able to enjoy your game in the future.

Eh...
I think I've been using it since around 2004 and pretty much stuck with it. I've played around in Game Maker 6, Sphere and RMXP but still went back to RPG Maker 2003. Again, the reason why I stuck with it was because I have experience with it and just felt at ease using it, but I'm not one of those people who loves RM2k3 and slams every other maker.

I say that you should try each of th main gaming making tools at least once, spend about a day or so messing around with them and see what suits your style.

Back