• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Oh, cool. I never really got 'into' Gen V. x: Which is why I never bought Black/White 2. If I had gotten it for Christmas or something, then I would have played it, of course. But I don't plan on buying it.

Auuggh is it cool if I throw my current (only) team member onto DCC to find out if it's any good? I don't want it on the battle forum until I have the whole thing planned. I want to make sure that I'm heading in the right direction.
Ignore this if you don't care haha.
Spoiler:

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
To tell you the truth.....me neither. I never liked Gen V but I'm giving it a fair chance now. First time I played through White I was annoyed at how linear it felt. If you don't mind my asking, what's your favorite game/region?

And on the topic of your team, what game are you training Arcanine in?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Yeah. Sometimes I get out White version and play it for a bit. At first, I really enjoyed seeing so many new Pokemon and catching as many as I could. But I never even beat the game haha.

I'm not sure. I specifically like Johto and Sinnoh (the latter because my first game was Diamond, so I'm most used to it), though.

The Arcanine will be trained on Diamond version. I know the moves conflict (Crunch can't be learned until level 48 as a Growlithe, but it learns ExtremeSpeed at 39 as Arcanine), but I'm hoping to just use the move relearn dude on Soulsilver (momentary trade-over) to fix that one.

Sorry about the slow reply. I'm in a dark room and keep typing stuff wrong because I can barely see the keyboard haha.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I beat White but didn't bother with the post-game. Played Black for a bit until like the 7th gym or so and just gave up. It was too much for me haha.

Your first game was Diamond? Curious...my first game was technically Blue (borrowed it from a friend a couple of years ago) but my first legit copy that I've owned was Diamond and I played the hell out of it. I'm a big fan of Johto and Sinnoh.

Hmm, can't you relearn moves with a heart scale in Pastoria City? It'd save you the time wasted trading lol

AND STOP TYPING IN THE DARK

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Ah, perhaps that's what I meant. I beat the gyms in White, beat the Elite Four, and caught Zekrom. Never got around to doing the rest, though. I do think I beat N, though.

What the heck. I just bumped a key on my laptop and the screen is suddenly really bright. @_@ If I disappear it's because the laptop made me go blind. It also smells weird now, like it's overheating or something.

Oh, cool. I've never had a chance to play any games prior to Gen III due to a lack of game system to play it on haha. Diamond was just suggested to me by a guy in a game store when I wanted to get my first Pokemon game.

Really? I can't remember. x: Lately I've just been SR'ing Heartgold for a shiny starter instead of actually training. I've also been busy swooning over my new shinies haha. s:

Well, I can type without looking at the keyboard. I just keep forgetting where backspace is and end up typing "[[[]]]]\\\][[][]\[\]]" instead of deleting stuff. D;

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
My first was Red.. then Yellow, Snap, Stadium, Gold, Stadium 2, Ruby, Pearl, Heartgold, and finally Black :3

Hope I'm not forgetting any there.. I wish they made a new Pokemon Snap.. that game was AMAZING.

Oh and Hey You Pikachu was somewhere in there.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Let me think here...
Mine were (in order of obtaining it) Trozei (borrowed), Diamond, Heartgold and Soulsilver (same day), White, Ruby and Emerald and Sapphire (same day).

Also PMD Explorers of Darkness and Explorers of Sky were in there somewhere. I gave EoS to a friend of mine, though.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Is it a new laptop, or not yours? I've been using mine for almost 3 years now and it's like my baby. I know where most keys are at hahaha

I've actually never played Gen III to completion; just couldn't get into it which is why I secretly wanted Gen III remakes

And yea I'm sure there's a guy in Pastoria City that will let your pokemon relearn moves in exchange of a heart scale.

Now I gotta apologize for replying late; trying to decide on a PC theme.

My first was Red.. then Yellow, Snap, Stadium, Gold, Stadium 2, Ruby, Pearl, Heartgold, and finally Black :3

Hope I'm not forgetting any there.. I wish they made a new Pokemon Snap.. that game was AMAZING.

Oh and Hey You Pikachu was somewhere in there.

My order is Blue, Diamond, Crystal, HeartGold, White, and White 2. Pokemon Snap 2! I wish they'd make a new one too.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Nah, I've had it for like two or three years. x: I can't use the darn thing to save my life, though.

Haha, yeah. I like it so far, but I'm too lazy distracted to finish any of them. But one game was full of level 100 shiny Pokemon- none of which are hacked. <3 They were on it when I got the game.

Okay, I'll have to find him, then. If I'm not too lazy, I might trade some rare candies over from Soulsiler so I can level up the Growlithe to use an IV calculator.

Haha, no worries. I'm doing other things at the same time, so it doesn't bother me. I found an old Three Days Grace song that I used to like and now I remember why haha. Also planning my team...hoping to include my shiny Shaymin.

Edit: Just seen the most recent post.
Haha, I'll assume you're referring to the apparently emotional ending? I never got around to beating it so that wasn't a problem. Also a halfway sociopath so I don't think it'll bother me much when I do finally beat it.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
@slender: laziness, ahhh. I know the feeling hahaha

Oh yea I didn't mention the other games. I've played Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Pokemon Rangers Shadows of Almia, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Whaaa! I loved gen 3! It was one of my favourite gens!

In none of my pokemon games have I ever filled the entire dex though. I have a strong thing against hacks/ clones and I wont use the GTS because I dont want a hack. I feel it really just.. defeats the purpose of trying to "catch them all" for me.. especially if you can ask a friend to put in some numbers and trade over some "legendary" pokemon.

So anyone I trade with, I have to ask if it's legit, and I will ask them to nickname it for me as a little personal touch from them :3

In the original red I got up to 147 though!! And in my pearl I got legit manaphy and phione and was so happy :3

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Which gen is your favorite Kura?

And yea I know the hack/clone stuff is pretty controversial for Pokefans so I tend to stay out of it. I just play with my own set of rules and don't force anyone to follow/adhere to them haha.

I've never been close to completing a dex; it's too much work but I commend you for being that close in Red hahaha

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Haha yes.

I don't think I've ever completed a dex. My friend filled the entire Sinnoh Pokedex without hacks. He did use GTS and I helped him out with trade-backs, though. I planned on finishing mine but ehh I'd rather be planning my team.

Yes finally. I have half of my team ready, aside from details on Shaymin.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I was close to completing a dex twice but I lost my first Silver and accidentally restarted my Ruby when I was close. it was really depressing. :(

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I was close to completing a dex twice but I lost my first Silver and accidentally restarted my Ruby when I was close. it was really depressing. :(

You accidentally restarted Ruby? Tara...

OGx7N3j.jpg

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Which gen is your favorite Kura?

And yea I know the hack/clone stuff is pretty controversial for Pokefans so I tend to stay out of it. I just play with my own set of rules and don't force anyone to follow/adhere to them haha.

I've never been close to completing a dex; it's too much work but I commend you for being that close in Red hahaha

Probably gen 2. It was so exciting when it came out. It was also paced really nicely so it felt really long; and like two games in one! I remember when the pokemon all got announced and I was one of the few at school that knew about serebii and finding screens of them and just yeah. Maybe that's the nostalgia talking but.. I just really enjoyed it as a game. It had a lot of pokemon variation, and IMO, a great map. Finding those legendary dogs really felt legendary! I remember I only ever caught Raikou but it instantly became a favourite! Gen 2 designs are probably my favourite as a whole!

I also loved yellow version a lot! I think I had the most pokemon in Pearl, and I know it had more pokemon overall, but I also traded the most with it, and breeded the most with it. It had my favourite boxes which I organize by type and I set the background to the appropriate theme for them too.

Gosh I really like customizing haha!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I've only ever played the Gen II remakes, but I liked catching the dogs as well. I remember spazzing out when I encountered the first one (Entei). Then I was hit with a combination of excitement and devistation when it fled. x:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Haha I remember some people back then who thought that when it fled, it was gone forever, and one that got frustrated that he lost it and never played the game after that. When I told him that it wasn't the case he was like "DAMN!!" haha! Awhh poor soul!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Haha, poor guy. I've never been a huge fan of the legendary dog trio, aside from the excitement of when I first encountered Raikou. When I forgot and reset my game before catching Suicine, I was mostly annoyed that I couldn't SR for a shiny one. x:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back