• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition (Japanese)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Pokemon Plus Nobunaga's Ambition
A Screenshot Let's Play

P_N_3.png

Alternate Title:
What the hell is everyone saying with Pokemon

You know when you should be doing other things but want to do another thing anyways? Yeah, this is one of those. Hurrah for impromptu LP ideas!​

If you don't know what this game is, it's the newest spinoff for the DS. It's a crossover game with Pokemon and samurai warriors! Weird, but cool I guess! It just came out in Japan.

Note that I have little idea if I will 'finish' this and won't be aiming to 100% complete it (there is apparently a lot to do after beating the main storyline). I'm also acting really stupid/angry in comments on the LP here to be different from my other one and because it fits with the whole 'I don't understand anything bar the Pokemon aspect of it'. Because no translation patches! No guides! =D​

So here goes!​

Part One: The Intro
In which people eat my fruit.

Spoiler:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm really not sure what to make of the game, but none of it is as weird as seeing the word "douche" written by you :P

I think my favourite part so far was "I like my house the way it was - empty." lmao

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Loving this.

I really do want to play this game when/if an English translation is available. Come on, it's a military strategy game.....with Pokemon! That's genius!

The graphics are pretty, too.

I laughed hard when the guy stole your fruit. Also, I had Beethoven playing in the background while reading the first battle scene, which made it 10x more epic.

~Moonmover

I liked the part where you killed Tepic and Bidoof. More killing, please! Yum!

~BLOODMEAT

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Feudal Japan had so much hair gel available, I mean. Come on, now. There was so much that everyone had to use SO MUCH just to get rid of some of it.

Y'know?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Oh look I got another part done! But first reply to comments. Thanks for the feedback guys!

I want to say this game looks weird but... ok it looks weird.
I was like 'they have ripped off pokemo- oh...'
Yeah, it looks weird. At least it is not a ripoff I suppose?
I'm really not sure what to make of the game, but none of it is as weird as seeing the word "douche" written by you :P

I think my favourite part so far was "I like my house the way it was - empty." lmao
I guess I do not use that phrase much on the chat but well... now you can enjoy such things and more in this LP! =p
Loving this.

I really do want to play this game when/if an English translation is available. Come on, it's a military strategy game.....with Pokemon! That's genius!

The graphics are pretty, too.
It's kinda like Fire Emblem with Pokemon only less hard in the first parts (idk about latter ones) with more invading and defending and less dying. As a vague description. It is pretty fun though from what I've played! Would not mind playing it in English.
I laughed hard when the guy stole your fruit. Also, I had Beethoven playing in the background while reading the first battle scene, which made it 10x more epic.

~Moonmover
Fruit stealing is no laughing matter. >:[ Beethoven might be though...
I liked the part where you killed Tepic and Bidoof. More killing, please! Yum!

~BLOODMEAT
*steps away while musing that Tepig should really have been called Tepic... if only it was actually any good*
Feudal Japan had so much hair gel available, I mean. Come on, now. There was so much that everyone had to use SO MUCH just to get rid of some of it.

Y'know?
Maybe that's why THERE'S SO MANY WARS IN THIS GAME!
That Jigglypuff has to be a pimp or something.
This is now canon. Pimp Jiggly is in da region, and just demanding respect, no hating. If you don't drop that fruit like it's hot he's gonna lay the pain in with a pimp slap or five and put you to rest.

Part Two: Fun in a yard
In which the girl talks too much.​

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I wish I didn't know basic Japanese then this would be so much funnier. Either way it's nice to see what the game is like but are you going to finish this before the English version comes out?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I wish I didn't know basic Japanese then this would be so much funnier. Either way it's nice to see what the game is like but are you going to finish this before the English version comes out?
That is a good question. I'll only ever be aiming to 'finish' the first part as there's a lot of post-game content (as in far more than the main 'story' offers) but whether I can do all those parts or at least most before June 18th is another question, especially with uni and all.

Nonetheless, challenge accepted.
The best thing is that these captions will be perfectly valid for the English release as well.
They should get me to translate the game for them. =p
Oh jeez this was so funny ;_; "Everyone loves numbers!" Keep it up!
I shall try! Cheers for the comment!

This is a longer update in an attempt to try and get at least a decent amount of this done before the American release! That's right - this is coming out in the US, June 18th. (And hopefully other countries not long after). Maybe it is also as a celebration of that announcement? You decide. Also there may be a couple/few updates this week seeing I have a week off from uni (but not life and uni assessment tasks).

Part 3: The Invaded becomes the Invaders
Or Bashing Woopers and exploring land of fires.

Spoiler:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Poor Pimp Jiggly. But yay for falling rocks!
Indeed! (At least when they don't hit my own Pokemon). Yay unexpected obstacles that help more than hinder?

Also hey another update

Part Four: Making Friends
Or bashing up Pokemon so their masters decide to do my biding.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Even after reading all these I still have no idea how this game works :P but the characters look so funny.

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
I was laughing the whole entire way through. :D This was a good let's play/review... Or what ever you want to call this. XD

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I like this alot, I think it's more funny because you generally have no clue what they are saying.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2012
This game is one of the reasons they are ruining Pokemon. Cant they bring out anything awesome anymore. The idea of this game is awesome but when i think of it being a Pokemon game it makes me sigh. Your doing good on the LP bro dont get me wrong.

I just had to vent about the game for a bit. Cant Nintendo come up with anything like Pokemon FireRed and that anymore. I mean come on there are a lot of talented hackers on this site that have produced games of way better quality then Nintendo. and yet they dont get paid for there games. Nintendo get a clue.

OK im going to put the fact of this being a pokemon game aside... For a game itself it looks pretty awesome. Keep up the LP bro and good luck with the game.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Another update once I reply to all these posts!
Even after reading all these I still have no idea how this game works :P but the characters look so funny.
Yeah, I don't suppose I went into that part much. Basically you control a team of Pokemon, each with a trainer, one poke each trainer (max of six, so it sticks to that convention). In general you move the Pokemon about the field and have them attack others with the usual Pokemon mechanics applying (so type matchups, some effects e.g. flinching, burn, etc are in too). Pokemon have abilities too that can activate during the battle. Percentages roughly translate to EXP and the max percent a Pokemon can get depends on it and the trainer too. Sorta like a easier fire emblem or final fantasy tactics game I suppose.

And yes, yes they do. =D
I was laughing the whole entire way through. :D This was a good let's play/review... Or what ever you want to call this. XD
Let's play, given I'm not really reviewing it. Glad you enjoy it thus far!
I like this alot, I think it's more funny because you generally have no clue what they are saying.
Yeah, that was partly my thought process too in 'is this a potentially good idea or not'.
This game is one of the reasons they are ruining Pokemon. Cant they bring out anything awesome anymore. The idea of this game is awesome but when i think of it being a Pokemon game it makes me sigh. Your doing good on the LP bro dont get me wrong.

I just had to vent about the game for a bit. Cant Nintendo come up with anything like Pokemon FireRed and that anymore. I mean come on there are a lot of talented hackers on this site that have produced games of way better quality then Nintendo. and yet they dont get paid for there games. Nintendo get a clue.

OK im going to put the fact of this being a pokemon game aside... For a game itself it looks pretty awesome. Keep up the LP bro and good luck with the game.
Hmm, I'll have to disagree there. Firstly because Nintendo only give the go-ahead for the games to be developed, and other companies actually make them. On that note, Game Freak do the main handheld games and other companies do the spinoffs, so if you want to blame someone blame them. =p

Furthermore, I have to say it's an interesting concept that doesn't come out badly, and isn't lacking in the awesome (what's not awesome about samurai warriors with funny hats shouting at each other and waging wars on other countries with creatures that breathe fire and etc? =p). And given the sales of Pokemon games in general I'd say Nintendo have a decent clue. But anyways each to their own. Glad you like the LP at least? =p

Part Five: Engulfing lands and water parks
Or Beating up two nations.

Spoiler:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Tempted to buy the game now. Looks fun to me.
It is worth a go imo!

Kinda late but I got rather busy and did other projects too. At any rate, update!

Part Six: Sparks be flying
Or More theme parks

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back