• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Golurk vs Gigalith

Which one?????????

• Total voters

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
golurk.gif
6219A.png
gigalith.gif

THIS WEEK'S POLL IS COMPARING GOLURK & GIGALITH!
These two very large Pokemon both have high attack stats, but Gigalith has a higher defense stat but Golurk has a more varied movepool!

So, which one will win your vote? Here are some things to think about and help you decide! Which one would you use ingame and which would be victorious in a fight? How well they can do their job competitively, and which has a better chance of doing said job? (setting up!)

Just like all matchups, these will run each week comparing pokemon from the same tier until all tiers and all pokemon are used up. Here's a guide about tiers, but if you want to learn about how to more effectively use these pokemon on your team, check out the Battle Center!

So which one will you vote for? Please post if you vote in the poll! :)

Years
I mean come on, which one was I gonna pick? :P

But to be honest, I really like gigalith! I've never used one competitively, but ingame it was pretty good. If I were to use one ingame it would golurk, as it was a beast when I used it, even more so than gigalith. And also, I got a kick out of having golurk flying me around. If they were to fight the winner would be golurk, as it has many attacks to take down gigalith, with gigalith not having much in the way of retaliation (that I know of). Also, I think golurk might be faster, although that's not saying much haha. I honestly don't know who is better at their job, as I've never used (see my pun?) gigalith.

Sirfetch’d

Why would anyone want to use a Golurk on their team???

I went with Golurk because it is one of the best, if not the best Pokemon in NU. It has a massive attack stat, a great ability to accompany it, and great moves as well. Gigalith can do its job too, but I have never used it so from experience I am picking Golurk!

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I love them both but I'm gonna go with Golurk for the reasons mentioned above.

Great movepool, great ability, unique typing, and STAB Earthquake. Gigalith is awesome as well but pure rock types suffer from a lot of weaknesses and deficits.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
My vote goes to Golurk.
Which i really like them both but my favorite would go to Golurk reason being his design and movepool which i prefer over Gigalith's design & movepool.

Have never used Golurk before (at least not yet but plan on it) but currently am using Gigalith's pre-evolution in B2 during my short journey into the game so far.

As for them both battling it out i think it would be a heck of a battle between them, And pretty much even on certain terms. Although i would say a strategized Golurk would be my winner i could easily say the same for a well prepared Gigalith. I can't give you a clear cut winner but my bet would be with Golurk

Years
I voted Golurk since its movepool is superior to Gigalith's and I don't work well with Rock-types.

Golurk has STAB Earthquake, and would easily win a battle with Gigalith. Also, Iron Fist-boosted Shadow Punches and also, DynamicPunch is a godsend with its hidden ability No Guard. Also, the elemental punches was the reason why Black 2 & White 2 made it more useful. It would definitely win a battle against Gigalith for sure.

Cos, Golurk really is da bomb. (No puns intended)

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
golurk all the way, he has better moves than gigalith and he would win eeeeeaaaaassiiiilllyyy!

blue

gucci
Years
Gigalith.

I've always intended on using Golurk but never got round to it, Gigalith on the other hand helped me out so much in my Black playthrough. I also prefer Gigaliths design over Golurks.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Golurk, defs. It has the STAB advantage and Gigalith can do barely anything to it - even Exploding won't help! Plus Golurk generally has the more interesting typing, sooo. :)

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I like both of their designs but Golurk has a better typing, a much better movepool, and I like it's appearance a little more than Gigalith's.

Noire Silence

Noire Silence
Years
I vote golurk, Not just because of its awesome movepool and sprite, but because it has a little diversity in its skills. I can also learn earthquake, which at least does tons of damage to gigalith, if not fainting it. Golurk also has better health stats then gigalith, along with attack stats too. I think if they were to battle, Golurk would definately win.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I just wanna say before this gets too many reports:

Normal threads are dead within a month of not being posted in. however, here in the Fifth Generation Gaming Discussion, our Weekly Poll threads have no set "death", and as such can be posted in at any time. c:

It has been a rule that has been recognized by us, the mods of Fifth Gen, and has actually existed when the Fifth Generation games were still two separate sections.

Also, the fact that I need to reinstate that rule shows me how many people in fact do not read our rules, so again, I ask that all users visiting this section do so, they can be found here.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Honestly I don't like either but Gigalith's more fun to use in battle so I'll go with him! Ghost/Ground was wasted on Golurk and the concept just strikes me as too odd to get on board with whereas Gigalith is pretty basic but fun and carries some hidden quirks that no one would expect. Neither are anywhere close to being my favourites but Gigalith's slightly better!

Name

Moémon Master
Years
Gigalith has been the rock in my team since I can remember!
With her hard hitting moves and her awesome staying power she's able to dish out more than enough pain to make my opponents weep!

Back