• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Hi, I've got two issues:

- On route 7, as a test, I added two person events. When I entered the map, only one person event was present. Walking all the way up the map, made the other person event appear. However, the script was the same for both events (namely the script of the first dude). What is happening here? (To be clear; route 7 didn't had any person events before I added these.) what the heck, doesn't matter actually
On other maps however I didn't have this problem yet, so it isn't very urgent.

- I am trying to make persons appear and disappear. Can I insert any random Person ID nr. into the Person-ID-nr.-box in Amap? Or should it be an empty flag/variable/thingy?

Person ID must be the flag you set.

Flags are between 0x1 and 0x3FFF. Anything after is variables. So make the person, use hidesprite and the person event number and set a flag which is the person ID. 0x1000 and after are flags that you should use.

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
I'm trying to make a simple warp script. You step on the tile and you're somewhere else. I'm using

warp 0x4 0x1 0xFF 0x06 0x06

As the script. However, when I step on the tile, weird things happen. If I do not assign the 0003 and the 4050 then everything goes black the minute I step on it. If I do assign those, then the screen flashes black indefinitely. Does anyone know the problem?

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
Post the complete script here please... ;)
Warp one doesn't seem to be wrong... by the way you don't have to use 0s in 06 and 006.

warp 0x4 0x1 0xFF 0x06 0x06
end

I've tried it without the 0s in front of the 6s but it doesn't make a difference

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
Try this.
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
setvar 0x4050 0x1
0x4 0x1 0xFF 0x06 0x06
release
end

I fixed it, thanks for your help. The way I fixed it is that I changed the dimensions, and somehow it worked :P

Anyway, would you mind telling me what the setvar does in the script? I haven't really done much work with vars

Years
Person ID must be the flag you set.

Flags are between 0x1 and 0x3FFF. Anything after is variables. So make the person, use hidesprite and the person event number and set a flag which is the person ID. 0x1000 and after are flags that you should use.

Thanks alot! :) So it is normal that my person only disappears once the player begins to move (after I've run the setflag [peopleid] script), and therefore I have to use hidesprite. Right? Anyway, I think I understand! :p

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Okay, I tryed everything, but I can't get this level script to work it's a level script in players room, and when I try it in the game the screen just gose black.

here is the script
Spoiler:

here is the maps script
Spoiler:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Okay, I tryed everything, but I can't get this level script to work it's a level script in players room, and when I try it in the game the screen just gose black.

here is the script
Spoiler:

here is the maps script
Spoiler:

Use a type 2 level script instead of a type 3 level script. Changes in script.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I just did what you said, and it still dosen't work. I get the same problem as before a black screen, after the intro.
I see what you've done. Here's the fix.

---------------
#org 0x168CA3
#raw 0x2
#raw pointer 0x8168CBE
#raw 0x0
'---------------
#org 0x168CBE
#raw word 0x4056
#raw word 0x0
#raw pointer 0x871A5BC
#raw word 0x0
'---------------
#org 0x71A5BC
movesprite 0xFF 0x2 0x6
movesprite 0x1 0x3 0x6
lock
msgbox 0x871D3FC MSG_NORMAL '"Good Morning, Sleepy hed.\pIts 12:..."
applymovement 0x1 0x871D4A6
waitmovement 0x0
setflag 0x710
setvar 0x4056 0x1
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x71D3FC
= Good Morning, Sleepy hed.\pIts 12:30 just because your on\nsummer vacation, dosen't mean you\lhave to act like a bum.\pNow go fetch me some grocyes, from\nthe local market.

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x71D4A6
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x60 'Hide
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

And BTW, use your own offsets for the beginning of the level script, you can overwrite important data if you don't.

Larvitar170

Noobie hacker
Years
Game: Fire Red
Type: Movement/Script
Editor: XSE
Script:
Spoiler:

In the Advance Map, I entered 0003 in the unknown, and 4050 in the Var Number.
All this does is freeze the character.

NatureKeeper

Type: Movement/Script
Editor: XSE
Script:
Spoiler:

In the Advance Map, I entered 0003 in the unknown, and 4050 in the Var Number.
All this does is freeze the character.

I Fixed it. Try it now. :D I am positive it will work.

Larvitar170

Noobie hacker
Years
I Fixed it. Try it now. :D I am positive it will work.
I tried it, and it still didn't work. I made sure it was entered exactly as you had, then copied and pasted after that didn't work. Could it be that I'm not giving it enough space?

EDIT: It is my Rom. I tried it in another ROM, and it worked fine.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2021
I want to edit the death script so when you get a game over it sends you back to the nearest place you healed at but only restores 1HP and 1PP to all your pokemon.

How would I go about doing this?

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
applymovement and one of movements needs to be #raw 0x66

Ok, I'll try again, that's what I thought but when I tried it the popup didn't pop up. Thank you though, I will try it anyway incase it's something I missed. :) *is in a real good mood 'cause I finally got Trend Micro and PokeCryGUI v2.0 to work at the same time. :D*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back