• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is this- this YOUTUBEZ everybody's talkin' about?

How often do you go on Youtube?

• Every Day (or at least every time I use the internet)

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Often, but not always

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Rarely, just watch it when i feel like it.

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Never. YouTube sucks.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Do you often go on YouTube?
It's actually one of the main page that opens up when I open my browser :P

If so, what types of videos do you watch? News, shows, gaming, music, or just random stuff you enjoy?
Comedy, game & movie reviews

What Youtubers do you normally watch?
James Rolfe, also known as Angry Video Game Nerd :)

His videos are just amazing. His 12 to 30 minutes long reviews of videos are long but I can spend a whole day just watching them. I actually did a AVGN game review marathon once and I'm doing it again because I just can't get enough of his awesome videos. Not only he does reviews of games he also does reviews of movies and he gives out very nice trivias about games and movies with his friend Mike Matei and also reviews board games with his other friend Bootsy Bill :)

Avenge

Me
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2013
Of course! I go on every time I use my computer. It's my homepage. xP

If so, what types of videos do you watch? News, shows, gaming, music, or just random stuff you enjoy?
I watch mostly Minecraft, comedy stuff , gaming , and movie reviews.

A bunch of the Youtubers who do Minecraft , JeremyJahns (movie reviewer) , PewDiePie ,
GameGrumps , AwesomeAlanna. There's a ton more but these are the ones I watch the most.

Years
Yes I do, it's the best place to see cool videos on the internet!

I usually watch music, comedy stuff and Pokemon LP's.

There is one I specifically love to watch - Marriland. He's a Pokemon Let's Player and his informative commentary with comedic elements is what gets me hooked onto his videos!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
Oh, cool, a mini Q&A.

Very often. I consume more time in watching YouTube videos than I do in watching shows on television.

Primarily I'm into watching gaming-related videos such as gameplay and commentaries, reviews, and the like, but sometimes I use it as a vice to listen to music, or watch videos with comedic purpose such as pranks or YouTube Poops.

In no particular order: penguinz0, OwnagePranks, GameFails, JamesNintendoNerd, and videogamedunkey.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I go on YouTube often, but not all the time. I mostly go on to watch TV episodes, hilarious videos of YouTubers like JinnyBoy TV, Nigahiga, MysteryGuitarMan and Peter Chao, listen to music, watch music videos, watch seasons of singing/talent competitions like The Voice and Britain's Got Talent, videos that show me how to do stuff and many random, random videos that I come across. I usually go on when I'm bored or just driven by a spontaneous urge, and hours and hours slip by before I know it. Oh, and the comments section can be pretty amusing sometimes lol.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years
I spend a lot of time of YouTube. I big into the gaming stuff mostly Sports Community, MineCraft, Volgs and Pokemon. Some of my favs Youtubers are iJevin, iPodKingCarter, Gamefacestudio, Qjb, The HodgeTwin, Some Workout stuff Quil18, TheYoungTurks, AlphaOmageSin, & Hartbeat

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Most of the time I go to Youtube to listen to music.

Or sometimes watch some clips about Pokemon, Interesting things in Science and, Funny Videos. :3

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
You'll usually find me watching these random Japanese mashup videos, listening to various songs, or crawling for subtitled episodes of a broad range of anime. I used to be into game-related videos (such as Borderlands chest guides, Pokemon videos etc.), but we've grown apart.

Years
I'm on YouTube every day checking for what new material my subscribed channels may have uploaded. It's become a habit to click my YT bookmark every few hours, though only a small portion of my day is spent watching videos, especially now that they have buffering issues for some people (which sadly includes me). :<

I watch many different things - LPs, jvlogs, cat/pet videos, animations, and etc. My favorite people are meaphe, chuggaconroy, smosh, jacksfilms, and Ciaela, though there are many more. :D

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I'm one of the few people who could probably live without YouTube. I don't listen to a lot of music and I don't subscribe to a lot of people so I very rarely go on it. Some videos that are out there are really awesome though, but I feel like it kind of lost its touch since everyone with a smart phone and/or video camera and their grandmother post the most random 20 second videos of themselves and it suffocates the good stuff.

But I do like watching let's plays once in a while.

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
I go on it every week or two. Generally, I only really watch a few gaming channels, and the rest are TF2 GMod/SFM video creators (I recommend 69Starmix96; his videos are so silly I honestly think he was mentored by RubberFruit).
However, I despise the majority of mainstream Let's Players outside of the Pokémon community and Valve community. More specifically, I despise PewDiePie. His voice is whiny, and his usual video rotation is: scaree game OMFG DDDD:, SO ORIGINALLLL SLENDER and ermahgerd happee wheelz!!!! I think his videos are what killed the creepypasta community, as he played Slender so often people started looking at creepypastas (read: people as in 10-year-olds) thought OMGGG this is so scary and then started creating sub-par creepypastas and a bunch of horrible fanart involving the Slenderman. lately I've had to resort to visiting websites such as 4chan (which, I'm 13, so, you know, it's probably not the best idea) to actually feel any chills from creepypastas/scary stories.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I often have it open but it does suck. One can no longer even click on a particular video time, even if it is supposedly buffered, without the entire video object reloading. I only have subscriptions so I know whose videos I like; I don't watch their videos as they come out. I'm also in the process of uploading an Uprising campaign playthrough for the purpose of cultural documentation, ie. because nobody else has done it.

Years
Every day, every minute, every single time I open my browser, and I watch everything that just comes to my mind.

Teanji

Wielder of the Sol Blade!
Years
Personally frequent YouTube everyday, but then I run my own Channel, so that's to be expected. Doesn't help that I'm subscribed to over 110 people xD.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
What I often DONT LIKE ABOUT YOUTUBE ISN'T the content creators! IT'S THE STUPID COMMENTERS

I couldn't agree more, especially the grammar mistakes, as well as the comments that look like you have to read it in one breath. another thing is those bot things that get thumbs up on their comment which is usually linked to a virus. I will agree however, some comments can be legendary.

All the time. Mostly when I have nothing to do.

Comedy, Games, Music, LP's (Sometimes)

There is quite a lot that I do watch. Yogscastrythian, Sips and Sjin, Tyranee, Retsupurae, MissHannahMinx, SSoHPKC, and most recently Anastasiya Shpagina.

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
~ Do you often go on YouTube?
Everyday. I may not watch something each time, but I still stay logged in.
~ If so, what types of videos do you watch?
MVs, reviews, the occasional LP
~ News, shows, gaming, music, or just random stuff you enjoy?
music mostly, followed by gaming, reviews, the occasional Asian show (if it's not blocked, complete, and includes subtitles).
~ What Youtubers do you normally watch?
I have sooooo many subscriptions. I'm subscribed to the major Asian recording companies, friends and acquaintances, channels that reupload vocaloid and utau stuff from niconicodouga, LP-ers, reuploaders from Channel Awesome...
~ Do you go on another video sharing website, like DailyMotion of Vimeo?
Only if there's a video I'm looking for that can't be watched on youtube (usually due to copyright from a recording company *cough*Avex*cough*), or it's TGWTG, AVGN, or an Asian drama (which is on dramafever or viki and hosted on other players but idk what they are).

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Every time I go online, I always go to YouTube. Usually I just watch videos of Ryan Higa (nigahiga or HigaTV), Jack Douglass (jacksfilms or jackisanerd), Jenna Marbles (JennaMarbles or JennaMarblesVlog) and other funny people.

Back