• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC + SU) Rated T

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Seeing as this a largely original take on One Piece, you should have no problem getting into the story. This is basically what if Supervegeta and myself told the story instead, or nothing more than a story in the One Piece universe. They are no canon characters or anything like that in the story, so you don't need to know One Piece to understand anything (you just will maybe appreciate it more). We will explain any concepts newcomers are confused on and can link you to wikis if you would like them.

We are more than willing to help. No harm in trying to sign up :D

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Oh, yes! We definitely need more Claire/Plex' in here :D That'd make this even better! Also, my ideas for my character is getting fleshed out and he does -not- have a devil fruit. Someone has to fish you poor guys out of the water after all :P I should probably be able to write it tomorrow. Can't wait to join up with this!

Also, so much murder D: Then again, maybe they're false charges. Then again, looking at the scythe-man with the shadow-fruit... probably not :x

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Yep, as Raikiri said, we're going to try to make this noob-friendly enough so that people who haven't watched/read One Piece could still participate, understand and enjoy! We've included a few links in the bottom of the first post, and we'll probably include more to help out along the way.

@Sir Bastian- Yeah, thanks for that. Looking forward to seeing your character!

And yeah, lots of murder flying around! xD I'm not totally against it, obviously. It's your character design. And there could have been a wide range of circumstance surrounding that.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Grah! My bad. I'll pick a new one soon. In the meantime I have a 250 page essay due tomorrow. Also I have to read Candide by tomorrow. So once that's done I'll start work immediately.

Just wondering, could I have the Gum-Gum Fruit? If not, I'll have the Bubble-Bubble (Awa-Awa).

Last edited:

Perplexity

The Crazy One
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013
So.... a few questions.... One, Is the Mythical Zoan fair game? I'd love to be able to have a character that could transform into a little dragon. Within reason of course, you know how much I value fairness and balance.

Two....can I have a parrot? :P

Also, that reservation & character sheet rule is very confusing....where's my Devil Fruit cookie... >_>

Edit: Haha, do you know how hard it is to find a picture of a modestly dressed female pirate. Lol...the results are....interesting...

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
So.... a few questions.... One, Is the Mythical Zoan fair game? I'd love to be able to have a character that could transform into a little dragon. Within reason of course, you know how much I value fairness and balance.

Two....can I have a parrot? :P

Also, that reservation & character sheet rule is very confusing....where's my Devil Fruit cookie... >_>

Edit: Haha, do you know how hard it is to find a picture of a modestly dressed female pirate. Lol...the results are....interesting...

Just be a parrot zoan and you're the embodiment of pirates ;D And I dunno if you read up on it, but someone in the show actually ate a devil's fruit that turned them into an eastern-style dragon, so I'm sure that's definitely possible. Keep in mind that most Zoan-users can either be in their 'original' form, full-on animal form, or a mix of the two, which would be a humanoid character with dragon-like features, most likely. Although that's totally up to you, and up to the GMs if they allow you to use that idea :P

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@heretostay- 250 pages? I hope that's a typo, otherwise your life is over.

@Perplexity- *hands Devil Fruit cookie over*. First person to catch that. xD

I'd have to talk it over with Raikiri to make sure, but I don't see too much of a problem with allowing a Mythic Zoan with dragon transformation, or as you say 'little dragon'. Kinda reminds me of Momonosuke's Little Dragon Transformation. (link) We can discuss it more in length to see what ideas you might have, but I don't see too big of a problem with it, especially since other RPers might have fairly strong Devil Fruits themselves.

EDIT: What Sir Bastian said.

And yes, you may have a parrot. xD

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Mythic Zoan is fair game, but it has to be a really good sign up (which I know you can handle). Pets are fine. So yes, a parrot is acceptable. And yes we know all too well when we were creating female NPCs.

Here's your cookie by the way! *throws cookie*

Perplexity

The Crazy One
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013
Gah....you two lure me in yet again.... Can I please have a reservation? :3

Name: (Typically in One Piece, characters are often introduced as last name first, then first name)

Epithet/Nickname: (List one, even if your character is a new pirate, as they will gain an epithet later when they get a bounty)

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality:

History:

Devil Fruit/Equipment/Weapon: (Whether a Devil Fruit user or not, list what abilities/equipment/weapons your character possesses. Try to describe it in some detail, especially if its non-canon.)

Goal/Dream: (Something every character should have. This can be anything that he/she strives for, or something he/she wants to achieve. For example, in One Piece, Monkey D. Luffy wants to become the Pirate King. Roronoa Zoro wants to become the world's best swordsman. Be creative here!)

Other/Quirks: (In One Piece, almost every character has a strange quirk that is apart of their character, a 'thing', if you will. For example, Zoro has his terrible sense of direction. Nami has her love of money. Brook has his bones jokes. Franky has his catchphrase "Super!" and pose. Not required, but recommended.)

Current Bounty: None​

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@heretostay123- Good question. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be, though since this is an original take to the story, Dr. Vegapunk and company don't exist, so their manufacturing and creation would be somewhat different, something we would be able to introduce ourselves later. Sure they're allowed, as well as any other Devil Fruit you might want to create/make up yourself!

@Perplexity- Alright, you're reserved!

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Yeah, sorry I edited that in to my last post too late I guess. Like I said, it would be OK to create your own artificial Devil Fruit, or your own original Devil Fruit, for that matter. In fact, I encourage you to make up your own if you think of any good ideas. Many of the Devil Fruits your are going to see in this RP are ones we made up ourselves.

Khawill

<3
Years
"Nightmares only exist in your dreams and right in front of you."
Name: Reaper K Leon

Epithet/Nickname: The White Haired Demon

Appearance:
Spoiler:
No, he never wears a shirt and he stands at 6"6

Personality: Leon is stoic and brash. He speaks with a growl that even a wolf would tremble to. He does not tolerate losing and treats each fight as if it was to the death. He presents himself proudly and powerfully, just standing near him can feel like a challenge. He is devoted to his captain, and becomes protective of his crew. Though he never respects a coward, and will quickly drop his loyalties if he believes his leader to be one. He loved his daughter and wife back home, and will spend nights and free time thinking of the life he could have had.

In a battle Leon is a monster. Civilians are not safe from him, and if the order is not given to specifically save lives, he will not hesitate to kill them if it will further his or his captain's goals. This places him more as a villain, as he will often destroy towns to kill a target or get to a captured comrade. His fighting style is quick and deadly, although he doesn't utilize the effect of his fruit power that steals shadows, he does use his own shadow to switch places with during a fight and also to fight along side him. His sycthe is his main weapon, its main use is to cause fear in the enemy, it is only practical against those much less skilled than him. His katana is used when an enemy proves to be on equal footing. In his mind, if he uses his katana, he is giving his opponent a great honor.

History: Leon was originally a shipbuilder as a teenager and a young adult. He married a woman, and had a small child. He valued life and lived happily until he was 23. During his 23rd birthday, pirates raided his village. They took everything the village had, and attempted to take Leon forcibly as a shipbuilder. He only agreed in order to prevent them from taking his family instead. For four years he worked as a slave on their ship, unable to watch his child grow up. On the fourth year, the crew came upon a very valuable treasure. The Kage Kage no Mi had been pillaged from a naval ship, and the captain held a celebration in order to initiate himself. The party was cut short as they were attacked by two other naval ships. They were fired upon and boarded, and in the commotion, his captain was defeated and arrested. Leon was able to escape with the fruit, his life, and a small life boat.

His life after that was rough. He had become so hungry that he eventually consumed the fruit, and gained its abilities. He spent two years searching for a pirate crew who would take him in, with hopes that one day he would be able to return to his village. When he found one and made his way back, his wife had remarried and his child had forgotten him. Devastated, he decided to become a pirate permanently. The crew that had ferried him to his home island did not agree to his method of killing anyone that got in his way, and promptly released him from their crew.

Over the years leading up to this day, he has been with three other pirate ships, the first abandoned because his captain was considered cowardly, and the final one was completely killed by the very same captain who took him from his family years ago. The captain of this ship was only 19 years old, and had convinced him to join because he had come to the aid of a civilian during a bar scene. The kid was a brave boy who had a somewhat similar past to his own, a family taken by pirates. The rest of the crew were as loyal as Leon was to the boy, and they sailed the seas, careless and free. Leon never asked the kid what his goal was, and the kid never asked him what his was. Life had become comfortable again until they were slaughtered in an ambush. His old captain had been sprung from prison and had spent years tracking down Leon for stealing his fruit.

"The only reason I am leaving you alive." The man said, "Is because I know your life is more painful than any afterlife I could send you to." With these words, the captain had taken Leon's life again. He was left in a lifeboat to float for days with minimal food.

Leon knows the captain will search for The One Piece, and he will follow. His lifeboat has drifted to Louguetown and he is looking for a captain and food.

Devil Fruit/Equipment/Weapon: Kage Kage no Mi, also uses a scythe and a katana.

Goal/Dream: To be the most feared man on the seas and to kill the captain that took his life.

Other/Quirks: -Favortie food is bread
-His last name is not his actual last name.
-He dislikes the taste of lobster
-Can build and repair a ship
-Can be on par with a master swordsman (but would eventually lose due to a lack of specializing.)
-Cant cook, tries to cook
-Often speaks without using titles, and can be very blunt.

Current Bounty: 40,000,000 (He is the oldest member on the ship so far, his bounty would be naturally high)
-Murder -Destruction of Property
-Arson -Thievery
-Piracy -Excessive Loitering

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@heretostay- Alright, sounds good.

@Khawill- Thanks for making the changes we asked. You're accepted! Welcome to the RP! I'll add your character into the character database.

Keep in mind that Raikiri and I will be updating the database regularly as new characters are introduced, or as new information is found out about already-introduced characters. This will happen more often during the IC.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Trying to come up with some kind of quirk for your character can actually be really hard. I don't know why, but everything I think of just seems kind of foamed in.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@Sir Bastian- Yeah, tell me about it! I had trouble myself finding a good quirk as well. It's obviously not required, but it completes the One Piece experience, imo.

Here's some ideas of some I just thought of: Zoro, Sanji and Luffy all have a quirk focusing on one particular thing (swordsmen, women, meat). Maybe something your character particularly dislikes or likes? Like food, a certain word? Maybe he/she picked up something that they consider normal along their lives that really isn't, like sleeping with your feet on the pillow, or eating bananas with the peel on? Maybe they make a face whenever someone says a certain word, or has mood swings that adjust depending on the weather? Just a few ideas I just thought of right now. Hope it gets you started!

Years
Sorry about how long this is taking, I have been having a bit of trouble finding time to write the history out but I'm going to make a start now and try to have it finished tonight.

@Khawill - Excessive loitering? That's brilliant xD

Also, I'm thinking of adding in that Skellen has a tendency to talk to his plants/assorted poisonous animals.

Edit: My SU is finished now. Let me know if there's anything I need to do.

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Looks good to me, gimmepie! If SV gives the okay, you are fine by me, but we will probably discuss it to be safe. We'll let you know what's up ASAP.

Keep it up guys! Just a few more and we can start.

Back