• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

favorite pokemon music

which game has the best music?

• red, blue and yellow

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • gold silver crystal

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • ruby saphyre emarald

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • firered leafgreen

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • dimond pearl platinum

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • heartgold soulsilver

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • black and white

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • black 2 and white 2

Votes: 10 21.7%

• Total voters

piefara

human
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
all of these i can find are before HH/SS so write a reply please i like HH/SS rival them

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2015
If it is one thing I really loved about generation 3, it was the music. the music was probably my absolute favorite pokemon music of all time.

Years
Gold and Silver used to have my favorite music, but when the remakes came along and remixed the tracks so well, HeartGold and SoulSilver easily topped my list(my favorites being the Champions theme and the Game Corner theme). Plus, having the GB Sounds so I can listen to the classic versions any time I want is a huge bonus.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I like the music from R/B/Y the most because the music in those games can be catchy to me..
(Route 1)( game condor) and of course ( lavender town)

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Hmm. Best music. But had to choose by game generation. Then I think I would have to say r/b/y. Since they made the greatest impact. But I think many tracks from r/s/e surpass those. Although since r/s/e was the first generation I owned personally, it has this special connection. :D

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
For people that played the original games, they would mostly pic the older games or remakes like HGSS. However, being a slightly newer player (starting from Gen III), I do have to admit that Gen V has the best music. It just has the most detail, the most...feels, actually. Compare Aspertia and New Bark and you can see how complex and beautiful the newer themes are. I don't want to argue with the older gen gamers though XD

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
OH THATS IT WE WILL ARGUE! Just kidding of course. :D I think Fenne-kun made an excellent point. We the older gamers might prefer the older games. So I wonder why? Is it the nostalgia value? Or is it truly that they are still superior even when compared to the new ones? And how do we compare the original gameboy music to that of DS? And also are remakes better than the original? (Fr/Lg and Hg/Ss) :D I havent played the 5th gen yet but I can imagine it would be better (in music dept) than previous ones.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
As I've only got the fifth generation games, I should've taken the time to listen to music from the other generations rather that vote straight away. At the moment, I've voted for B2/W2. I certainly enjoy some of the remixes compared to BW.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
I think if it's going to be compared, it should probably be on a level playing field.
We should judge the compositions and note arrangements themselves instead of the finished product within the games - of course the more recent ones are going to have better sound quality.
Personally I voted R/S/E because of Littleroot, Verdanturf, the Deoxys theme and... I think it's the team boss battle music.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like the music starting from Gen III, but I like the R/S/E music the most because of the upbeat pace.

blue

gucci
Years
Without a doubt RSE, even though the music from Black & White are modern and up to date, there's something about the Hoenn soundtracks that have a distinctive feel to them... trumpets maybe?

Years
So hard.. I loved a bunch of music from each game; Gym leaders in RBY, Champion and Kanto gym leader music in GSC/HGSS, Gym leaders and Elite Four in RSE, Cynthia's battle music and the Elite Four area music (not the battle music), BW gym leaders and normal N battle, and all of the remixes in B2W2. I am going to go with GSC/HGSS just because the Kanto Gym Leader battles in that game are pure genius.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
For me it'd be GSC. Nothing brings back memories like hearing that good old Team Rocket theme. RSE is a close second, though. That music playing on Route 116 in the volcanic ash is one of the best musical pieces in the series.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
RSE easily wins in the music department, the routes and victory road were so bombast, it was the first true time the traveling felt like an adventure. Not to mention the battle themes were also pretty gripping, and made battles very enjoyable. Battle music has always been a Pokemon strong point, but RSE did something more, even if it was a bit tinny and had the trumpets. And do I even have to mention the awesome sauce that is the Box Legend battle song? No, because its probably already ingrained in your mind.

piefara

human
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
yes response! they stuffed up the Johto music in PWT though what were they thinking with the gym leader music? and HG/SS champion music is awsome!

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I enjoy the music from generation 2, especially the latter half when you're in Kanto and every music is an awesome remix of its first gen counterpart. :D

And the 4th gen had a great soundtrack, too. Can't really have an honest answer because other than the 1st gen they all had equally great music.

Years
I really enjoyed the music in Lavender Town in R/B/Y.
So I'd probably say that Gen. I had the best music, because R/B/Y had music that actually stood out to me and wasn't just some background music.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Generation Five in general. For me it's probably the most captivating OST in the series.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I think the music from G/S/C and HGSS had the most captivating music. It was really nice and enjoyable. Especially the battle themes for gym leaders and elite 4. They were the best.

Back