• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long have you played?

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
I am new to the forums (this is my first post) and I was wondering when everyone started playing. I started playing the pokemon series when red and blue first released on the fat gameboy. I then moved onto yellow (probably one of my favorites because pikachu got to follow me around which was amazing). I then got a pen pal in school and she would send me all of these cool pokemon that werent out here like pichu about 4 months before he made an appearance here.

Anyway back on topic (lol im a little ADD), i then got gold and silver then i got crystal as well. i played ruby and sapphire and that is where i took a leave of absence for a long time because i had a psp and didnt get a ds until christmas and i got a 3ds xl on sale. I bought pokemon white 2 and played it and recently bought heart gold diamond and platinum.

When i was younger my house burned and i lost all 5000+ cards I had. I had over 120 holographic
ones :(. I was/am such a huge pokemon fan it isnt funny.

Thanks for having me here I look forward to getting caught up on the generations i missed in pokemon.

I started the week pokemon came out in the US. I saved my birthday money to get blue (i got it first)

Last edited:
Years
Glad you've found your way to PC! Since this question is asking a question about the games (despite some other stories thrown in), I'm going to move this thread over to Pokemon Gaming Central.

I can say that, despite being a Pokemon fan from the beginning, I didn't actually get into the games until a few years after they came out. I borrowed Yellow for a while from my cousin, but I didn't actually one a game of my own until Gold, which I got for my 10th birthday.

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
I miss the red and blue days. I remember getting my mew through my friends gameshark to complete the pokedex. I bragged about it for months lol. I was the first one to complete the pokedex of all my friends.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

I've played around 15k+ hours by now I guess. Considering the last time I checked was a few years ago, when I stopped (to play more non-pokemon games, lol). I had 10k+ hours back then. Ah~ my childhood was rich with pokemon.

Years
Despite being a fan of pokémon since the anime came out in my country around 1999 (I was like 4 years old), I didn't own (or played for that matter) a game of the franchise until 2008 when I traded my Super Mario Bros 3 of GBA for a Pokémon Blue. Few months later I got FireRed which till this day is my favorite of all the pokemon games.

I don't have my Game Boy anymore but I'm playing FireRed (Ultra Violet actually), Emerald, Red, Crystal and a few hacks in my cellphone thanks to an emulator.

I don't play much the DS games but I still catch up with the news of the franchise.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I started playing Pokemon around the time Gold and Silver were just being released. I loved watching the anime at the daycare I was at, and learned there were also Pokemon games from friends who already owned a Game Boy. My godmother felt bad that I didn't have a Game Boy yet, so she got me one. My first game was actually the TGC game for the Game Boy Color. Then I got all three Gen 1 games for Christmas that year, and Gold Version the following one.

I've been playing Pokemon games ever since, and most likely won't stop.

The Local Joke

Trubbish in the Classroom
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
When I was younger, I had no idea there were games. I saw the TV show first, and after some time I bought a guide for Red/Blue (yet it still didn't click that they might be games until much later, since I was about five or six and incredibly stupid). I was constantly reading the game, and one day my mom suggested we get some game systems. My first systems were a PS2 and a GBA SP. My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Silver.

I didn't really understand the Pokemon mechanics fully until Ruby and Sapphire.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I started playing around the time Yellow was the latest release.
I would of been like 11 I think. so that would be 10 years ?

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
Im 23 now. My mom owned a day care center back then and so the after school kids that came would all play it for the 3 hours until we closed. It was epic back then. Sadly none of the people i used to play with back then have kept in touch :(. I got a friend i graduated high school with that has the pikachu 3ds xl (it is amazing i want one so bad) and we still talk about it quite a bit.

Sirfetch’d

I started right when Blue was released so I was like 7 or so? I don't remember exactly, but I have played since the beginning!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I was introduced to the series in 2006 with the first Mystery Dungeon, which springboarded me to the franchise. So, about 7-8 years?

I've mostly played the DS games, due to it being my most played console, although I am partial to the GBA games. The DS games (Pokémon Pearl to be more precise) was when I really got into the series.

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
I started right when Blue was released so I was like 7 or so? I don't remember exactly, but I have played since the beginning!

Thats awesome! you started when I did! I am 23 now and it came out right after my birthday (I was born in late august and it came out in september). What starter did you start with?

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I got into pokemon at age 6, with the anime, but my first game wasn't until Pokemon Stadium, which I got waaaay late, way after Pokemon Stadium 2 was already released. I never owned a Gameboy, GBA, or GC, so my first handheld version of pokemon was Pokemon Diamond.

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
I got into pokemon at age 6, with the anime, but my first game wasn't until Pokemon Stadium, which I got waaaay late, way after Pokemon Stadium 2 was already released. I never owned a Gameboy, GBA, or GC, so my first handheld version of pokemon was Pokemon Diamond.

I played pokemon stadium on my N64 back in the day too. It was awesome. I loved my N64. I miss it.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I played the GameBoy Color and Nintendo 64 games from 1998-2008. I have Yellow, Blue, Silver and Crystal. I had Gold but it was stolen. I also have Pokémon Stadium 2 and a few other N64 games like Pokémon Snap and Pokémon Puzzle League, but I seem to have misplaced those. I stopped playing the games when my Crystal dried up and then found out the other GameBoy ones did too. Not sure when I'll play them again.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
I started playing when Silver version came out. (Think it was the year 2000? Oh well I know it's close to that.) and haven't stopped ever since.

Years
played red/blue/yellow n silver from bout '98 to 2001 or so

then i quit

now im playin all my old cartridges again on GB

i would get intot ha new 1's but they look alot mo complicated

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
My mom me bought Blue Version a year after it's release when I was 7 and I've been hooked ever since.

I never played any of the crap-tastic spin-off games like Ranger or Mystery Dungeons. I stuck to the turn-based games and all their variations. Stuff like Stadium.

Back