• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Creating a Pokemon League

Maci12

Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
Hey everyone, Maci12 here, and this is a fun event that I'm bringing to the forums for two reasons:

1. It's a lot of fun and you can get really creative.
2. I'm going to use some of the Gyms & Elite 4s created here in my Rom Hack & gives credit to whoever makes it.

Let me explain number 2. I am in the early stages of my Rom Hack, and right now I am planning all the Gyms and Gym Leaders out so that I can add the necessary pokemon into the Rom. I am a creative person, but lately a lot of my potential Gyms have been a little drab, so I'm looking for interesting ones to put into my rom. If I use your Gym, I will give you credit in the Rom.
========================
Okay, the following is the template you must use:

Gym Name
Gym Type(s)
Gym Number

Gym Sign: (Gym Name & Gym Leader in a signish way) EX: Iceflow Valley Gym. Leader: Joshua the Ice Prodigy.
Gym Nerd Speech: (The guy who informs you about the Gym who no one really talks to =P)

Gym Trainers (Minimum of 2)

Trainer 1

Opening Speech: ............

Team (Pictures & Levels must be included)

Closing Speech: ............

Trainer 2

Gym Leader

Opening Speech:

Team (Pictures, Levels, & Movesets must be included)

Closing Speech:

Final Words:

TM:
Badge:
ROUND 2

Gym Name
Gym Type(s)
Gym Number

Gym Leader

Opening Speech:

Closing Speech:

Final Words:

These are the REQUIRED things; there are many other small details you can add to your Gym such as Gym Puzzle and other things.

Pictures & Levels must be included for all the Pokemon. On the Gym Leader's Pokemon a moveset, picture, & level is required. Also, you are required to make a Round 2 Gym, meaning that you have to make your gym, only at a much more advanced level & with more advanced pokemon. This is because in the rom, I am going to make it possible to fight each gym leader twice.

The following is where I will mark if your Gym/Elite 4/Rival is in The ROM:

Gym 1 - Skim Shot's Water Gym [CONGRATS!]
Gym 2 - ooOpposite Day's Electric Gym [CONGRATS!]
Gym 3 - Eos Dauro's Psychic Gym [CONGRATS!]
Gym 4 - Ghostly Phoenix's Fighting Gym [CONGRATS!]
Gym 5 - ooOpposite Day's Flying Gym [CONGRATS!]
Gym 6 - Syrynn's Dragon Gym [CONGRATS!]
Gym 7 - SkipShot's & ooOppositeDay's dual Steel/Ice Gym [CONGRATS!]
Gym 8 - Zeta Dimentio's Fire / Electric Gym [CONGRATS!]

Elite 4 (1) -
Elite 4 (2) -
Elite 4 (3) -
Elite 4 (4) -
Champion - Maci12: The typing shall remain a mystery until I unveil my Champion in all its splendor

The type of Rivals there are will be chosen by the community: I will post a poll of various different Rival combos, and the most voted for will be the set of Rivals.

At the end of each round of Gym Making, I will add the gym I think is the best to this list. More details on the rounds can be found in the Important Dates section of this post.
========================
Once all 8 Gyms are decided, the Elite 4 will be decided as well. I will be making the Champion Battle. After that, the Rival Battles are made, and then we are done. The templates for the Rival Sign Up/Elite 4 Sign Up will be posted later.
========================
Level Ranges
========================
These ranges applies to the leader's pokemon only, the Gym Trainer's Pokemon Levels are roughly 4 levels lower than the leaders lowest level pokemon, but that's really up to you. Obviously, your going to have a smaller range of numbers than these do, I'm simply stating what the lowest acceptable level and the highest acceptable levels are.

Gym 1 - 16 - 22 [Round 2 = 70-74]
Gym 2 - 20 - 28 [Round 2 = 72-76]
Gym 3 - 25 - 34 [Round 2 = 73-77]
Gym 4 - 30 - 42 [Round 2 = 75-79]
Gym 5 - 39 - 48 [Round 2 = 76-79]
Gym 6 - 43 - 52 [Round 2 = 78-81]
Gym 7 - 48 - 56 [Round 2 = 80-83]
Gym 8 - 56 - 61 [Round 2 = 85-90]
Elite 4 (1) - 62 - 71 [Round 2 = 84 - 93]
Elite 4 (2) - 65 - 74 [Round 2 = 87 - 96]
Elite 4 (3) - 67 - 76 [Round 2 = 89 - 98]
Elite 4 (4) - 69 - 78 [Round 2 = 91 - 100]
Champion - 75 - 85 [Round 2 = 97 - 107] (Yes, with my editor I can break 100 =])
========================
Important Dates
========================
Unlike some other Create a Gym type things, because I am using some of the Gyms from this post, I am doing this in an organized fashion. Every day I will open up ONE Gym for people to make gyms for. At the end of that day, I will decide who made the best gym, add it to my list, and that Gym will be closed for the rest of the process. There will be no posting ahead of time, or I will disregard your gym regardless of how well made it is. The dates for the Gym Posting are as follows:

10/11/09 - Gym 1 Opens
10/13/09 - Gym 1 Closes. Gym 2 Opens.
10/15/09 - Gym 2 Closes. Gym 3 Opens.
10/17/09 - Gym 3 Closes. Gym 4 Opens.
10/19/09 - Gym 4 Closes. Gym 5 Opens.
10/21/09 - Gym 5 Closes. Gym 6 Opens.
10/23/09 - Gym 6 Closes. Gym 7 Opens.
10/25/09 - Gym 7 Closes. Gym 8 Opens.
10/28/09 - Gym 8 Closes. Elite 4 Typing Poll Opens
10/29/09 - Elite 4 Typing Poll Closes @ 12:00 a.m. server time. The results decide the Elite 4 typing.
10/30/09 - Elite 4 (1) Closes. Elite 4 (2) Opens
10/1/09 - Elite 4 (2) Closes. Elite 4 (3) Opens (HAPPY HALLOWEEN!)
11/4/09 - Elite 4 (3) Closes. Elite 4 (4) Opens
11/7/09 - Elite 4 (4) Closes. Rival 1 Opens.
11/10/09 - Rival 1 Closes. Rival 2 Opens.
11/13/09 - Rival 2 Closes. Rival 3 Opens.
11/16/09 - Rival 3 Closes. Rival 4 Opens.
11/19/09 - Project Closes. This has been a fun ride!

Keep these dates in mind if you want a specific Gym or Elite member.
Each round starts and closes at 12:00 p.m. EST on the day posted, you have 2 days to make a Gym =).
========================
Final Notes
========================
As you can probably tell from the level ranges, I am making a challening Rom that moves at a quicker pace than normal both level wise and evolution wise. Illegal evolutions ARE ALLOWED. This means that is a pokemon is fully evolved at 36 and you have it fully evolved at 22 for your Gym Leader this is okay!

When the time comes for the Pokemon League Trainers, you will see my Champion set, and I will update this post with the Level Ranges for the Elites.

Also, I would love to see some quality Fakemon from anyone who has them, however if you use them please PM me their Base stats & prevolutions (if they have them), because I think some Fakemon are awesome. I'm using a Smogon CAP for my Champion, for example.

Go crazy, have lots of fun, and I will comment on some of the Gyms that I feel have potential to be even greater. If you have any questions, please ask me and I will do my best to answer them =).

Last edited:

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
This sounds really fun, I'd love to create a gym.... but seriously, we only have 1 day to post our gyms? It's nearing the end of the day where I am, I only have a couple of hours to create an entire gym? And some of us have jobs and stuff too..... I don't want to moan too much, but I reckon you'd get a lot more applications if you kept it open for a bit longer.

Maci12

Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
You're right of course =P I wasn't thinking realistically. I have updated the main post: You now have 2 days to do each gym, and all the times are based on EST, meaning that there are roughly 33 hours left to make the first gym =).

Last edited:

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
Years
Blarg, American dates got me confused for a second XD I'm probably gonna knock together a bug type gym. Bugs don't get enough love and they work pretty well as a first gym - they can be fully evolved by level 10, which is the point which most first gym leader's pokemon are anyway :D

So yeah, I'll post a bug-type gym here sometime pretty soon.

Folias Gym
Bug
Gym

Gym Trainers

Bug Catcher Eric [Bug]

Opening Speech: Y'know what the best thing is about bugs? They evolve real easy!

Spr_4h_011.png
LvL 7

Spr_4h_014.png
Lvl 7

Closing Speech: They may have evolved, but cocoons aren't great at battling...

Bug Maniac Trevor [Bug]

Opening Speech: I breed my Pokémon especially for battle!

Spr_4h_193.png
LvL 10

Closing Speech: What a waste of time...

NOTE: Only one of these has to be faced to reach the Gym Leader

Gym Leader

Leader Buzz [Bug]

Opening Speech: ...you want to battle? Fine, but you'd better not take me lightly. People are always looking down on Bug types, but they can be a dangerous opponent. Don't believe me? Fine! I'll beat you, to prove that they can be tough!

Spr_4h_167.png
LvL 8
- Poison Sting, String Shot, Scary Face, Constrict

Spr_4h_015.png
LvL 11
- Fury Attack, Poison Sting, Silver Wind

Closing Speech: Aw, man! I was meant to be showing how tough my Pokémon are and you wiped the floor with them! Thanks for the battle though, I really got to show off my Beedrill. Take this, as thanks.

(Player Obtains TM 62)

Final Words: That TM is for Silver Wind. It deals damage and has a chance of raising all of your stats! It can make a weak Pokémon instantly tougher in one turn! Don't think you're getting it for free though: next time you're in town I want another battle!

ROUND 2

Folias Gym
Bug
Gym 1

Gym Leader

Leader Buzz [Bug]

Opening Speech: Hey, it's you again! I've been getting a lot better - let me show you how tough my bugs have become!

Spr_4h_168.png
LvL 55
- Spider Web, Poison Jab, Psychic, Agility
Spr_4d_291.png
LvL 55
- X-Scissor, Agility, Slash, Swords Dance
Spr_4h_012_f.png
LvL 57
- Bug Buzz, Silver Wind, Psybeam, Safeguard
Spr_4h_015.png
LvL 60
- Poison Jab, Twineedle, Toxic Spikes, Agility

Closing Speech: Not again! Beedrill's down and out!

Final Words: I guess I have a lot more training to do. Me and my bugs will be the toughest eventually, but not just yet...

Last edited:

Maci12

Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
Blarg, American dates got me confused for a second XD I'm probably gonna knock together a bug type gym. Bugs don't get enough love and they work pretty well as a first gym - they can be fully evolved by level 10, which is the point which most first gym leader's pokemon are anyway :D

So yeah, I'll post a bug-type gym here sometime pretty soon.

Haha Cool! And remember, you don't have to shy away from strong fully evolved pokemon for the first gym either. This rom is meant to be hugely challenging, so I give you full freedom to experiment with more powerful pokemon like Heracross or Scizor even for the first gym :D.

Charmageddon

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
OK, I'll post a gym tomorrow then. It's probably going to be a Psychic-type gym, since they never get to feature much at the start of the game.

Maci12

Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
It doesn't suck at all! I see a lot of potential in it. I just have some little tips to make it even better for this Round. Here are my little nitpicks =)

1. The Round 1 levels are a little low for the Gym Leader (see the original post for suggested levels) The round 2 levels should each be 10 higher according to the guideline =).

2. In Round 2, the Gym Leader has to have 5 pokemon; but thats my fault completely for not making that clearer.

3. Don't be afraid of using Scizor, Heracross, or Yanmega, as they are the most competetively viable bugs, and all fit in greatly with your theme (Yanmega especially). You can use one of them in Round 1 and as many of them as you want in round 2.
=========
Thank you so much for putting this gym forth, I like how eager you were to get it out here =).
==========
Just a reminder: it is now 12:00 EST, meaning there are 24 hours left to post the first Gym! Read the original post and be as creative as possible: I hope to see some snazzy Gyms!

Last edited:

Charmageddon

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
Here's mine:

Precognia Gym
Psychic
Gym 1

Puzzle: A basic path.

Sign: Precognia Gym. Type: Psychic. Leader: Angela. The soft-hearted seer.

Gym guy's dialogue: Hey there, newbie! The leader here's really quite something… she can see the future! Apparently, she battles to read her opponent's destinies. Mad, I know…. If you want to beat this gym, you're gonna need a bug, ghost or dark type. Psychic types are tough, good luck!

Gym Trainers

Psychic Matthew [Psychic]

Opening Speech: Angela has chosen me as her only gym trainer. She said she saw potential in me… but I could not ever hope to even come close to her power. Perhaps if I defeat you, I could get one step further…

Spr_4p_177.png

Natu
Lvl. 17
Early Bird
- Aerial Ace
- Night Shade
- Confuse Ray
- Lucky Chant

Spr_4p_436.png

Bronzor
Lvl. 18
Levitate
- Confusion
- Hypnosis
- Dream Eater
- Gyro Ball

Closing Speech: I was never meant to beat you; your destiny was to continue.…. Hey, I'm getting the hang of this prediction lark!

Gym Leader

Leader Angela [Psychic]

Appearance: Female, mid-twenties, but with the look of someone older. Pale skin, long curly black hair, bright blue eyes.

Opening Speech: Welcome to Precognia. Here, many young trainers start their journey… it is something of a gift to live here, to see bonds being made, paths being taken…. so many people unaware of the destiny that awaits them. I see that destiny. Gifted from a young age, the futures of people and Pokemon are laid out before me like the pages of a book. And what awaits you, my young friend?

Spr_4p_281.png

Kirlia
Lvl. 19
Trace
- Confusion
- Grass Knot
- Charge Beam
- Shadow Ball

Spr_4d_343.png

Baltoy
Lvl. 18
Levitate
- Psybeam
- Mud Slap
- Future Sight
- Explosion

Spr_4d_178_m.png

Xatu
Lvl. 22
Synchronise
- Roost
- Endure
- Future Sight
- Psychic

Closing Speech: I see. It is clear what awaits you. I can see your future, what victories and catastrophies you will endure. You wish me to clarify? Now, that would be telling, wouldn't it?

(Player Obtains the Destiny Badge and TM Future Sight)

Final Words: Future Sight…. Your Pokemon looks into the future and strikes through time. It is quite beautiful to see. Now go on. The bonds with your Pokemon are strong, I can tell you that. You have no idea what is to become of you….. enjoy that mystery.

I hope it isn't too overpowered…. Then again you did say it was supposed to be extra-hard and the first post specifies levels 16-22 so, yeah.

Rematch:
- Espeon
- Gardevoir
- Spiritomb
- Claydol
- Xatu
- Metagross/Latias

Usually I wouldn't use legendaries in a gym leader's line-up, but you used both Moltres and Raikou in the example, so I thought I'd put in Latias. Latias would be more suited to the gym I think, but Metagross is pretty damn strong, and so I put him in, in case you decide against using legendaries.

What do y'think?

Maci12

Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
That's a great gym! It has everything I can ask for from it: The levels, the movesets, its perfect! For the rematch though, could you possibly put the levels and movesets just ecause tis one of the requirements =P. I have no problem with Latias being in a gym, its OU so it's fine. Thank you so much for bringing this gym to the table =).

Also, I would love to see some quality Fakemon from anyone who has them, however if you use them please PM me their Base stats & prevolutions (if they have them), because I think some Fakemon are awesome. I'm using a Smogon CAP for my Champion, for example.

Looking for more gyms! There are essentially 12 hours left to post your Gyms so go ahead and get them out here; at 12:00 a.m. EST, I will decide the First Gym.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
Heh, this looks like fun. Time to try one out!

Lorango Gym
Water Type
Gym 1

The Puzzle

The player will have to manuever his way around several rocks, waterfalls, and stairs to reach the gym leader. Be careful, as some routes lead to dead ends and gym trainers!

Round 1

Gym Trainers

Swimmer(Female) Kristen (Water)

Opening Dialogue: You better be careful, because only the Gym Leader can match my speed in the water!

dpmfa370.png

Luvdisc
Level 16
Swift Swim

Charm
Water Gun
Agility
Hidden Power

dpmfa120.png

Staryu
Level 16
Natural Cure

Water Gun
Rapid Spin
Recover
Harden

dpmfa060.png

Poliwag
Level 17
Water Absorb

Water Gun
Hypnosis
DoubleSlap
Encore

Closing Speech: I forgot that speed wasn't everything about battling.

Swimmer (Male) Patch (Water)

Opening Speech: You're challenging Casey? Ha! I'll crush you first!

dpmfa318.png

Carvanha
Rough Skin
Level 17

Bite
Ice Fang
Scary Face
Focus Energy

dpmfa456.png

Finneon
Swift Swim
Level 17

Gust
Rain Dance
Water Gun
Pound

dpmfa418.png

Buizel
Swift Swim
Level 18

Pursuit
Water Gun
Headbutt
Swift

Closing Speech: How did that happen?!

Gym Leader

Leader Casey (Water)

Opening Speech: Hello there! I'm Casey, and I'm known as one of the fastest swimmers in the region! Because of that, I can communicate greatly with my water Pokemon, which is why I am a Gym Leader! Show me what you've got!

dpmfa007.png

Squirtle
Torrent
Level 18

Bite
Water Gun
Fake Out
Yawn

dpmfa170.png

Chinchou
Volt Absorb
Level 18

Water Gun
Confuse Ray
Brine
Thunder Wave

dpmfa394.png

Prinplup@ Sitrus Berry
Torrent
Level 21

Brine
Peck
Metal Claw
Bide

Defeat Speech: How were you able to defeat my powered-up water Pokemon! You're a real hotshot!

Closing Speech: (User Obtains Pool Badge) Congratulations on your victory, (name)! I'm glad I had an amazing battle with you! As a token of our battle, please take this TM with you! (User obtains TM55 Brine!) Brine is an attack that powers up as your opponents get weaker, just like I do in races! I hope you come back sometime, as I would love to battle you again!

Round 2

Lorango Gym
Water Type
Gym 1

Gym Leader

Leader Casey (Water)

Opening Speech: Hey (name), its nice to see you again! I'm glad you came, because I've been training ever since our last battle, and I'm up for a rematch! Are you ready? Then let's get started!

dpmfa260.png

Swampert
Torrent
Level 70

Earthquake
Surf
Ice Beam
Hammer Arm

p1.png

Arghonaut
Unaware
Level 70

Wring Out
Waterfall
Recover
Ice Punch

dpmfa009.png

Blastoise
Torrent
Level 71

Brine
Skull Bash
Ice Beam
Rain Dance

dpmfa171.png

Lanturn
Volt Absorb
Level 71

Discharge
Confuse Ray
Hydro Pump
Brine

dpmfa230.png

Kingdra
Swift Swim
Level 72

Dragon Pulse
Outrage
Waterfall
Brine

dpmfa395.png

Empoleon @ Sitrus Berry
Torrent
Level 74

Flash Cannon
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Brine

Defeat Speech: You were able to take me down again! You really are a hotshot!

Closing Speech: You're definitely one of the greatest trainers I have ever battled. Thank you again for such a great battle! I'll continually train, and hopefully we'll meet up again someday!

Quick Edit: I saw the fakemon request, and its time to pull from CAP...

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1706418#post1706418 for all info.

Maci12

Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
Haha I love it! Arghonaut is a great CAP and is brilliant with your Gym. You really went above and beyond with the Trainer movesets, but I have to dissapoint you as you can't reliably put in Trainer movesets with the Trainer Editor I use, only Gym Leader sets. You didn't miss anything from the OP, and its a great gym! You don't need to PM Arghonaut's stats as I can obviously get the from Smogon. Thank you so much for sharing this =).

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
Haha I love it! Arghonaut is a great CAP and is brilliant with your Gym. You really went above and beyond with the Trainer movesets, but I have to dissapoint you as you can't reliably put in Trainer movesets with the Trainer Editor I use, only Gym Leader sets. You didn't miss anything from the OP, and its a great gym! You don't need to PM Arghonaut's stats as I can obviously get the from Smogon. Thank you so much for sharing this =).

Ah, oh well, at least I get to keep the Gym Leaders the same way! Thanks for taking a look! This is kinda inspiring me to start over on a fanfic that I have 8 unique gym leaders (no e4)...

Maci12

Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
Haha that's cool. Yeah, I'm having a lot of fun just looking at them. Also, I am mapping the hack (in addition to quite a few other things =P), so at the end of the whole project, I will post the pictures of the winning gyms' maps.

Keep them coming!

Charmageddon

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
That's a great gym! It has everything I can ask for from it: The levels, the movesets, its perfect!

Thanks! :)

For the rematch though, could you possibly put the levels and movesets just ecause tis one of the requirements =P.

Is it alright if I post the levels/movesets tomorrow? I know it's past the deadline, but I've already posted the main part of the gym so....

Also, I would love to see some quality Fakemon from anyone who has them, however if you use them please PM me their Base stats & prevolutions (if they have them), because I think some Fakemon are awesome.

*cough*signature*cough*

PM me your e-mail adress and I can send you a document with details of all my Fakemon. No sprites or anything though.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
Heh, my turn! :D

Redwood Gym
Grass

Puzzle: A couple of vines that fades away and pops up, depending on where you walk. (If you've been to the Distortion world in Pkmn Platinum, you know what I'm talking about).

Sign: Redwood City Pokémon Gym
Leader:
Arbor
"The root of all evil"

The "gym nerd" dialogue:
"Yello there! I suppose this is your first time to a magnificent gym like this? No matter what, I like helping rookies out, so I'll give you a pro tip: Redwood is a Grass-type user. Burn him with your guts, or swoop down on him from above!"

Gym Trainers

Flower Lady Mirabel [Grass]

Opening Speech:
Fun fact: Did you know that plants grow better if people talk to them?

Spr_4d_273.png
Lvl 16

Spr_4h_188.png
Lvl 18

Closing Speech:
OH COME ON! DO SOMETHING!

After battle speech:
...I think yelling is supposed to help too..

Youngster Harley [Grass]
Opening Speech: I warn you, my pokémon can dish out some real damage!
Spr_4h_043.png
Lvl 14
Spr_4h_043.png
Lvl 16
Spr_4h_043.png
Lvl 19

Closing speech:
We ended up being nothing but a dishtraction..
After battle speech: Yeah, I know, I know, but I just can't help dishing out these puns!

Gym Leader

Leader Arbor [Grass]

Appearance: Male. Dark hair with a short spiky haircut and closed eyes. He sits peacefully with his eyes closed, his legs crossed, and his dark green skirt unbuttoned. Has a rather tan skin, complete with a couple of light brown pants and nothing on his feet.

Opening Speech:
"Plants are fantastic. You sow a seed, you nurture it, cut away the weeds, and eventually, with constant love and care, it grows into something much bigger than it originally was. Plants and humans are very much alike in that fashion. You, however, are nothing but a disease to my plants! Forward, my arboreal army!"

Spr_4h_187.png
Hoppip lvl 17
Leaf Guard
- Sunny Day
- Sleep Powder
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Spr_4h_070.png
Weepinbell lvl 20
Clorophyll
- Ingrain
- Tickle
- Vine Whip
- Sunny Day
275.png
Shiftry (nicknamed Shifty) lvl 22
Clorophyll
@ Sitrus Berry
- Razor Leaf
- Faint Attack
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Closing Speech:
If you can beat me, then you are one strong weed. Tell you what, you're worthy of the Root Badge!

(Player obtains the Root Badge and TM 05, Leech Seed)

Final Words:
Imagine small seeds spreading all over you. Then slowly growing.. and growing.. sucking your life away. That is the power of Leech Seed, use it well! But don't think I'm done with you yet! When you think you've become strong, then get back here for a rematch, so that I can eredicate you and your harmful prescence! Now LEAVE!
Rematch:
Spr_4h_189.png
Jumpluff lvl 72
Leaf Guard
@ Light Clay
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Memento
- Sleep Powder

Spr_4d_272_m.png
Ludicolo lvl 73
Rain Dish
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Seed Bomb
- Leech Seed

Spr_4d_286.png
Breloom lvl 75
Effect Spore
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Leech Seed

Spr_4h_071.png
Victreebel lvl 74
Clorophyll
- Leaf Blade
- Sludge Bomb
- Sunny Day
- Weather Ball

275.png
Shiftry (nicknamed Shifty) lvl 77
Clorophyll
@ Leftovers
- Dark Pulse
- Energy Ball
- Focus Punch
- Substitute

Don't even think of adding shagmin though D:

Last edited:

Maci12

Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
Haha, of course I don't need to see the sprites, that would be rather shady, but what I mean is, if there are any Fakemon you want to use for your gym, post it here and then PM me the details about it so I can use it in the hack. You can post the levels tomorrow, but the Gym 1 section will have already closed, its really up to you and your schedule =).

Keep the gyms coming! I want a wide variety to choose from tonight!

Edit: Just saw the Grass gym and I really like it. You have a lot of detail, the levels are all correct, and I love that you used a (illegal) evolved pokemon; it keeps things challenging, and everything is formatted correctly! Great job!

Last edited:

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
Haha, of course I don't need to see the sprites, that would be rather shady, but what I mean is, if there are any Fakemon you want to use for your gym, post it here and then PM me the details about it so I can use it in the hack. You can post the levels tomorrow, but the Gym 1 section will have already closed, its really up to you and your schedule =).

Keep the gyms coming! I want a wide variety to choose from tonight!

Edit: Just saw the Grass gym and I really like it. You have a lot of detail, the levels are all correct, and I love that you used a (illegal) fully evolved pokemon; it keeps things challenging, and everything is formatted correctly! Great job!

Hey, Shiftry is fully legal :P It evolves from Seedot to Nuzleaf at lvl 14 I think, and then it evolves by stone :P
(Weepinbell, on the other hand...)

Maci12

Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
ROUND 1 IS CLOSED!!!!

Congradulations to Skim Shot I loved your Water gym! It is the first Gym that will be in my Rom Hack so congradulations on that!

Great job everyone who submitted this round: my decision was most certainly a tough one to make. Remember, there are still 7 more gyms to make & the Elite 4, so keep submitting your work!​

Just some reminders for Round 2: Gym 2:​

There's a new template:​
Gym Name
Gym Type(s)
Gym Number

Gym Sign: (Gym Name & Gym Leader in a signish way) EX: Iceflow Valley Gym. Leader: Joshua the Ice Prodigy.
Gym Nerd Speech: (The guy who informs you about the Gym who no one really talks to =P)

Gym Trainers (Minimum of 2)

Trainer 1

Trainer 2

Gym Leader

Opening Speech:

Closing Speech:

Final Words:

TM:
Badge:
ROUND 2

Gym Name
Gym Type(s)
Gym Number

Gym Leader

Opening Speech:

Closing Speech:

Final Words:

And that's the new template: the original post will be updated with it.
==========================
Level Ranges for Gym 2
==========================​
Gym 2 - 23 - 28 [Round 2 = 72-76]

Because Gym 1's highest pokemon was a level 21, try and stay above that for your gym.

EDIT: Extensive changes have been made to the process, so its a good idea just to look back at the original post.

Also, Round 2 is officially open, so get to working on those gyms, you have roughly 48 hours from now until I close this round.​

Last edited:

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
Years
Terratrek Gym
Ground
Gym #2

Puzzle:Its a snakes and ladders deal, there are two platforms, one raises you up, the other drops you down, and the way to know which is by a tremor pattern, when you enter the room the floor shakes in a pattern, then one of the platforms mirrors it, that one raises you up to continue. The one that drops down goes to a room with the trainers, like the 8th Gym in RSE.

Gym Sign:
Terratrek Gym. Leader: Warren. Be prepared to quake with fear!
Gym Nerd Speech: How's our newest star? Welcoem to the Terratrek Gym, its a Ground type gym. Going in with water and grass is a good idea, but look out for any steel or fire Pokemon you might have!

Gym Trainers

Trainer 1
Cool Trainer Candace

Opening Speech: You look shaky, gotta have balance in this gym!

Team

Sandshrew.png

Level 23

Cubone2.png

Level 24

Closing Speech:
Ohh, guess I couldn't stay standing forever...

Trainer 2

Ruin Maniac Louis

Opening Speech: You gotta be able to dig it to take on the Gym Leader!

Team
231phanpy.png

Level 23

207gligar.png

Level 23

449hippopotas.png

Level 24

Closing Speech:
Blew it!! Hope the Leader's not mad!

Trainer 3
Ninja Boy Maurice

Opening Speech: Ha! Ninjas used to suprise enemies by burrowing, just like my Pokemon!

Sandshrew.png

Level 24

050diglett.png

Level 24

Closing Speech: Ugh, guess I should go back to my hole...

Gym Leader
Leader Warren (Ground)

Opening Speech: I'm the Gym Leader Warren, and be prepared to get buried! I've tunneled through the hardest stone and climbed the highest mountains, be ready to feel the quaking of my Pokemon kid!!

Team

449hippopotas.png

Level 25
-Yawn
-Take Down
-Dig
-Bite

Onix2.png

Level 26
-Dig
-Slam
-Rock Tomb
-Bind

Dugtrio.png

Level 28
-Dig
-Earth Power
-Sucker Punch
-Magnitude

Closing Speech:
I've been beaten... Congratulations kid...

Final Words:
I guess you deserve this badge(Receive Quake Badge). You could go far kid, here's something to give you that extra edge. (Receive TM 28-Dig). With that, you can burrow anywhere!

TM:
Tm 28-Dig
Badge: The Quake Badge

ROUND 2

Terratrek Gym
Gym Type-Ground
Gym #2

Gym Leader
Warren

Opening Speech: So, you've come back. Well, be prepared for a different battle, I've trained harder than ever before so I could defeat you!

Team
450hippowdon.png

Level-72
-Crunch
-Double Edge
-Earthquake
-Thunder Fang

208steelix.png

Level-72
-Dig
-Stone Edge
-Magnet Rise
-Iron Tail

Dugtrio.png

Level-74
-Dig
-Fissure
-Slash
-Night Slash

389torterra.png

Level-74
-Wood Hammer
-Earthquake
-Earth Power
-Leaf Storm

445garchomp.png

Level-75
-Dig
-Dragon Rush
-Fire Fang
-Sand Tomb

034nidoking.png

Level-76
-Megahorn
-Earth Power
-Horn Drill
-Head Smash

Closing Speech:
Lost again, I'll be stronger next time for your return!

Final Words:
Well, you certainly are a difficult opponent (name). You teach me that I have to train more, climb higher, thank you.

Last edited:
Back