• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Taking the challenge headfirst

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
What do you think will be the hardest challenge of playing to complete these new pokemon games, based on everything you know so far, or from what you aim to do in these games?

*I've asked this on the chat sometime ago, but I want to give more opportunities to give more people more and different answers.*

Last edited:

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
I am going to try to go in as blind as possible i wont be able to help my self looking at all Pokemon but i am going to catch and use Pokemon i think look cool and that i think i will like i usually plan my team before i play the game which i think takes the fun out of it a bit.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
1) Coping with the 3D. (Popping out of the screen.) Most of the time, I'll have the 3D off, because too much 3D makes my eyes really sore.

2) Finding a strong team, since I wouldn't have a clue which Pokemon are good and aren't so good. I'll just have to experiment and catch the ones I like the appearance of.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
There's always the challenge of choosing what Pokemon that should go on your team to make it strong, valuable and sustainable as well as determining the ones that you should stay away from like the plague. Since we're all going in mostly blind, we won't know much to expect, so that's a challenge in itself.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
The challenge is finding a suitable team with the new pokemon. With less information on the upcoming new pokemon, I'll be training blind without knowing how good or how aweful the pokemon i am training. I'll probably just train pokemon I like most. No info on the region could also mean possibility of running into circles. I rarely talk to NPCs so it might stray me away from the good things i might get during the journey. This will be a great experience on my part since no spoilers are going to be released by the time i get the game.I can't wait =D

Years
My main challenge is going to be to try not to spoil anything (except starters/legendaries) until the release.
Having said that, I think this is pretty impossible, especially for me. xD

Guy

just a guy
Years
Probably the main two things for me, like some, would be getting used to the new 3D world and trying to decide on which Pokémon I should use on my team. The benefit (or disadvantage?) is that with the worldwide release ─ and assuming the release date internationally is the same day as Japan ─ spoilers will be kept to a bare minimum comparably to games passed. Which means more or less some people will be going through the games blind depending on how fast the specifics are put up online.

At the same time, when I think about it, it's these challenges that I believe will make the games all the more fun.

But isn't the always the case? Sometimes. Maybe. No? Okay...

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
The challenge of completing Pokémon X and Pokémon Y... since there is little in the way of information about the storyline in the game, I would assume there would be some huge challenge like some Pokémon Gym puzzles, which would indeed be one of the hard challenges in the game, but most of all... would be the much higher leveled trainers in the game after you've finished it, knowing that all the other Pokémon games have post-game events and stuff occurring.

But yeah, I remember the days when I faced Pokémon Trainer Red in Pokémon Gold and his Pokémon were somewhere in the level 70's while his Pikachu was over level 80.

But a hard challenge... is a good challenge. For post-game events, that is. ;)

Back