• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Facebook, Twitter or Instagram

Pulsefire

The Prodigal Explorer
Years
I only use Facebook as of now. However I don't post much on it. I used to
only use it to game, and then they removed all the games I played. I see
Instant Chat services as more effective for me, but when I need to send a
quick message to a friend/family member, Facebook is by far the most effective.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Oh yeah, true, I use facebook for chatting with family and friends also. Sometimes I go through fb Messenger instead of using regular texts without really thinking about it :x Actually, fb is the main communication channel between me and my mother, haha.

Euphoric

Indefatigable
Years
I have both a Facebook and a Twitter, although I never post anything on FB anymore and check it maybe once a week. My Twitter's pretty active, though.

Throwback to when people actually cared about the number of FB friends someone had. Ah, middle school.

Years
I have all three but only actively use Instagram and Twitter, but they're both more for personal matters than online. I recently created a twitter for PC related things though. It's probably my favorite out of the three n__n

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
None of the above. I use PC. :O ignore

But in all seriousness... I don't use Facebook and Twitter that often, while I never use Instagram. I'd normally open Facebook and Twitter once a week to check out news related to my real life business.

Years
Twitter! It's nice to have an easy site to go and ramble about certain things. Never did get into Facebook or Instagram at all. Only on FB occasionally because my phone apps are easier to play if I've friends linked to my FB account and yeah. :( So I ended up making a gaming one~

Years
HA...instagram...

I use FB and Twitter. FB is for my bros and peeps, Twitter is pretty much for my fighting game stuff and everything else.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I tried Twitter and didn't really like it that much, so I don't use it much any more. Most of my friends are either on Facebook or Twitter; I don't check either that much. I check Facebook every few days or so. My favorite is Instagram, I love streaming through pics of my friends and other cool users. My favorite are travel photos of exotic and unique places. I check Instagram almost every day.

Years
I used to really use Facebook a lot (I always preferred myspace, but everyone stopped using it so it became pointless :/) , but deactivated my account last month, which is one of the best things I have ever done.
Facebook was just getting anoyying to many family members and people who you used to know but you never really liked posting stupid BS. Plus FB questionable approach to privacy and the general commercialization of the service.
Twitter I have had since 2009 but only seriously started using it properly lately.
I really like how you can connect with interesting people/groups all over the world who are interested in stuff you like (as opposed to Facebook which tends to be for the most part connecting to people in your local area with whom you have nothing in common with).

Instagram I have but never use as I don't really take many photographs tbh.

Years
I used to use Facebook awhile back. I thought it was good at the time. There were quite a few things to do, like upload pictures, talk to people that want to talk to me, play whatever weird games they have on there, and so on. After some time went by, I was starting to realize that I never really cared for Facebook, I could live without it. I deactivated my account and I've been doing better than ever without it.

I use Twitter basically everyday. There's a sole reason why I do this; it's easier to keep up with things. Instead of going to Google News and trying to find stuff that may not even be important to me, I can use Twitter and follow the things that I want to keep up with. I had a few accounts in the past that I never used, since the history of tweets on them are quite embarrassing (I wasn't very bright minded in the past) so I just leave the accounts up since no one can really find them.

I have never used Instagram, Snapchat, or anything with the sole reason of taking pictures. I'm not very interested in them because I hate taking pictures, especially of myself. I'm rather camera shy. Taking pictures of food seems rather pointless to me because I like to eat the food, not take pictures and eat it cold. That's just my opinion though.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I much prefer to use Twitter. I've never used Facebook, and never will, and I hate it with a passion. I always have people say to me "are you on Facebook?" and I'm compelled to buy one of these t-shirts that says "No I am not on F#*!ing Facebook"

Years
Facebook had been my main mode of social media, but in the last year and a half or so, I've noticed that my usage has been more geared towards Twitter or Instagram.
Facebook really only remains on my phone as a means to message people, I seldom post or comment, but I do find the messanger very useful for talking to friends who are overseas.
Twitter is incredibly useful nowadays for me, as many of my friends are using that the most, and gives the most up to date news without too much of the ads that plauge Facebook.
Instagram is honestly just for fun. I don't see much point in it outside of just playing with the filters.

Years
I don't use any of those. I just occassionaly refresh FB for a funny pic from a page i liked, otherwise i don't use it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Facebook sucks the battery out of an iPhone faster than Dracula could kill a haemophiliac. So I only really use it on my computer, and only use Messenger on my phone. I barely use Facebook outside of messaging though as the news feed is so bad now I have to actually visit people's profiles to find anything I actually give a damn about.

I use Twitter quite a lot though - I've got into an annoying habit of tweeting a lot during any United match I watch. Instagram I use a little bit, more to browse than post - they ruined the video feature at some point in the past year or so.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Psssst.... tumblr. ;)

I use Facebook the most to chat with friends since most of them never text back. It's a good distraction. Instagram isn't that great for guys so I barely use it, twitter is pointless unless you're famous, and tumblr is a good site to laugh at funny gifs and stuff.

Years
I don't have any and I don't think I will. I hear it can be addictive though always trying to check status and stuff? Honestly this site is closes thing I got to social media thing.

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
Years
Facebook and Twitter.

Facebook is really the only way that I even know what's going on with my family, considering nobody calls or texts. As for friends? Don't have many that I talk to regularly, but I enjoy seeing people do well with their lives.

As for Twitter, I use it for quick access to news concerning the world, tech, games, etc.

I really don't use social media to socialize. I guess it's kind of sad, but I'm used to it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I have all three, but use Twitter the most. I enjoy using it. It's a good way to keep in touch with others, and a great way to interact with celebs like viewing their photos or stuff like that haha.

Also because hashtags are #fun.

Back