• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
I have hatched tons upon tons of Smeargle...
I'm intending to keep this hunt going until I get it! I'm in the late 100s-early 200s in the egg count right now.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
Thanks for all the advice guys. Now mindlessly SRing doesn't feel nearly as sanity taxing. I've since switched to turtwig since I kept accidentally clicking it and it's my favorite starter anyways. I'm at 2467 SRs so far (39853 if you count the piplup SRs from before I switched) And praying it ends soon so I can actually play this darn game!

Edit: Also! Who do I talk to for an awesome shiny hunter card thingy signature? I feel like I need one while it's still on my mind.

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
Edit: Also! Who do I talk to for an awesome shiny hunter card thingy signature? I feel like I need one while it's still on my mind.

It's prety easy to make in paint or Photoshop. I made mine in Photoshop ( altho it isn't perfect at all ;-) and I don't have shinies yet to put on it ;-))

But I think TSE makes them for members, altho I don't know that for sure.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years

I don't know if mine is awesome, but I would be happy to make one like it for you if you like.

What I could use is (in chronological order is standard practice):

Pokemon
Method of capture (optional, highly recommended)
# eggs/steps/SR's etc (optional)
Game caught on (optional)
Level (optional)
Nickname (optional)
Anything else you want on there :)

Personally I only have the first 2 to make it simple and clean. But others include more.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
I don't know if mine is awesome, but I would be happy to make one like it for you if you like.

What I could use is (in chronological order is standard practice):

Pokemon
Method of capture (optional, highly recommended)
# eggs/steps/SR's etc (optional)
Game caught on (optional)
Level (optional)
Nickname (optional)
Anything else you want on there :)

Personally I only have the first 2 to make it simple and clean. But others include more.

I personally think yours is pretty cool. I may just get more than one and switch them as I feel the desire to. I can be fickle like that. Either way I'll PM you with info (first two is all I really want so yeah :D)

Edit, because I'm curious:
I'm sure we all have stories of how we obtained awesome shinies, how we felt, what was going through our heads, how we reacted... If it ok if I ask you recount your favorite "I just got a shiny -x-!" story?

My personal favorite was the shiny ponyta I got off normal chances from the seventh egg when I was just looking for a properly natured morning sun parent.

Last edited:
Years

As Poldie said I have offered to make them for.. wow it must be over a year now o_o I made mine and Janske's. I can certainly make others but it looks like you have offers already ;) Mine pretty much has the max amount of info but I could well change anything on it if you wanted stuff like those coloured boxes representing the methods. I might change mine like that, actually...

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
I have filled up 16(almost 17) boxes with Smeargle, none of them shiny. I have also found out something strange; The JPN Smeargle I'm using might not be JPN. His name is not the japanese name. I checked my Pokedex and there's ONLY a USA and JPN entry in there, and I'm beginning to think that the JPN entry is from when I got my second(possibly first) JPN Smeargle. What I"m saying is...I may have been breeding 2 US Pokemon without even knowing it. Or maybe the JPN Smeargle I"m using is just nicknamed or something.

Years
Sigh.... 7050 Soft Resets for drifloon, and nothing yet. I'm beginning to think maybe the drifloon in D/P/Pt cant be shiny? Idk, well i really hope i get it before 8192... only 1042 resets until i reach that dreaded number... ugh.

SHINE DRIFLOON SHINE :[

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Sigh.... 7050 Soft Resets for drifloon, and nothing yet. I'm beginning to think maybe the drifloon in D/P/Pt cant be shiny? Idk, well i really hope i get it before 8192... only 1042 resets until i reach that dreaded number... ugh.

SHINE DRIFLOON SHINE :[

It can be shiny. Sucks hitting that 8192 number :(

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
I have filled up 16(almost 17) boxes with Smeargle, none of them shiny. I have also found out something strange; The JPN Smeargle I'm using might not be JPN. His name is not the japanese name. I checked my Pokedex and there's ONLY a USA and JPN entry in there, and I'm beginning to think that the JPN entry is from when I got my second(possibly first) JPN Smeargle. What I"m saying is...I may have been breeding 2 US Pokemon without even knowing it. Or maybe the JPN Smeargle I"m using is just nicknamed or something.

I think the smeargle is nicknamed. There is no way a US nationality pokemon could have japanese characters as its non-default nickname. I know. I've tried. Though unless it was caught on a japanese game the possibility still remains. I learned that the nationality of the egg decides the nationality of the pokemon. An english Egg can hatch in a japanese game into a ドーブル, but still have the US nationality. Vice versa is true. タマゴ could hatch in an english game but still be japanese... just as evolving an un-nicknamed pokemon will change its name to that languages name for its new form, but it will still be its starting nationality.

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
Currently at 6460SRs for Chikorita, and i havent seen anything since that second Totodile. Oh well, Nil Desperandum. I suppose with 3 chances each SR, then the chance would be 1/2731. So im still in the "chance zone" for my third, so to speak. Hopes i get it soon, i wanna start my badgequest... wahhhhhhh T_T

ShinyNuzLover

What're you lookin' at?
Years
Hi guys! I'm new here. My shiny PKMN are: Klinklang, Drifblim, Golbat (lost), Spiritomb, and Sawk. Currently hunting for shiny Zubat in Black 2 to reclaim my shiny Golbat. I'm up to 503 RE's now. Might stop for a while and hunt something else though.

Years
Hey everyone! I decided to give Virbank Complex a try for a shiny Patrat and...

kbr6ev.jpg

Not going to say I'm disappointed at all with this beauty
smile.gif
. It's a great shiny that I'm proud 1 premier ball and that baby was mines. It has an impish nature and intimidate. In other news I'm still hunting Moltres sadly at 8175 SRs I could really use a forth gen shiny charm right now (Lol! just kidding) anyway hopefully he shines soon. Call me crazy but I also started hunting for another unova starter, Snivy! Hopefully he doesn't troll me like Moltres is. Good luck everyone!

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome to the club, UltraMew and ShinyNuzLover!

Congrats on the shiny Growlithe, Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon)!

This week's random hunt is... Gastly!

Years
Congrats to Helio, Anothername, City of Delusion, xkatie, Worldwaker, Kittykitty, Zenn, 201238, Ohjeezeitskim, and Markasdarkas

I have more shiny news! Yes that means 7 shinies this month! Continuing to break my record of 5.

2nd Shiny Spearow 2058 HBs
111uj4y.jpg

I have good news and bad news...The good news is I caught it and its my 7th 1/8192 shiny this month.. The bad news is this is the only target I didn't want. Oh well its a shiny I'm happy but I will continue headbutting until I get heracross/aipom in this place. But for right now I'm back to my platinum BQ hunting for porygon 350 SRs so far. I'm also still hunting for Moltres thats now at 10518 SRs I guess deserved a long hunt after all my luck this month. Well good luck everyone!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Hi everyone, it's been a long time; looks like there have been some activity; GOOD.
Congrats on all new catches and welcome to all new members.
The last SR shiny I got was Kyurem like 2 months ago, but I've been busy lately so i couldn't post it; currently decided to finish playing through my platinum and was doing some tests with a whole new team to defeat the elite four, complete de pokedex and get national and decided to try pokeradar aprox 2 weeks ago: currently i have got starly, nidoran (female), 4 bagons, pichu, and currently at a chain of 47 7 eevees.
I don't count pokeradar pokemon, but since they are shiny, i guess i had to post something, and ofcourse they don't count for any event, they are just for my personal collection. The chain is continuing. I have used almost all of my max repels (200 left).
On a side note: i dont know if the chat is working; everytime i enter there's no one.
By the way; i have been practicing making pofins now that im playing mostly platinum and want to enter my shiny pokemon in super contest, but i need mild poffins; if anyone here is good at it you can PM me and we can sort things during weekends since i have more time in weekends. The more people making poffins the better.
Going back to topic: ill probably still target some legends in platinum after the eevee chain since im playing platinum now.

Cya everyone and happy hunting

Update: chain broke at 48 ( obviously edge shiny patch ) of course i could have continued chaining by just ignoring that patch of grass, but decided to stop there, 8 shiny eevee's are enough for me to have the full set, now starting to SR other targets in platinum.

Last edited:
Back