• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Project 001

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2021
the shadow was an event thing that was named "OutdoorLight" or sumthing... no switches required

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
And what I'm saying is use them. So that when one shadow is active, the code doesn't keep running and make 4 shadows. When one shadow is on, turn on a switch. Then have a condtional branch that checks to see if the switch is on- if it is, end the event processing.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Incredible beggining ^^, i really liked the shroomish part, and i agree with neo-dragon, put a switch in the light sources so they dont make alot of shadows on you at the same time.

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
Years
ey if you need any help mapping just pm me!
i consider myself to me a almost good mapper
i really like your story and think you'll be a hit and i wanna be a part of this

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
Progress Report:
- Viridian Forest #FINISHED# (New TR scene, legendary Pokémon appearance)
- Pewter City Design #FINISHED# (I'm impressed myself... O_o)

And what I'm saying is use them. So that when one shadow is active, the code doesn't keep running and make 4 shadows. When one shadow is on, turn on a switch. Then have a condtional branch that checks to see if the switch is on- if it is, end the event processing.
I'll see if that is managable. It could mess up the NPC event movement, which is more important to me. But thanks for the advice, I'll use it.

Incredible beggining ^^, i really liked the shroomish part, and i agree with neo-dragon, put a switch in the light sources so they dont make alot of shadows on you at the same time.
Thanks, and for the shadow part, like I said above, Ill see if that is doable.

ey if you need any help mapping just pm me!
i consider myself to me a almost good mapper
i really like your story and think you'll be a hit and i wanna be a part of this
I can use all the help I can get.

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Progress Report:
- Viridian Forest #FINISHED# (New TR scene, legendary Pokémon appearance)
- Pewter City Design #FINISHED# (I'm impressed myself... O_o)

I'll see if that is managable. It could mess up the NPC event movement, which is more important to me. But thanks for the advice, I'll use it.

Thanks, and for the shadow part, like I said above, Ill see if that is doable.

I can use all the help I can get.
Can we have some newer screenshots and vids please? I really like watching stuff from this game.

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
^Alright mate, I updated the first post with new screenshots.

Explanation screens:
- As Jaws and Cruella are not their real names, I figured they'd use codenames randomly which suits them best at that time. Meaning they like to change their names. No worries, eventually they'll give up, but that'll take a while.
- The legendary Pokémon the hero reads about in the shed makes a quick appearance a few minutes later. Too short for the main hero to see what it was though...
- Pewter City Gym is based on the Animé, and I really like the outcome. Using the default tiles and editing some parts, it is now close to the Animé version.
- All Pokémon Centers will be recognizable by the Red Pokéball sign. So they will look like real buildings, except for the sign. Pokémon Marts however will just be the default marts from the original games.

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
cool man i love the new screens it looks good hey so will the pewter city gym still be brock?

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
cool man i love the new screens it looks good hey so will the pewter city gym still be brock?
Thanks! Im still deciding...

It'll either be Brock or his mother Lola (yeah I did my research for this game, lol)... But if thats teh case, it would be a Water-Pokémon Gym... Kind of funny, and maybe even the better option event-wise, making people in the city a bit agitated about it. (with Brock or his father replacing her in the end, of course)

I might want to leave Brock for events later on in the game, as I will do so as well for Misty.

ryushin5

Years
Ok cool but i remeber that when brock return the pewter city gym back to a rock type gym he chose his little brother(the second oldest) to be the new gym leader.

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
Ok cool but i remeber that when brock return the pewter city gym back to a rock type gym he chose his little brother(the second oldest) to be the new gym leader.
Ok I havent watched Pokémon from the Orange League, lol, so I only know stuff when I search it up.

Brother it is, after his mother is defeated, though.

ryushin5

Years
thats not from the orange league that happens after johto and before hoenn it was on pokemon chronicles.

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
thats not from the orange league that happens after johto and before hoenn it was on pokemon chronicles.
Thats what I mean. After Orange League, I stopped watching... that's years ago...

Progress Report:
- The Pewter City Gym #FINISHED#

Now I should start eventing...

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
Thank you!

Ill be updating this soon with another YouTube preview, from where the last one ended.
Expect many battles, events and of course Pewter City. :)

Progress Report:
- Lot of eventing done in Pewter City
- Basicly battling in Viridian Forest is done, though Im struggling with the music...
- Screenshots from Animé added concerning the Pokémon

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
  • Age 34
  • usa
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
It's not his fault the shadow is all weird, it's the creators fault. Looks good so far, I can't say anything spectacular about it because it's not your code, nice mapping but that's all I can say that you've done.

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
I need feedback.

I'm still wandering which style I'm going for. Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Ranger?

For an example:
rangerxample-1.png
VS
platixample.png

Which one do you guys prefer? The main character will, no matter the preference, look like the Platinum hero.

Back