• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012

First you need to decide what your team's tier is going to be, OU, UU, RU or NU?

I think UU. Sorry, but on PO how do you differentiate which trainers are using what tier teams?

Team so far:
-Empoleon
-Lanturn
-Ludicolo
-Swampert
-Slowbro
-________

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I think UU. Sorry, but on PO how do you differentiate which trainers are using what tier teams?

Team so far:
-Empoleon
-Lanturn
-Ludicolo
-Swampert
-Slowbro
-________

As a previous PO user, I'm guessing that the tier the person is using is below their name.

Azumarill could be an option in the last slot because of its Huge Power ability, but generally, Kingdra is better because of its good secondary STAB.

Here are some possible viable sets you can use for both Pokemon:
Azumarill:
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet
-Return/Double-Edge
-Ice Punch/Superpower
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power

or
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Waterfall/Ice Punch
-Aqua Jet/Toxic
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power

Kingdra:
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Outrage
-Rest
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Chesto Berry
Ability: Swift Swim/Sniper

or
-Rain Dance
-Hydro Pump
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Pulse/Surf
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim

or
-Substitute
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Waterfall
Item: Leftovers

or
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Outrage
-Rain Dance/Draco Meteor
Nature: Adamant/Lonely
Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2015
EDIT: See below. -_______-

Can someone help me explain this? I'm not sure how this could have possibly happened. I was playing PO, and a scizor came in against my haxorus. He swords dances as I E/Q, then I decide to switch to my magnezone to trap and finish him off. Buuuuut...somehow he went faster than my magnezone, which was both holding a scarf AND it had maximum speed EVs + timid nature (I just verified this). As you can see below the Scizor didn't have a scarf not only because he changed moves but also because of the lefties message. So how is this possible? There was no tailwind.

The relevant part of the battle log:
Spoiler:

So how did he move first with Superpower as I tried to use HP Fire?

EDIT: I'm an idiot. I rechecked the log for the 3rd time, and suddenly I see that Zone had been paralyzed a few turns before by a miltank. Ugh. PO really should get a better way to display status.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
Hey guys,

I've made a second attempt to make a UU team on PS. I still have no idea on what items are appropriate

Cobalion @ ?
Ability: Justified
-Stealth rock
-Close combat
-Iron head
-Volt switch

Slowbro @ quick claw
Ability: Regenerator
-Surf
-Flamethrower
-Psychic
-?

Zoroak @ ?
Ability: Illusion
-Dark pulse
-Flamethrower
-?
-?

Zapdos @ leftovers
Ability: lightningrod
-Discharge
-Overheat
-Detect
-*flying move?*

Snorlax @ quick claw
Ability: thick fat
-Psychic
-?
-?
-?

Rotom-fire @ focus sash
Ability: levitation
-Discharge
-Flamethrower
-HP grass
-?

I tried with random moves and I my opponent beat with three Pokemon.. Please help!
Thanks

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Hey guys,

I've made a second attempt to make a UU team on PS. I still have no idea on what items are appropriate

Cobalion @ ?
Ability: Justified
-Stealth rock
-Close combat
-Iron head
-Volt switch

Slowbro @ quick claw
Ability: Regenerator
-Surf
-Flamethrower
-Psychic
-?

Zoroak @ ?
Ability: Illusion
-Dark pulse
-Flamethrower
-?
-?

Zapdos @ leftovers
Ability: lightningrod
-Discharge
-Overheat
-Detect
-*flying move?*

Snorlax @ quick claw
Ability: thick fat
-Psychic
-?
-?
-?

Rotom-fire @ focus sash
Ability: levitation
-Discharge
-Flamethrower
-HP grass
-?

I tried with random moves and I my opponent beat with three Pokemon.. Please help!
Thanks

Okay, 1, Quick Claws are luck items are basically terrible choices. Secondly Snorlax has an abysmal base 65 special attack, you shouldn't be using Psychic.

I see nothing wrong with Cobalion's set; however you should really list nature's and Ev's, I know you're doing this for mainly items and movesets but we can also help you with them, too! :)

Cobalion could do with either Leftovers or a Life Orb. The latter would be more effective in this case as Cobalion has 3 offensive moves, 2 of which he receives STAB from.

Slowbro should just have leftovers. But, if you want Slowbro to pack a punch you could opt for Choice Specs?

Slowbro @ Choice Specs
Modest (+SpA; -Atk)
Regenerator
252 Hp / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
~ Scald / Surf
~ Psychic / Psyshock
~ Fire Blast
~ Grass Knot / Slack Off

This is one of Slowbro's least used sets, I think. I never really see anyone running this set but it could work if you run it properly. Otherwise you could just stick to Slowbro's standard set which is;

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold (+Def; -Atk)
Regenerator
248 Hp / 244 Def / 16 SpA
~ Scald
~ Fire Blast / Psyshock
~ Slack Off
~ Thunder Wave / Toxic

Slowbro makes an excellent physical wall, especially against Fighting attacks. Scald is your reliable STAB that has a nice 30% burn rate. I'd go for Psyshock for your second choice as Roserade doesn't fair to well against it. Slack Off is your reliable recovery move and Thunder Wave / Toxic is there to do what it says. Paralyze/Poison.

Zoroark should be used as a special sweeper holding a Life Orb.

Zoroark @ Life Orb
Timid (+Spe; -Atk)
Illusion
4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Night Daze
~ Flamethrower / Grass Knot / Substitute
~ Nasty Plot
~ Focus Blast

Flamethrower is the best option here, ngl.

Lightningrod on Zapdos hasn't been released, and it cannot learn Overheat... Did you mean Heat Wave?

Zapdos has a standard set that it runs well.

Zapdos @ Life Orb
Timid (+Spe; -Atk)
Pressure
4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Thunderbolt
~ Heat Wave
~ Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass
~ Roost

Since dropping to UU Hidden Power Grass would be the better option as people usually switch in Swampert to stop Zapdos in its tracks.

Since you only have 1 physical attacker I highly suggest that you have Snorlax take on an offensive role.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Careful (+SpD; -SpA)
Thick Fat
188 Hp / 104 Def / 216 SpD
~ Curse
~ Return / Body Slam
~ Crunch / Fire Punch / Earthquake
~ Rest / Selfdestruct

CurseLax is great. It has a huge Hp stat and a brilliant ability. It also has good special defense letting you sponge special based fire and ice moves. It has lackluster defense however Curse more than makes up for that. Boosting your base 110 attack and and 65 defense up to sky high and decent levels respectively. Return if you want power, Body Slam has reduced power but 30% of paralysis, it's your call. Sleep mechanics of this gen kinda screw over Rest. You could always just use one of the two you didn't pick for the 4th slot.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
To add to what Dragonomega said about Cobalion, its set is more for utility than for all-out offense. Over Iron Head, Toxic or HP Ice should be used (the former for crippling other walls and the latter for dealing with Flygon and Roserade, though Cobalion must use a Naive nature).

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
HP Ice Landorus IV's

Is it safe to say this is the quote un-quote "best" IV spread for my HP Ice Landorus?

IV's: 30 HP - 31 Atk - 30 Def - 31 SpD - 31 SpA - 31 Spe

Landorus @ Choice Scarf
Sand Force - EV: 252 Atk, 4 SpA, 252 Spe
Earthquake
Stone Edge
U-turn
HP Ice

A very offensive pokemon I figured, whose tiny loss of bulk would largely be OK when compared to sacrifices in speed to lose ties or weakened offensive capabilities.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Is it safe to say this is the quote un-quote "best" IV spread for my HP Ice Landorus?

IV's: 30 HP - 31 Atk - 30 Def - 31 SpD - 31 SpA - 31 Spe

Landorus @ Choice Scarf
Sand Force - EV: 252 Atk, 4 SpA, 252 Spe
Earthquake
Stone Edge
U-turn
HP Ice

A very offensive pokemon I figured, whose tiny loss of bulk would largely be OK when compared to sacrifices in speed to lose ties or weakened offensive capabilities.

Yes, this IV spread is viable for a HP Ice Landorus. The imperfect HP and Defense IVs aren't much of a concern.

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2012
Is there a list of all the banned setups?

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong section. Just wondering if there was a list of the banned setups. Team wise. Like a how a speed boost blaziken is banned.
I heard drought ninetails is banned also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back