• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Nuzlocke Challenge

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
Username: Halfcadence
Version: Moon
Single/Ultimate: Single I guess? I have two singles under my belt already (FireRed, Emerald), and it'd be cool if/when I beat all the gens it's considered an Ultimate, but I didn't declare it from the get-go or anything.

Also, I don't see other Gen VII runs yet, so I don't know what the ruling on this is, but I've been using what people have been calling the Pinwheel Clause for my run:

"Areas that are counted as the same place, but with vastly different encounters, and a different dropdown when you enter the area (I.E the inside and outside of Ten Carat Hill) are considered different places with separate encounters"

I feel like the selection would be very sparse without this, but if this is deemed as breaking the rules, I guess I'll start over (womp womp)

Anyway:

Pokemon Moon Nuzlocke - First Update

Z-Crystals collected: 2
Grand Trials completed: 1

Everything's going pretty smoothly! Cutiefly is probably my favorite catch so far, he solo'd 2 out 3 of Hala's mons in the grand trial fight.

Infosheet (Catchlist, Current team, Honored dead): Click here

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Also, I don't see other Gen VII runs yet, so I don't know what the ruling on this is, but I've been using what people have been calling the Pinwheel Clause for my run:

"Areas that are counted as the same place, but with vastly different encounters, and a different dropdown when you enter the area (I.E the inside and outside of Ten Carat Hill) are considered different places with separate encounters"

I feel like the selection would be very sparse without this, but if this is deemed as breaking the rules, I guess I'll start over (womp womp)

Feel free, this actually falls under the "separated areas" optional rule in the OP, as it can, and has, applied to previous games as well.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years
Username: GnX1
Version: Pokemon Perfect Platinum Challengers Edition (Platinum)
Single/Ultimate?: Single

Badges
0/8

Current Team

Turtwig/Lv. 10
Moves: tackle, withdraw, absorb
Item: Quick Claw

In Storage
Ekans
Magikarp
Oddish

Dead
Piplup
Shinx​

Wanted to play Platinum once more but with more difficulty, getting exactly what I asked for with two mons dead already. : ( How did you die to scratch Piplup? How?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
I'd like to sign up to do a Nuzlocke on POKEMON SUN

Username: Xander729
Game: SUN

UPDATE #1

Trials completed: 1/11

MY TEAM:

rattata-alola.gif

Rattata (A) Lvl. 13

popplio.gif

Popplio Lvl. 14

grimer-alola.gif

Grimer (A) Lvl. 13

cottonee.gif

Cottonee Lvl. 13

makuhita.gif

Makuhita lvl. 15

yungoos.gif

Yungoos Lvl. 12

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I picked up my Black Nuzlocke again, and keep forgetting to post updates here. Since I've played quite a bit without posting, this update will be in the middle of things.

Just defeated Clay, which wasn't that difficult of a fight. I have a decent Grass and Water Pokemon that were able to deal great damage to the Ground Pokemon in the gym. The only problem that I had was taking Bulldoze hits, and since I imposed a "no healing items in battle" rule for this challenge, I lost a Pokemon. One that I'm sure would have been able to handle a hit if I had ever evolved her.

Current team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 23, 2023
Username:Lokfors
Version:Pokemon Crystal
Single/Ultimate:Single
Additional Rules:
Shiny Hunting:can catch Sniny pokemon ignoring the rule of fist encounter
No Duplicate Captures

Part 1
Get the Pokegear from Mom
Get a male Chikorita from Elm
Some grind on route 29 and route 30
Get a map for Pokegear
Get a Mystery Egg and Pokedex
Fight with this insolent rival
Give the egg to Elm, get pokeballs from assistant, talk to mom and go to adventures!
Grinding, fighting with youngsters
Get a Pidgey lv.5 on route 31
Hmm... (Bell)sprout tower, good place to train my Pidgey!
Catch a lv.5 Rattata in the 3rd floor
Defeat the elder and get the Flash HM
Catch a Hoothoot lv.5 on route 36

My team:
Chikorita lv.10
-Tackle
-Growl
-Razor Leaf

Pidgey lv.13
-Gust
-Sand-attack
-Tackle

Stored Pokemon:
Hoothoot lv.5
-Tackle
-Growl

Rattata lv.5
-Tackle
-Tail whip
Sorry for possible mistakes, English isn't my native language

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years
Spoiler:

UPDATE #1

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

FindingXMemo

Echo Trainer
Years
Username: FindingxMemo
Version: Red++, HeartGold, Rutile Ruby, Platinum, Blaze Black, Neo X, Waning Moon
Single/Ultimate?: Ultimate

Hopefully I'll become the first Ultimate Champion!

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years
Spoiler:

UPDATE #2

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

UPDATE #2.5

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Username: LRachelR5
Version: Blue, Soul Silver, Omega Ruby, Pearl, Black 2, X, Moon
Single or Ultimate?: Ultimate
Rules I'm using: Separate areas, dupes clause, gift clause, shiny clause, any eggs that hatch in a area do not count towards the encounter for that route so they are essentially freebies, the challenge continues so long as I have mons in the PC
Nickname theme: Characters from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Harry Potter and Les Misérables

Last edited:
Years
Keen to try out an ultimate challenge for this! Never actually completed a nuzlocke before, so this should be fun

Username: Clemstar
Version: -Blue
-Heart Gold
-Omega Ruby
-Platinum
-Black 2
-Y
-Moon

Single/Ultimate?: Ultimate
I'll be starting the challenge with Omega Ruby.

Optional Rules:
-Set battle style, Nickname all Pokemon, Dupes Clause and choose starter based on last digit of Trainer Card ID (e.g 1-3 Grass, 4-6 Fire, 7-9 Water, 0 My choice)

Wish me luck!

Last edited:

FindingXMemo

Echo Trainer
Years
First Update!

Red++ is either harder than Red, or I just can't remember Red correctly. so far I have not made it to Pewter City and Tony has beaten me more times than not. There have been so many deaths that I'm just gonna list it how I have it in my notes.
Spoiler:

Gonna give Red++ one more shot before I skip to Blaze Black then come back

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Update on My Nuzlockes

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire:

I failed it after 7 badges losing to Archie in the big final battle againts him, his Mega Sharpedo swept me, it was really hard because i wasnt allowing in battle healing.
You can take me off the challengers list.

Pokemon Sun:

Absolutely horrid, however I am still alive, I have 12 dead and 3 alive.

Trials: 4/11

At Route 8 preparing to lose to Totem Lurantis

My Team:

mudbray.gif

Mudbray Lvl. 23

diglett-alola.gif

Diglett (A) Lvl. 21

trumbeak.gif

Trumbeak Lvl. 20

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
Pokemon Moon Nuzlocke - Second Update

Infosheet (Catchlist, Current team, Honored dead): Click here

Z-Crystals collected: 6
Grand Trials completed: 2

Things definitely picked up a bit for me on the second island......

Honored Dead:
diglett-alola.gif

Digit the Diglett, Lv. 9-20: Died kind of pathetically to a Rock Smash from a Lv. 16 wild Pikipek on Route 5.
brionne.gif

Polo the Brionne, Lv. 5-30: I got cocky during the Olivia fight and tried to Baby Doll Eyes her Lycanroc through paralysis. Didn't go through and then Polo died to the Z-Move

Years
Clemstar's Ultimate Nuzlocke Challenge - Omega Ruby - UPDATE #1!

So I've just beaten the third gym with no casualties thus far. My Nami (Marshtomp) has just been absolutely obliterating everybody. I forgot how easy the Hoenn early game is starting with Mudkip. My current team is as below:

Spoiler:

Note: No Exp. Share used due to it making the game too easy.

Also, would anybody be able to teach me how to post sprites in my updates? It's been a while and i've totally forgotten how, thanks in advance! :) Good luck to everyone in their nuzlockes!

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
Years
Also, would anybody be able to teach me how to post sprites in my updates? It's been a while and i've totally forgotten how, thanks in advance! :) Good luck to everyone in their nuzlockes!
  1. Find the sprites you want to include (I usually get mine from Bulbapedia)
  2. Right click > Copy Image Location (or similarly worded, depends on your browser)
  3. Click the little image icon (
    insertimage.gif
    ) in the editor and add the URL you copied in the step above.
  4. Done!

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years
Version: Pokemon Flawless Platinum
Single/Ultimate?: Single

UPDATE #3

Okay so things change in this update. Im not even sure if I can do this but after seeing how easy the other game was going I searched for a harder one and came across one with a lot more changes such as much higher levels, type changes, stationary legends etc. I took my save from last game and switched over to this one. A lot has happened since then and I can't remember all the details so some things may be a bit screwy.

Spoiler:

Back