• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

real life pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

danaxe

I long for kyurem powerz
Years
have any of you found any connections to real life in pokemon like

G e n g h i s K h a n
K a n g ? a s k h a n

do any of you see where it fits

so come on post your own relations to real life in pokemon

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Thing is Gens 1 and 2 are most closely related to real world ideas. If you think about it.

Fire burns up grass, Water puts out fire and Grass absorbs water.

There are Rodents (pikachu, rattata) Snakes, Lizards, and Sea horses (Seaking).

Its only recent generations that try to modify that and make them more like monsters versus actual animals. At least most of them

F1refly

Stuff and things
Years
Most are based on real life animals regardless, look at Black and White, there are pokemon based on American Animals, and since the region resembles Manhattan (To me at least) I can understand why.

Yanma reminds me of Mothra
Kangaskhan reminds me of a Kangaroo crossed with Godzilla
Patrat resembles a Meerkat (we get loads here where I live :) )

Most of the pokemon seem to either be based on Real Animals or Mythical Beings and in some cases it's more noticeable.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2013
Empoleon=Napoleon Bonaparte, Hitmonchan=Jackie Chan, Hitmonlee=Bruce Lee

Also like to add Empoleon is roughly the same height as Napoleon was, Empoleon's Japanese name is Emperte (sounds like Bonaparte) and Napoleon was the emperor of France.

danaxe

I long for kyurem powerz
Years
also it mentions another country in yellow in cinnabar mansion
i don't remember what country though

leguminous plants.
the many nutrition orbs on sceptile represent the nodes in the roots of these plants

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Even if they're your own threads, please don't revive them when they're over a month old!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back