• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Luvdisc: Good or Bad?

• Thread starter Pokémon Trainer 188
  • Start date

magolor

hsssah!
Years
I think it's kind of cute, and it's a nice feature that you need them to get heart scales.
But, really, when you think about it...

why does it not evolve into alomomola

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
When it comes to design, I really like Luvdisc. I think it's quite creative. It's got a heart-like shape, a pinkish body color, and a cute-looking face. What's not to like? Could put them into a fish bowl if you have one, and they'd liven up your house in an instant! Battling-wise, though… Luvdisc is, unfortunately, not that great. d: It has a base Speed of ninety-seven, which is good, but the rest of its stats are extremely low—especially defenses. Both of its defensive stats are near sixty, so if it ever gets struck by an attack like Giga Drain or Brave Bird, it's finished. Although it has a range of hard-hitting attacks in its movepool, it can't take full advantage of them due to having poor offenses. Luvdisc could make a good staller if you teach it Toxic, Sweet Kiss, Attract, and Protect, but you'd have to utilize very wisely. If you make one silly mistake, then your opponent could take it out in an instant.

I hope that they give an evolution to Luvdisc at some point in the future. That way, its stats would be fixed up a little and help it become more useful when battling. Either that, or they could give it a mega-evolution. I'd be fine with anything, to be honest, so long it gets something. (:

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
Luvdisc had mediocre stats. Unless someone is particularly fond of it's aesthetics, I see no reason why one would use it in R/S/E when there are many superior alternatives available.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Ehh, I don't really know how to feel about Luvdisc. I mean, it definitely has a cute design, and I actually really liked the idea of having a heart-shaped Pokemon. But sadly, the design is the only thing I could really see people liking about the Pokemon. It definitely doesn't have any traits aside from the heart scales that I could really see to be interesting, its performance in battle is especially not something to be amazed by, and generally, it's just down there. Well, that's at least what I've been able to deduce from the one time I actually used one, along with every other opinion I've ever heard about the Pokemon :p

One thing I'm very disappointed by however, is the huge opportunity to actually make it somewhat useful they let down, by not making it evolve into Alomola! I mean, despite not having a clue what Luvdisc is actually supposed to be, they both have similar shapes, and literally everyone and their mother has been pointing it out :p Admittedly, I don't have a clue whether Alomola is good or not, but it definitely hasn't gotten the same amount of hate Luvdisc has, so I imagine it to be an improvement in any case ;)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015
luvdisc: bad. only catch it for the possibility that it's holding a heart scale.

Typhon

'sup
Years
When I first saw it, I thought it was definitely interesting, I had taken quite a liking to it, and I thought it had an evolution. So I caught one, and looked at it's stats. They were horrible, with a horrible nature lmao. I was like "It must have an evolution!". I was dumb, and I trained it for a good while. I got tired, so I searched online and it had noo evolution. I literally released it, despite training it so many levels. :(

It's stats aren't horrible like Magikarp. I guess you could say it's one of those "filler" Pokémon, which are added just to fill up the Pokédex. Similar to Dunsparce, but they have better stats.

Back