• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction of the Week (info and listing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
note: The Fanfiction of the Week has been replaced by the Fanfiction of the Month

Fanfiction of the Week
Requirements and Information
Contributions by Tetsuya-san

Qualifications:- Properly written fanfics. This includes grammar, punctuation, etc. Description and sticking to story standards works.
- Length. A story qualifies if it has more than one chapter, or 5 pages (as justified by Microsoft Word).

How do I get my story to be fanfiction of the week?
Your fanfiction must be chosen by the moderator of the fanfiction forum if the moderator finds it appealing and standing out with the other fanfictions. They must be properly written and must be more than one chapter (one shots are an exception). Stereotypical fanfictions for example, if parts aren't made properly, usually have very little chances.

Where does a story go right or wrong?
Usually, good stories fit in with basic story requirements. If a story seems so outstanding, that a mod would really love it, then it works, and it could get Fanfiction of the Week. You can build onto your writing skills by reading the "Basic Pokémon Writing FAQ". It helps.

How are fanfictions chosen?
The moderators of this forum are good fanfiction writers themselves, so they know what's a good story or not. The moderators can either share their opinion on a story then put it through if they agree on it, or let one do it themselves. The selection of fanfics is kept to a standard.

Fanfiction of the week listings
As of August 15, 2005

Week of August 15, 2004
"More Velleity" by Frostweaver
Week of August 22, 2004
"Call of Dragons" by oni flygon
Week of August 29, 2004
"Another Way of Battling by Frostweaver
Week of September 5, 2004
"Falling White" by LilyPichu
Week of September 19, 2004
"The Road To Palantria" by Neo Pikachu
Week of September 26, 2004
"Forgiving Tears" by LilyPichu
Week of October 3, 2004
"Rifts In Time" by Beau'
Week of October 10, 2004
"The Quest for the Legends" by Dragonfree
Week of October 17, 2004
"Raven - Mechyena Saga" by Obsidian Blade
Week of October 24, 2004
"Pocket Monsters Chronicles" by Yamato-san
Week of October 31, 2004
"Who Shot Brendan Birch?" by Breezy
Week of November 9, 2004
"Guilty by Design" by Iveechan
Week of November 16, 2004
"Realizing Fate" by Breezy
Week of November 21, 2004
"Hex" by Mr. Cat Dog
Week of November 28, 2004
"Last Defense" by Dragonfree
Week of December 5, 2004
"Love's Lost" by oni flygon
Week of December 12, 2004
"The Trial of Juno - The Dawn of Hope" by Neo Pikachu
Week of December 19, 2004
"Sunset Beach" by Dragonfree
Week of January 2, 2005
"The Prize" by Jedi_Amara
Week of January 10, 2005
"The 1337est Mary-Sue Parody EVER!!! (ROFLLOLOMGWTF!)" by Mr Cat Dog
Week of January 17, 2005
"Into the Mud" by Aiya Quackform
Week of January 23, 2005
"Ties of Water and Fire" by Miyu-Chan
Week of January 30, 2005
"~The Legendarian Chronicles" by Chibi Pika
Week of February 6, 2005
"The One Drop" by Aiya Quakform
Week of February 17, 2005
"Twisted Hierarchy" by Obsidian Blade
Week of February 21, 2005
"Blue Eyes' Warriors" by Hitoshizuku
Week of February 28, 2005
"Destiny of Understanding" by Flatulus
Week of March 6, 2005
"The Wingèd :[Book One]: The Kuraitenshi " by Rebecca M. Renfeild
Week of March 13, 2005
"Konnichiwa!" by ActOnThat
Week of March 20, 2005
"memory" by Jedi_Amara
Week of March 29, 2005
"Fatality" by lilbluecorsola
Week of April 4, 2005
"May I?" by Breezy
Week of April 13, 2005
"Chocolate Heart" by LoveLy MiSha
Week of April 18, 2005
"The Utmost Loyalty" by Breezy
Week of April 30, 2005
"<< Soul Awakening >>" by blueguy
Week of May 15, 2005
"The Pokemon Detective" by Breezy
Week of May 31, 2005
"Northbridge" by Vampiric Angel
Week of June 5, 2005 "an letter off complaint!!!" by Breezy
Week of July 3, 2005 "Ionem" by Ionem
Week of July 17, 2005 "Misconception" by Act
Week of August 6, 2005 "Collector" by Sandra's Chargon
Week of August 18, 2005 "Shackles" by Dragonfree
Week of August 20, 2005 "Choice and Consequencehttp://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=43533 by purple_drake

If you have any more questions, post them here. The list will be updated weekly.

Entire thread edit: August 18, 2005

Last edited:

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
I wish any story I wrote was good enough to even consider being read by the great Oni and frostweaver (...wait...scratch that)

I wish any story I wrote was good enough to even consider being fan-fic of the week. All I can do is...Pray :)

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
So there's a fanfiction of the week, huh? Neat! I have a question. Let's say your fic was extremely long, so no one bothered to read it, yet it was quite excellently done and legitimate enough to be the fic of the week. What do you do then? oO;;; If only the moderator sees it though, will it still matter? ^_^;

Years
People like me and Frostweaver read them. Check the Fanfiction Lounge sometimes. And I know which ones are great fanfics and the ones that aren't... ^^

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
Years
Sadly, my stories have short chapters as I know from experience from bombed stories that overwhelmed ppl with the length. Mine sucks. :( Mine isn't creative or long but it'll get longer...
*starts crying*

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
Aww Dark Pikachu! =O You can certainly try to make an improvement! Think, try and add more details to certain main events that occured in your story. You have to make an effort to make it long if that is what you wish, and for creative support, consider using the plot you have with many added twists that makes the fic more interesting than before. Imagination too! :3

*hugs and hands DP a tissue*

Kylie-chan

Years
I put in effort *cries harder* it's lack of skill not effort *takes tissue and blows nose* but thanks you've said nice stuff 'bout DoMT on serebii.net and i know you're soothing me im just an old crybaby
so wats this week's fan fic of the week (scuse the punctuation i put my stories through word spellchecker but i dun wanna do that for everything i say here)
b.t.w. congrats on 'falling white' Lily it is cool i didn't subscribe because on hpf i subscribed to everything and my inbox got cluttered (email inbox) :/

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
Ah DP, if you put in effort, I am quite SURE there WILL be an improvement. (and what's DoMT again?) I know you have plenty of good skill as a writer if you try focusing on what your story is going to be, while adding stuff along the way. And I am CERTAIN that I am not soothing you because you think you're a crybaby (you're not), I'm merely trying to help, if that isn't working...^_^

And ty for the compliment! Just remember to try and really put effort in your story, skill or not. It shows whether or not you worked hard on it.

Kylie-chan

Years
^___^ But it is working. Thanks. Sometimes I just get really teary. I think it may be because I'm a Pikaform. Don't ask what it is. You'll all think I'm a crazy fusioner. If that's the word (fusioner)
*a pikaform is a cross between a pikachu and a castform, which reminds me of a temperamental pokemon cause it changes with the weather, paraphrase it to moods... and i'm a dark pikachu... so yeah*
*DoMT is my abbreviation for darkness of my tears...*

Last edited:

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
Truth be told, I have no idea what it is but meh...

And you're very welcome. ^_~ I don't blame you if you get teary. A lot of people are fustrated by things they feel they cannot do, yet they can only if they try without giving up right away. Well, all I can say is best of luck with the next chapter! I honestly look forward to it and can't wait to read it! Good luck-

:3~

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
:O!!!!!!!! :3~

*is so flattered*

Yay! Thanks Oni! XP *hugs* I never expected it until I saw the familiar bold print...Ah anyway, much thanks to you! I honestly wouldn't have expected it.

^_~

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
Nooo...I know older writers write much better than me, as I had stated before, all I do is string up some fancy words together, that's all. o.o; Nothing about good writing nope don't see one anywhere...Thanks again Oni so much! ^_^ Now I must be off celebrating while drinking champagne.

*runs off*

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
LilyPichu said:
Nooo...I know older writers write much better than me, as I had stated before, all I do is string up some fancy words together, that's all. o.o; Nothing about good writing nope don't see one anywhere...Thanks again Oni so much! ^_^ Now I must be off celebrating while drinking champagne.

*runs off*
12 year old shouldn't drink champagne! *grabs the bottle and starts helping himself* XD Anyways... it was between this and Rifts in Time for FanFic of the week. Hope Beau should get it next week though. ^_^

Kylie-chan

Years
I can't write, so why do I keep trying? Cos I like writing. So tough. Anyhows, I just updated DoMT, so if Oni and Frostweaver were insane enough to consider reading it and even considering it - OMG! - it's now longer than 8 pages in Word. I checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back