• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2009] Pokémon: Azure Horizons

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2009
In Beta 1, I'd just like to point out that Snorunt's sprite has some strange transparencies of its facial features. I found this out by using Confusion with my Ralts and found that the Background of the attack was standing out on Snorunt's features.

Also the mapping need improvement.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I don't think he should, this hack has some of the most simple and brilliant maps I've ever seen.

~*Mew*~

Rom Hacker.
Years
Yeah, i agree with Alice.
The mapping is super-dooper.:P
I prefer the top trainer, than the bottom.
Because it makes a change.
Good luck!:)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Damn, I cannot beat the first gym leader, you made her so uber hard... (for me at least. XD;)

But, it's still a fun game, and I really don't care losing, the good thing is, I'll eventually win, since I'm at least beating her Yanma. ;o

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Damn, I cannot beat the first gym leader, you made her so uber hard... (for me at least. XD;)

But, it's still a fun game, and I really don't care losing, the good thing is, I'll eventually win, since I'm at least beating her Yanma. ;o

To me, Quinn is uber easy. I have Geodudes and stuff in my team, ya know. ;) And I really, or to say, extremely care if I lose or not, 'cause it weakens my personality of being a strong PKMN Trainer.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2016
i enjoyed the beta, the maps felt original and the little things made sense, like getting a town map after taking a tour of gordian tour

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
New update (kinda).

I've been working on the new areas for beta 2 and they've been going good so far. I would post some screenshots but my rom is on my other computer. Now I've been working on some other things too lately... mostly on the things with the hero. I've made his backsprite but I have no clue which to use. I'd like some opinions from you guys.
Spoiler:

Top one has long seelves and the bottom has short seelves.
I personally prefer the one with short-sleeves. It could just be the fact that I don't own many long-sleeve shirts (it doesn't get very cold where I live) but I think he looks better with short-sleeves. I'm not a spriter so I couldn't tell you which one is actually sprited better but aesthetically, the bottom one is more appealing.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
I'd say use the longer sleeves. Simply because it compliments on the name of the game and the temperature there, and it also adds originality to the original Pokémon games. BUT, the sprite needs to improved, because his arms don't look thick enough to have long sleeves.

Zaerr

>(((°> Fishy!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2023
I just started playing this and I have to say this is probably my favorite hack at the moment. The maps and blend of tiles really make it fun to play through. Also, about the backsprite I prefer the short sleeve to the long sleeve one. never really liked long sleeve shirts. Hope to see this hack progress even more. Good Luck!

Ven

Tyrian
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2011
Great game, I did find one little bug though.
bugc.png

Edit:
bugzzy.png

Found a tile error.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Recently, I've been working on polishing things up in the hack. I've been redesigning a few old maps and I'm planning on adding a couple of new events in some of the earlier areas to make things more interesting. Scarlet Town has gotten a complete redesign. I don't want to reveal any of its new mapping until you guys play in Beta 2. I also made new Trainer sprites as well. Jay and Leon has gotten a redesign and I've (finally) made one for the hero.

Spoiler:

All of these will be in Beta 2.

Last edited:
Back